Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Supercell ID and email address - a question

  1. #11
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    654
    Thanks :-), and please don’t anyone misinterpret my intention (as seemed to be the case on the now closed, account sharing thread). I’m not condoning or encouraging rule breaking, I have no interest in selling any of my accounts, but it does seem to me that in introducing Supercell ID, (imho a very good and useful enhancement) but then making it difficult to change the registered email address Supercell have given with one hand, but taken away with the other. Perhaps this is what they mean by ‘balance’ :-)

  2. #12
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    654
    Update, for anyone who is interested:

    TLDR - changing email addresses is easy and does not use your one time account recovery.

    So, I decided to bite the bullet and ask SC support to change my email addresses. This is what happened:

    first I created the new email address that I wanted to use (I used gmail but it could be any). Then I contacted SC support via in game help ‘contact’ and asked then how I could swap the addresses over.

    They replied within 24 hours and asked me why I wanted to swap addresses suggesting that it might not be necessary.

    I responded immediately and explained why I wanted to swap (didn’t want to continue to use my work email).

    They came back to me straight away and asked my to verify my ownership of the account by supplying:

    the date and location (city) the account was first created.

    the original name of the account

    the number devices the account was played on and the device types

    and to supply a copy of the apple store invoice for my first ever gem purchase. They helpfully gave a link to where I could get that invoice resent.

    Once i I had all the information (took me about 10 minutes to get the invoice) I sent it to them

    10 minutes later the account was swapped.

    all I had to do was re activate the account on first SCID log in, which involved them sending a new code to the new email address.

    In summary the whole process was simple and took about 20 minutes total. Finding the invoice in the apple store was the hardest bit, because there were so many!

    A big thanks to SC support who on this occasion were very helpful and responsive!

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Update, for anyone who is interested:

    TLDR - changing email addresses is easy and does not use your one time account recovery.

    So, I decided to bite the bullet and ask SC support to change my email addresses. This is what happened:

    first I created the new email address that I wanted to use (I used gmail but it could be any). Then I contacted SC support via in game help ‘contact’ and asked then how I could swap the addresses over.

    They replied within 24 hours and asked me why I wanted to swap addresses suggesting that it might not be necessary.

    I responded immediately and explained why I wanted to swap (didn’t want to continue to use my work email).

    They came back to me straight away and asked my to verify my ownership of the account by supplying:

    the date and location (city) the account was first created.

    the original name of the account

    the number devices the account was played on and the device types

    and to supply a copy of the apple store invoice for my first ever gem purchase. They helpfully gave a link to where I could get that invoice resent.

    Once i I had all the information (took me about 10 minutes to get the invoice) I sent it to them

    10 minutes later the account was swapped.

    all I had to do was re activate the account on first SCID log in, which involved them sending a new code to the new email address.

    In summary the whole process was simple and took about 20 minutes total. Finding the invoice in the apple store was the hardest bit, because there were so many!

    A big thanks to SC support who on this occasion were very helpful and responsive!
    Was the same for me about a weak ago, but for the reason i was locked out of my gmail account.
    All the steps you mentions were the same but for one, i didn't provide the receipt for my first gem purchase,
    I gave them the offer name and the other identifying options were enough for them to make sure the account was mine.
    (Being logged in to it was kinda helpful)

  4. #14
    Forum Legend wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    9,777
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Update, for anyone who is interested:
    TLDR - changing email addresses is easy and does not use your one time account recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by RemoteCtrl View Post
    Was the same for me about a weak ago,
    snip
    All the steps you mentions were the same but for one, i didn't provide the receipt for my first gem purchase,
    snip
    do you have sparky the support bot or do you have support agent as ingame support? would be great to know the steps you did if you have sparky as support.

  5. #15
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,045
    I went through the account-recovery some weeks ago as well.
    Provided all info I could think off before I got any questions. But I didn't go through the ingame-support, I contacted SC via their homepage.
    Had no purchase-receipt for my gems, but as my username is unique, the same as my forum-account, I was writing from the mail-address the forum-account is linked to was plenty of prove I'm the owner of said account I guess. Along with generic stuff I was adding on my own (last online, creation-date, connected devices, etc.).

    Not a single bot in the entire process, got messages from actual human only.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:07 AM.

  6. #16
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    do you have sparky the support bot or do you have support agent as ingame support? would be great to know the steps you did if you have sparky as support.
    I had a human support agent, no sign of sparky at all!

  7. #17
    Forum Legend wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    9,777
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    I had a human support agent, no sign of sparky at all!
    you have mentioned that your villages were saved with scid so i am guessing it was an opting out from supercell id and not an email change → email change previously used the one time account recovery.
    opting out from scid gives you the ability to save your village with a new email account for scid (or play without).
    opting out with sparky is a one time thing and i thought you have found a general way to change email with sparky. sad

  8. #18
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    654
    When the support agent had satisfied himself that I was the owner of the village, he set the SCID to ‘expired’ - it showed up with a Red Cross mark in my list of ID’s. All I had to do was re-sign in, this time giving it the new email address.

    I don’t know if I could have done that without his help, simply by ‘opting out’ of SCID then opting back in with the new address, but if that was possible, I would have thought he would have told me as it would have been an easy quick solution?

  9. #19
    Forum Legend wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    9,777
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    I don’t know if I could have done that without his help, simply by ‘opting out’ of SCID then opting back in with the new address, but if that was possible, I would have thought he would have told me as it would have been an easy quick solution?
    afaik things doesnt work without support:
    - email change
    - account recovery
    - opting out from supercell id
    an easy way would be without any support.

  10. #20
    Junior Member DarkXavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    On the Planet "Dirt" not "Earth"
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    afaik things doesnt work without support:
    - email change
    - account recovery
    - opting out from supercell id
    an easy way would be without any support.
    Agreed. I'm still confused on how we can add the new email to our account. Does it involve them sending a login code to our new email that we want to use?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •