Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads Up on Obtaining Expansion Permits - Limited Sources

The permits were removed from boxes because you could get them for free, without spending any diamonds. My one year old mini had 58 before the update, without using diamonds to open toolboxes*, without reshuffling derby prizes (and I wouldn’t have selected a permit if a bem was on the same column).

*from time to time, the game decides I should spend diamonds on toolboxes, so it steals diamonds from me, without me actually tapping the button to spend diamonds. It’s even worse now, with new toolboxes costing more diamonds. More here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-a-MYSTERY-BOX
    kik: morgaine25

Farm 216 / Town 65

I think of that land as my neighbors land that I may be able to buy in a few years. They can therefore decorate it as they want, as long as it stays in their yard. It also allows those of you who clear cutt your land to enjoy the natural colors of the trees.

I’ve gotten one single scroll since update. I don’t play derby so I’ll clear all land in about 20 years from now at this rate.
    Fields of Greatness | Farm Lvl: 98 | Town Lvl: 22
    Neighborhood: Arctic Valley
    Building Mastery: 23/32
    Kik: adamkr88 | Achievements: 132/144

So ... thanks for nothing?!

Quote Originally Posted by FieldsOfGreatness View Post
    I’ve gotten one single scroll since update. I don’t play derby so I’ll clear all land in about 20 years from now at this rate.
    Same here. Last three derbys and not a single permit, and that’s with shuffling one last week and today. I understand They don’t want it to be easy but this is downright ridiculous.
    Clover ’Girls' 20+ adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 75+ please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC

Quote Originally Posted by Midge123 View Post
    I got two scrolls with one shuffle in the last Derby. In the current Derby I am up to the 8th column and no scrolls in columns 4 or 7. I wiil do one shuffle but if this does not produce any scrolls then thats it for the Derby as far as I am concerned.

I stopped doing the Derby once I had opened all the previous land, because for me it is too time consuming, the novelty wore off a long time ago and I now find it a bit boring. I only started again because its the only way to get scrolls. If thats not guaranteed, then I shall just forget about opening the new land.

Because frankly being disappointed each time is not fun, and the whole point of playing is for fun, is it not?
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    I think the permits are absurdly scarce. They were rare before they were removed from the mystery boxes, but now they’re almost non-existent. It has been more than a month since the update, and we’ve only had one WOF with a scroll—and of course the chance of getting one without spending diamonds is slim.

So that only leaves the derby, which in my experience has been giving very few permits without reshuffling. So far I’ve spent 15-20 diamonds per derby reshuffling, in order to get 2 permits. If that continues to be the average, it will cost more than 1300 diamonds to get all of them—and will take about 1-1/2 years. I think that’s a ridiculous amount of time to wait when I’m spending that many diamonds. My alternative is to stop reshuffling and resign myself to waiting something like 3-5 years to get all the permits.

I wouldn’t mind the wait as much if the locked land weren’t so ugly. But I’m really annoyed that my choices are between a huge expense and extremely long wait—or no expense and insanely long wait—and either way I have to put up with a big eyesore for what seems like forever.
    Yes, and yes. For years, I have only opted into the Derby in order to get scrolls. During the original round of deco land expansion, I spent thousands of diamonds shuffling Derby prizes, opening tool chests and spinning the WoF. This time around, I was pleased that the Bingo Derby produced extra scrolls. (I got 6 that week with some shuffling.) The fun went out of it when I accidentally opened the wrong plot because I missed the small amount of land showing in the plot I wanted, and the game registered my tap as associated with a tree from a neighboring plot. I opened a second deco plot this week—the one that only requires 4 scrolls—and I’m done with chasing scrolls.

The Derby hasn’t been fun for me for years. I’ve dutifully tried each new type of Derby once. Nope, no fun. It makes absolutely no sense to me that participating in the Derby is the only way to get scrolls. Land expansion and designing new areas around my farm is my favorite thing. I would be even happier doing it if edit mode weren’t so clunky. I don’t do boats or trucks except for certain events, but I’m thrilled to put in a ton of effort when those special events show up. Having to slog through years of Derbying is not the same. I understand that SC is trying to curb the speed at which we complete the expansion, but this pushes it into the “don’t care, not gonna try” realm like the puzzle pieces. I ignore those, too. The sanctuary is just an overgrown decoration with “pets.”
    Last edited by MiniGardener; 3 Days Ago at 09:10 PM.

Farm Level 117 | Town 37 | Achievements 139/144

Centennial Club
    ^^^ s'funny but I really think SC are missing a trick with those of us that love the deco side of the game (possibly MORE) than all other aspects of the game combined lol

I too, live for decos... Live in edit mode... Am frequently on line but prettyfying my farm. It makes me happy. And yet, there doesn't seem to be enough targeted stuff just for "us"... I've invested heavily in my farm. Am happy to do so if I see something cute, but, we get left out a fair bit imo.

I play derby for decos, permits n puzzle pieces. Wish we had regular derby for decos, like the wisteria tree one, for example... I'd probably trample my farm kittens in order to get to THOSE sorta derby prizes!
    Last edited by udderly; 3 Days Ago at 10:06 PM.
    Kik: Stinky_and_The_Brain

Recruitment Thread:https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post12058790

Quote Originally Posted by udderly View Post
    ^^^ s'funny but I really think SC are missing a trick with those of us that love the deco side of the game (possibly MORE) than all other aspects of the game combined lol

I too, live for decos... Live in edit mode... Am frequently on line but prettyfying my farm. It makes me happy. And yet, there doesn't seem to be enough targeted stuff just for "us"... I've invested heavily in my farm. Am happy to do so if I see something cute, but, we get left out a fair bit imo.

I play derby for decos, permits n puzzle pieces. Wish we had regular derby for decos, like the wisteria tree one, for example... I'd probably trample my farm kittens in order to get to THOSE sorta derby prizes!
    I have decided that SC just doesn't care what we think. Maybe our comments are a good source of entertainment. We sure don't hear from them much except for a mystery quote

As long as we are adding decorations into the conversation...I too love to add new decorations to my farm. The derby is a thing of the past for me. I’ve given up ever acquiring the cute animated playground toys from the brain draining derby. Too time consuming, too many diamonds needed and zilch rewards or nearly zilch. Permits? Not happening. Puzzle pieces? Hahahaha!

If SC wants farmers to buy diamonds why not add the past (cute) decos to the list of decos to purchase or add them to WOF? I typically ignore the WOF as I have enough corn, eggs what-have-you without winning any additional thank you. The prizes are a joke. There are many many nice decos that players would love to purchase if given the chance. I would love the wisteria trees as well and the awesome tent with campfire. What a chance SC is passing up. I buy diamonds and mostly use them for decorations.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I have decided that SC just doesn't care what we think. Maybe our comments are a good source of entertainment. We sure don't hear from them much except for a mystery quote
    Ach, you need one of ma chill pills, ma man... It's just a game, innit. Take a step back. Deep breath. And use the bits u like and live with the bits you don't. If you let the dissatisfaction creep in too much, you'll stop enjoying what is essentially just a pastime.

Sure, there are things that bug me but, I try and stay positive as best I can... Not always easy but, what did being down ever achieve?

Yannow?

Ps. Not belittling your feelings, or struggle... Just trying to say... Chin up
    Kik: Stinky_and_The_Brain

Recruitment Thread:https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post12058790