Thread: Wish list for the new, upcoming and glorious BH9 update!

Wish list for the new, upcoming and glorious BH9 update!

I have voiced repeatedly my dislike for the BH in this forum, and called for major reforms in this game. There is no point having this game mode in CoC and not playing it. Yes, it is true that we never asked for it, and that it currently sucks as it is, but I truly believe that, with some significant reforms, it can become an enjoyable game mode.

First of all, I think troops should have no training time. This is a PvP game, so why should we have to wait for troops and heroes? We don't have to wait in Clash Royale after all! I am aware of the argument made by Darian that, if this request were to be granted, players might start asking for no training time in the main village as well, but I am not convinced by it. BH is PvP, the main village is not, and this is a big difference. The BH game mode was advertised originally as a game mode that would give players something to do while waiting for armies to build in the main village. This is no longer the case, especially because BM regeneration is now so long.

I also think strategy is seriously lacking. With troop space so small, and defenses being so strong, it is impossible to plan an attack in multiple phases. Assuming that no player will make the mistake to leave a key defense exposed, which is certainly true at a reasonably high trophy count, the only viable attack strategy is to make a rudimentary funnel, and then spam the rest of the troops and hope for the best. The fact that the giant cannon makes so much damage to the BM, and that its damage increases the further away the BM is from the cannon, to the extent that one hit from sufficient distance can take out the BM completely, is absolutely ridiculous and makes me question whether the BM deserves to be called a "hero".

Finally, I think the new update should give us something to do, preferably a team activity. Who cares if we get a level 9 crusher that needs a week to upgrade and 10 million of gold? More upgrades and longer upgrades and more expensive upgrades that can be instantly completed with more gems is getting stale at this point... We have been there and done that. Can we have wars? Tournaments? Campaigns? Something along these lines? New base building games keep appearing, whose developers pledge to get things dun rite. What is Supercell's answer to that? 10 more levels on the BM, which will now take 15 minutes to regenerate and millions of elixir to upgrade? Does this get you excited? It certainly does not get me excited, I can tell you that!

A certain YouTuber, who used to have a lot of power and left the CoC scene with a bang, called the BH a "black hole" inside which a year's development effort was wasted. Other YouTubers, who were very quick to hype up the BH before its launch, changed their tune completely shortly afterwards and eventually stopped covering CoC altogether.

So, please SC, give us something we will love this time, something we will love as much as the main village!
    Last edited by kdrakakis; January 4th, 2019 at 11:16 AM.
    CoC: Co-Leader in war clan Greece #JJ2C28G. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Elder in Greece elite #28P09JY
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakakis View Post
    First of all, I think troops should have no training time. This is a PvP game, so why should we have to wait for troops and heroes? We don't have to wait in Clash Royale after all! I am aware of the argument made by Darian that, if this request were to be granted, players might start asking for no training time in the main village as well, but I am not convinced by it. BH is PvP, the main village is not, and this is a big difference. The BH game mode was advertised originally as a game mode that would give players something to do while waiting for armies to build in the main village. This is no longer the case, especially because BM regeneration is now so long.
    Yeah, the training time thing from SC is a load of bosh.

Millennial Club
    1. No training time. Absolutely no reason for training time with a loot cap. Not one good reason.

2. BH based on PERCENTAGE and not stars. It is absolutely abdurd how this game mode is supposed to find the best players and allows someone using a safe strat who barely scrapes a 2 star to beat a very high % one star.

3. Get rid of wall segments. There is no good reason for having walls grouped in fives.

4. CC nerf reversed. The change rationale is based on fallacy and not fact. I can link youy post where I show this.

5. 2.5 minutes of attack time instead of 3. BB has far less troop space than the main village, why should we need 3 minutes? This will help speed up the game and make archer attacks harder. Only exception is if SC can find a way to make multi phase attacks the norm.

6. Loons get an HP buff to help them be more in line with ground after CC nerf is reversed

7. A method for allowing attacks to end earlier because you’ve already lost

8. Upgrading defenses are still useable

There might be more that I can’t think of but these are some of my ideas.

The training time makes sense from a monetary point of view. People gem the time or buy clock potions to speed it up.
    and someone has to pay SC.

however, I do wish the Battle Machines regent time was the same as the troops. That would be a nice improvement
    Last edited by GrapeApeAffe; January 4th, 2019 at 05:52 PM.

Coc is always covered on YT op

Honestly, the one thing that would make the BB a lot more bearable to play would be to have no training times. It makes too much sense due to the PvP nature of the game. But I don't know if that'll happen, as this was asked in the last Q&A and there answer to that was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    15. In Builder Base, why can’t we attack back-to-back?
    This is an interesting question we've been asking ourselves lately, but there is an underlying philosophy behind it. Time invested gives a greater sense of accomplishment and achievement. If Builder Base troops could be instantly trained, we didn't want to have that request start making its way over to the Main Village. We wanted there to be a feeling of investment with the Builder Base, but easier and less time consuming than the Main Village.

Plus, your Builder Base villagers need to be doing SOMETHING when you're doing your BB attacks amirite?

I understand the philosophy behind why we don't have it, but I don't agree with it either. If they're worried people are going to ask for instant training times, then simply don't introduce it for the Main Village. Besides, the loot cap's already limiting progress as is (that is, if you don't want to spend gems to get more loot bonuses). What's the real issue in making armies instantly ready?

At the very least, the BM should be in line with the current troop training time. And maybe change it so that your entire army doesn't retrain if you quit the battle without dropping anything, so this way you only have to wait for your opponent to finish attacking.
    Last edited by DARDANIUS; January 4th, 2019 at 08:00 PM.

CoC Accounts: Darkwind™ (New TH12 - LV 188 - 50/52/20) | DARDANIUS (TH10 - LV 132 - 20/28)

Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 13 - Gold I) - We are recruiting! Interested in joining? Click here!
    Clashing since January 2014

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApeAffe View Post
    The training time makes sense from a monetary point of view. People gem the time or buy clock potions to speed it up.
    and someone has to pay SC.

however, I do wish the Battle Machines regent time was the same as the troops. That would be a nice improvement
    ^ this. No reason they should be different, regardless of level.