Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games Glitch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Please give us the official SC source of this information...
    Did I share info.?

The Community of gamers that play CoC are most important,
    Shutdown got nothing to do with the moderation.

Instead of compensating 300 gems, they should either give them the claimed rewards or give them to choose from tiers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    There are some lessons from this thread.

You will never fail to get both ends of the opinion spectrum.

There is no point in arguing against your polar opposite

People should think before posting analogies to try to make sure that whilst, by definition, the analogy circumstances may be dissimilar they bear at least a passing resemblance to the topic under discussion.
    Agreed definitely some lessons to learn. There should be a sticky at the top of general saying, "IF YOU ARE EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION BE SURE TO NOT FLAME OTHER PEOPLE WITH OPINIONS DIFFERENT THAN YOURS."

common sense,eh?not so common
    Last edited by Rephren; January 12th, 2019 at 11:35 AM.

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    There are some lessons from this thread.

You will never fail to get both ends of the opinion spectrum.

There is no point in arguing against your polar opposite

People should think before posting analogies to try to make sure that whilst, by definition, the analogy circumstances may be dissimilar they bear at least a passing resemblance to the topic under discussion.
    Probably the most logical post I've seen on this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    If a wheel fell off your canoe, how much pancake mix would it take to shingle your roof?

Quote Originally Posted by RAppel View Post
    If you intended to use the items, yes. If you intended to sell the items, no. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
    whether he intended to use it or not, it is upto the user. As SC gave rewards to everyone except him(or a few), due to no fault of his, the question shouldn't come whether he intended to use it or not. SC messesd up the event, so they should give him the rewards, it is upto him to decide whether to use or sell them. When u mess up a job, u r in no position to decide whether the customer would have used the product or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kannukanhashubhang View Post
    Instead of compensating 300 gems, they should either give them the claimed rewards or give them to choose from tiers again.
    Exactly ....

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Exactly ....
    But I doubt easy as it would probably mean creating some temporary store within the game for just a certain group of players.

SC made an attempt to reimburse those impacted and the amount of compensation was either appreciated or not appreciated. SC could come back and offer more but then they would still have some that are still not satisfied.

The fact that we only have a handful of people coming here unsatisfied means to me the problem wasn’t that wide spread or the gems offered were satisfactory to most.... but of course not everyone is going to be satisfied and that’s their right as well.
    Last edited by Jwp721; January 12th, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #168
    Alright this thread has run its course long ago and therefore high time to wrap this up.

But first a few things as food for thought.
    When posting on a public forum everyone is free to express their opinion on the matter, whether they agree or disagree as long as it’s done within the forum rules.nand even though someone has a minority opinion they can post theirs as well.

Now regarding the actual subject at hand...
    To a degree I can certainly understand the OP feels short changed with this deal however I also think comparing it with the gem purchase price of only the most expensive items is a bit unfair. In doing so the OP arrived at a gem count of 4200 if you were to purchase all these items from the trader. For example for the last tier OP calculated that one of the prizes (15 wall rings) would cost 1500 gems. Let’s not forget that this same tier also had a Book of Heroes as a prize choice. Which the trader generally offers for 500 gems. There are plenty of people who would choose the lesser gem valued book of heroes over the higher valued 15 wall rings.
    So that in itself would deduct 1,000 gems which means the total would drop to 3,200 already instead of 4,200. A similar story applies for the tier which had the 10 wall rings for which we could roughly deduct 600-700 gems from the count.
    We’re now down to 2,500 gems. I think it’s clear where this is going so yes I do think it’s unfair to make that comparison with only the most expensive items. Then there’s the mater that the traders offer isn’t always the cheapest. Just thing of the shovel special offer a few weeks ago which was much cheaper per shovel then the 500 gems it costs from the trader.

As with any other economy “cash” which no restrictions as to how you spend it is much more valuable then items or money tied up.

All in all I do think expecting 4,200 (and I’m not saying the OP was expecting this) is unreasonable even 2,500 would be unreasonable by far because of the things it would let you do. Those 4,200 gems for example would allow you to gem the time on 4 hero upgrades whereas the games would only get you a book and some other stuff.

It is a very unfortunate situation and again I do understand the feeling of being underwhelmed with the compensation also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rephren View Post
    Agreed definitely some lessons to learn. There should be a sticky at the top of general saying, "IF YOU ARE EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION BE SURE TO NOT FLAME OTHER PEOPLE WITH OPINIONS DIFFERENT THAN YOURS."

common sense,eh?not so common
    There is really no reason for such a sticky. There is something we like to call the forum rules and inflammatory posts are converted in there. Have a looksie you wouldn’t have to look far, the very first rule speaks of such posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kannukanhashubhang View Post
    There must have been reasons why they chose this route. I can’t look into their kitchen either but chances are there are technical difficulties with this solution so they went with a gem compensation.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I said his post was "just as" grossly misleading as the one he described that way, and I stand by that.

It is just as "grossly misleading" to quote the prices that a very few players may be willing to pay as it is to quote the prices for which they can be sold. Particularly when one of the equal biggest components was wall rings, and the other was shovels. Both of which have drawn significant complaints about the cost.

I agree, people may buy the hero book, and will buy the training potion. But I don't believe one player in a thousand would buy any of the others, they just take them when they can get them free.

But trying to compare to either the selling or the buying price is misleading, when they would have been FREE items.

Yes, it would have been better to have been able to choose the items from the list just as you would have done without the bug. No question or argument about that.

The rewards would not have been valued at that. If you must put a value on them, it is what you would be prepared to pay, or what you would be willing to sell for. Not a listed buying price that you wouldn't be prepared to pay.

If you have decided they don't care, then there will be nothing you are likely to accept as proof otherwise.

They most certainly do care.
    You seem to be confusing earned items with free items. Free denotes that you get them for nothing, to earn the clan games rewards there would have been effort involved and in some cases possibly even real money spent to get them. Therefor they completely misrepresented the rewards when a bug stops people from claiming them and they chose to compensate by giving an amount of gems that can’t even buy one of the rewards listed on the rewards chart. That is a joke. On a side note I had 6 accounts affected by the bug and haven’t recieved a single thing. Tell me again that the game cares about its customers. Smh

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #170
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    On a side note I had 6 accounts affected by the bug and haven’t recieved a single thing.
    Are you sure?

Look in your inbox on those accounts. There should be a message there with a "claim" button.

Tell me again that the game cares about its customers. Smh
    "The game" cannot care about anything.

But Supercell most absolutely certainly do care about their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)