Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Have you successfully redeemed Clan Games award after 1/3/19?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear38 View Post
    The promise of an update to fix this seems ... unlikely at this point. I don't think SuperCell support was being honest. Those were just words to placate.
    Silence is the worst response. It means their devs have not or are unable to figure out the root cause, which doesn't instill a lot of confidence that it won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by alantangcs View Post
    Silence is the worst response. It means their devs have not or are unable to figure out the root cause, which doesn't instill a lot of confidence that it won't happen again.
    So. Issue resolution 101. You copy the database over to a non-production environment. You then try to replicate the issue. However, you don't know, because it happened before the copy, what caused the issue. You check error logs. You look for weird stuff. Sometimes, weird stuff happens. But if you can't replicate it, a fix is very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    So. Issue resolution 101. You copy the database over to a non-production environment. You then try to replicate the issue. However, you don't know, because it happened before the copy, what caused the issue. You check error logs. You look for weird stuff. Sometimes, weird stuff happens. But if you can't replicate it, a fix is very difficult.
    The thing is, the user base have already reported a set of repro steps. I think the more likely reason for this silence is one of these:

- They do not have enough telemetry to tell which users got affected by this. They can't compensate the players that got screwed over because they don't know.

- They have the ability to fix this but since this is a once-off, throw away fix, they deem it not worthy of their time or even a response, probably hoping that people will get upset but that it'll just blow over after a while.

As a software developer myself, I understand too well that bugs range from trivial to almost impossible or too risky to fix. However, regardless, a bug is a bug and it is the dev's mistake and the devs need to acknowledge it and be accountable, particularly in a game where players spend their real money.

Just got a message on my affected account today that SC will be compensating gems because they are unable to compensate the rewards.

Kudos to SC for being able to track down the players who the bug affected. TBH, the gems are even better than the rewards that the last clan games offered (shovel of obstables - meh).

Just got a message on my affected account today that SC will be compensating gems because they are unable to compensate the rewards.

Kudos to SC for being able to track down the players who the bug affected. TBH, the gems are even better than the rewards that the last clan games offered (shovel of obstables - meh).
    Hmmm...I have not seen this on any of my impacted accounts. Did you get that in an in-game pop-up or from support? Any details?
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Hmmm...I have not seen this on any of my impacted accounts. Did you get that in an in-game pop-up or from support? Any details?
    It was an in game message, where you normally check clan mail and invites.

actually, the reward value more than 4000+ gems compare to 300 gems you get for compensation.
    for example.. at tier 5 & 6, you can get 10 & 15 wall ring... if you buy from shop/trader, it cost 1000 + 1500 gems which means 2500 gems in total. It just from 2 tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by SatriaBatangHitam View Post
    actually, the reward value more than 4000+ gems compare to 300 gems you get for compensation.
    for example.. at tier 5 & 6, you can get 10 & 15 wall ring... if you buy from shop/trader, it cost 1000 + 1500 gems which means 2500 gems in total. It just from 2 tiers.
    Glass half full, glass half empty...

For those that don't need those rewards and just sell the stuff, it's a bonus.

The trader is a rip-off anyway. Expecting a compensation of 4000+ gems and quoting those marked up prices... that's unrealistic. They could've easily given us nothing.

Thank you OP for this thread. I was also puzzled at the missing rewards too. Only managed to claim roughly 2-3 accounts out of 10☹️
    CoC: Lvl 206, TH 12, 60/60/30, #U2R2208P, IGN: FUN #BattleScar
    Hayday: Lvl 151, NH: DisFUNctional
    kik: Stewart.Linh

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I got this message in my inbox on about half of my accounts. Interestingly, the ones that didn't get it had all been moved to our jr. CWL clan. I should mention that there was no indication/flag that there was a message. It was just in the inbox.