Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games Glitch

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #131
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkMcC View Post
    Dude the rewards are free. That they offered anything at all seems generous to me... But what do I know?
    They are free. But they are also a little stingy,m compared to what you might have had.

I lean more towards the sell price valuation than the buy price, because many of those things nobody would ever buy at those prices- Does anybody in their right minds buy wall rings? And I haven't heard of anybody saying they might consider buying clocktower potions or shovels.

If nobody will buy at that price, then they aren't worth that.

But there are others there which people DO buy - training potions particularly, and hero books (I'm not sure anybody would pay 300 for a hero potion though).

And while I am glad to have got something, I do think a little more wouldn't have been out of place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Sorry you didn't get the rewards you want, but these prizes aren't worth what you've listed. The Trader provides the equivalent of VIP service in that it offers the opportunity to buy something that you couldn't get under normal circumstances. The price to buy items through the Trader is much higher than what you get if you sell those items.

If you compare the value of these items to what you would get if you sold them, you'll arrive at a completely different number. If my figures are right, they are:

3 training potions: 3x10=30 gems
    3 clock tower potion: 3x10=30 gems
    1 shovel: 50 gems
    3 hero potions 3x10: 30 gems
    10 wall rings 10x5: 50 gems
    15 wall rings 15x5: 75 gems

That's a total of 265 gems if you picked all those items and sold them for gems. It's a bummer that you didn't get the items you wanted and they likely had a greater value to you than what you could sell them for, but in the end, Supercell gave you 300 gems for items that you could have exchanged for 265 gems, so it's not as outrageous when you consider it that way.

Edit: RAppel beat me to it, but I did verify that all the potions, including the hero potion is woth 10 gems, not 5, so I beat him to the right total! haha
    haha.. you guys just want to support SC decisions. Why on earth would you compare with selling price? He didn't get the rewards, so he must be able to buy the item awarded in rewards. What he can buy with 300 gems from the trader? How many shovels? I got 3 shovels from the rewards, not to mention other items.

Dude the rewards are free. That they offered anything at all seems generous to me... But what do I know?
    Rewards are FREE but for everyone, right? In a particular event I got various rewards, so u must also get them. When I get FREE rewards and u don't, for no mistake of yours, and offered something of much lower value, that's not generous.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 1 Week Ago at 08:26 PM.

Why didn't SC just give medals instead of trying to figure out the gem value?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Sorry you didn't get the rewards you want, but these prizes aren't worth what you've listed. The Trader provides the equivalent of VIP service in that it offers the opportunity to buy something that you couldn't get under normal circumstances. The price to buy items through the Trader is much higher than what you get if you sell those items.

If you compare the value of these items to what you would get if you sold them, you'll arrive at a completely different number. If my figures are right, they are:

3 hero potions 3x10: 30 gems
    10 wall rings 10x5: 50 gems
    15 wall rings 15x5: 75 gems

That's a total of 265 gems if you picked all those items and sold them for gems. It's a bummer that you didn't get the items you wanted and they likely had a greater value to you than what you could sell them for, but in the end, Supercell gave you 300 gems for items that you could have exchanged for 265 gems, so it's not as outrageous when you consider it that way.

Edit: RAppel beat me to it, but I did verify that all the potions, including the hero potion is woth 10 gems, not 5, so I beat him to the right total! haha
    Why in the world would you compare to the sale value??? Evidently commerce is not your forte. You canít compare the sale value when the price is set by the unique buyer. Who can buy those items at this value? Nobody. Only SC. If I could buy them for this value, I would not be here posting this. Why canít I buy them for this value? Because SC is the only buyer for this value. My price tag is much higher. The trader doesnít offer ďVIP servicesĒ, he sales items at a price tag. Gems are the currency. Those items are items I would have got if your system didnít fail. Your error, not mine. I did my part of the deal to get the items but you didnít honor your part of the deal. To fix the error, the company should offer the equivalent allowing me to get those items, or the items themselves. Can I get those items with 300 gems? No. Not even close. Iím not asking 4200 gems, I was just pointing out that 300 gems is a joke. A rip off and a very ugly way to show you customer how you look down on them. Your reply makes it even worst as you basically imply that Iím plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by RAppel View Post
    Oh. And if you are going for what things are worth you should go for their sale value:

3 hero potions: 30 gems
    10 wall rings: 50 gems
    15 wall rings: 75 gems

=265

You got 300 so 35 more than you could gain.

EDIT: I'm sleepy
    Oh yeah? So please tell me where I can buy them for this value? I canít right? Of course not, only SC can buy for this value. So how is your reply even relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaber89 View Post
    So...are you saying that the true value of those items are only what we, the players, can sell them for? And that, in essence, SC didn't rip off the OP here, but is actually artificially inflating the prices of these items when bought from them? Meaning that they are ripping off those that are buying these items from the trader, who works as a tool for SC (not his own seperate entity), assuming that those that buy from him have paid money for the gems he wants?

I understand what you are trying to get at with your initial post, but at the same time when you are playing a game where the time put into it can be ascribed a cash value, shouldn't an error that denies someone the reward for their time be resolved by giving an equal value to that time investment to money ratio?
    You are exactly right!
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 1 Week Ago at 08:28 PM.

The OP is right. If SC screw the things up they need to provide proper fix.
    This 300 gems are just B S compared with real rewards value.
    Hope SC plays honest here.
    Last edited by SuperR0ck; 1 Week Ago at 04:07 AM.
    SuperCell, an 2 stars company.

I think its pretty oblivious without any calculations that max 300 gems compensated is definitely not enough to buy a book or shovel from the trader.

Noone is gonna be so stupid to sell their items.

The comparison was just to show how bad the compensation is with just mere 10 gems more than selling the items with the highest value.

Since 300 > nothing, so there's an option to be satisfied with that. But it is not a mandatory option to choose because there was no fault of the players.
    And clan games rewards worth >> 300 so, OP is not wrong to raise this question. OP used 4200 just as an example to show the difference between the cg rewards value and 300 gems.
    IMO, 2k gems would have been a much more relevant compensation.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; 1 Week Ago at 04:39 AM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!
    Bigger problem than nerfs/buffs : 1, 2
    Skill based CWL : idea

Donít even know where you actually get all the amount of gem supercell need to give u from. How much we purchase or buy in game doesnít meant they have to compensate u that amount dude.

Millennial Club
    The underlined part speaks for itself...
    You gotta be joking me. People spent all week getting medals, doing tedious in-game tasks, heck, some even dropping trophies to get the rewards... And now youíre saying 1 week of time and effort is okay to be wasted. And SC is really nice to compensate ♥♥♥♥ to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobenzochris View Post
    Donít even know where you actually get all the amount of gem supercell need to give u from. How much we purchase or buy in game doesnít meant they have to compensate u that amount dude.
    Thereís so much wrong with this that I donít even wanna talk about it.

Back on point:-

Iím once again amazed by all these SC suck ups in these forums. SC could erase your account and reset it to TH2, and they would say that SC is generous for not removing it (exaggeration, in case some keyboard warriors are getting some ideas).

Okay, youíre right. Compensation of full 4,200 gems is way too much. I canít be the only one that sometimes picks a reward to sell it. It would be unfair to me then if they get 100% return.

At the same time, giving them a little over the sell value is completely flawed.
    First of all, the selling value is pathetic: you canít even buy the cheapest book with 300 gems. If they were gonna use this flawed reasoning, a 1,500 gem compensation would have been a more sensible plan (still flawed tho).

Next, the selling value shouldnít be taken into considering in the first place.
    Letís say SC decided to make all the magic items sell for 1 gem each. Now if they have 10 gems based on the sell value, would that be fair when you have to buy it for 500-1000 gems on average?

Finally, itís SCís fault totally here. Players shouldnít be hurt even the slightest here. Itís SCís job to provide them a proper compensation.
    Last edited by Hammad80; 1 Week Ago at 05:44 AM.

What did you really expect from a bunch of bromancers ,
    the Games are messed up.

Just as gamers have concluded the community should lead SC wherever it is headed
    SC needs direction, and the community gives them that.

Before you feel all ripped off here you should look forward to the next games,
    this time better rewards are in store for us.
    Last edited by Cowslips; 1 Week Ago at 08:38 AM. Reason: Swearing
    (2013) V3.3 DARK DRAGON