Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 105

Thread: Heads Up on Obtaining Expansion Permits - Limited Sources

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    317

    Heads Up on Obtaining Expansion Permits - Limited Sources

    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. There's a post in the Bugs section about the lack of scrolls. Turns out it is not a bug. The link to the thread is here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...g-any-scrolls?

    Per Nick, the permits have been removed from mystery boxes and are now available ONLY through the WOF and horseshoe prizes.

    I was hoping this time around we'd get permits from a larger variety of sources, but apparently instead they will be doled out much like the horrible puzzle pieces.

    While that is disheartening, I appreciate the heads up. I never pay for mystery boxes, but had been since the update, hoping to get some permits. Looks like I can save a few diamonds by going back to the freebies only. Nick, thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by PetHerder; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Forum Veteran LuluHulu2409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,533
    This is the answer that I got from Help and Support
    twice. I think this is a terrible way to do it! My small neighborhood can never get enough points to get all the way to the columns on the right!!
    I am trying to adjust to having an eternal area of unopened land plots, but it is difficult.

  3. #3
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    4,981
    I think most people want to clear the land because it is there.

    of the last lot of land to open and the first permit land, I did open it, but I don’t use it.

    on my second farm, I showed more restraint and opened none of it. That farm has some 65 permits.

    i just find the land too large to navigate and don’t need more
    Farm 136
    CoC TH10 BhB8 AQ 40 BK 38
    established level 14 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts
    GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard
    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  4. #4
    Senior Member Paulettes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    394
    Well I’ve read this response a few times now, trying to determine if its saying what I think it is. Laurence’s post point out that there are now fewer sources to obtain scrolls as they’re no longer available in the red box. Wussypuss you make the point “I think most people want to open the land because it’s there” well um yes, is that not the point of land expanding? Ok so it might not be for everyone and I accept there are people who aren’t bothered about opening land, however on a personal level if I am offered extra land I want to be able to open it (isn’t this the point) and to do that I need permits. Whether you “need” more land or not is not the point, the fact is they’ve given us land so they should give us ample sources to enable us to open those spots!
    Last edited by Paulettes; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:57 PM.


    LOOK FOR OUR TAG- #9U8Q8JPO
    Hood launched 24/12/2018



  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulettes View Post
    Well I’ve read this response a few times now, trying to determine if its saying what I think it is. Laurence’s post point out that there are now fewer sources to obtain scrolls as they’re no longer available in the red box. Wussypuss you make the point “I think most people want to open the land because it’s there” well um yes, is that not the point of land expanding? Ok so it might not be for everyone and I accept there are people who aren’t bothered about opening land, however on a personal level if I am offered extra land I want to be able to open it (isn’t this the point) and to do that I need permits. Whether you “need” more land or not is not the point, the fact is they’ve given us land so they should give us ample sources to enable us to open those spots!
    It wouldn't even bother me so much if they would give permits in the derby. The first week, I got one permit even though we got all nine flags in the derby. This week we have gotten all nine flags, and I got zero permits. If you are going to limit them to derby, at least give the stupid permits when the appropriate flag is reached!!

  6. #6
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    4,981
    I just don’t think anyone has to put so much focus on expansion. For most people, the permits will come (some have issues, like WoF events).

    it is supposed to be gradual and while they removed the opportunity for permits from the mystery boxes, I have seen an increase in their presence in derby thresholds, which were recently realigned so that all derby sizes can reach all thresholds




    my previous post was more directed at Luluhulu... you can get used to unopened plots.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:34 PM.
    Farm 136
    CoC TH10 BhB8 AQ 40 BK 38
    established level 14 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts
    GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard
    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  7. #7
    Forum Veteran LuluHulu2409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,533
    I am working on ignoring all those little squares with fun stuff in them, but it is hard. I really like “neat and tidy”.... At least it is across the road where it is not the first thing I see every day. I guess I don’t understand the reason for making it so hard. I am pretty sure it has something to do with making more money, because people use diamonds to complete derby tasks.
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I just don’t think anyone has to put so much focus on expansion. For most people, the permits will come (some have issues, like WoF events).

    it is supposed to be gradual and while they removed the opportunity for permits from the mystery boxes, I have seen an increase in their presence in derby thresholds, which were recently realigned so that all derby sizes can reach all thresholds




    my previous post was more directed at Luluhulu... you can get used to unopened plots.

  8. #8
    Pro Member AsYouWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    ❤️
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by PetHerder View Post
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. There's a post in the Bugs section about the lack of scrolls. Turns out it is not a bug. The link to the thread is here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...g-any-scrolls?

    Per Nick, the permits have been removed from mystery boxes and are now available ONLY through the WOF and horseshoe prizes.

    I was hoping this time around we'd get permits from a larger variety of sources, but apparently instead they will be doled out much like the horrible puzzle pieces.

    While that is disheartening, I appreciate the heads up. I never pay for mystery boxes, but had been since the update, hoping to get some permits. Looks like I can save a few diamonds by going back to the freebies only. Nick, thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.
    Thank you, PetHerder!

    That is a bummer, but at least we know. I use every bit of the land, and fields, that SC gives us. I hope, in the future they might reconsider the difficulty in obtaining permits. I am not able to play the derby due to health issues (I’ve been trying this week, but it’s impossible), so much-wanted land will be unobtainable under these current restrictions. It is my sincere hope that SC will add additional ways for non-derby players to obtain permits.
    Last edited by AsYouWish; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:56 AM.
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    Happy New Year!
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    325
    I didn’t want to get used to unopened plots but I got used to never looking at the sanctuary or collecting puzzle pieces so I guess it can be done. As a non derby player I now only have the WOF “event” where I can gain scrolls. I can’t even imagine how long that would take as I don’t use diamonds for extra spins. I can’t really see what logic there is in removing scrolls from the mystery boxes-it did at least give more opportunities to gain them. It’s not going to force me to use diamonds, or play the derby so I’ll accept my farm will look untidy and unfinished and I’ll remain disappointed by this particular Supercell decision.

  10. #10
    Centennial Club herbladyann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    166

    Never get enough scrolls now

    Quote Originally Posted by PetHerder View Post
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. There's a post in the Bugs section about the lack of scrolls. Turns out it is not a bug. The link to the thread is here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...g-any-scrolls?

    Per Nick, the permits have been removed from mystery boxes and are now available ONLY through the WOF and horseshoe prizes.

    I was hoping this time around we'd get permits from a larger variety of sources, but apparently instead they will be doled out much like the horrible puzzle pieces.

    While that is disheartening, I appreciate the heads up. I never pay for mystery boxes, but had been since the update, hoping to get some permits. Looks like I can save a few diamonds by going back to the freebies only. Nick, thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

    I now have limited time with access to WiFi so I can’t play the Derby in my neighborhood (that I love). I would prevent the hood from winning Derbies due to the time it would take me to finish tasks. My only chance for scrolls will be WoF which is unfair. Or else leave my neighborhood for another one that plays the Derby but does not try to actually win, only get prizes.

    Played this game for years and spent hundreds of $$$ on diamonds over the years and still do. Maybe I will rethink that now! This started out as a farming game and now the Derby seems to be SC’s main focus. Hay Day was a great game to relieve stress and unwind. The Derby brought a tension and stress that tore many neighborhoods apart. Most of us managed to adapt our play and moved on. Opting out of the Derby was one of those methods that allowed us to stay with friends made here over the years.

    You guys need to give us more ways to get scrolls! Forcing Derby play is going to eventually lose you long time players who have developed relationships with hood members but can’t expand now. Not sure why game developers would choose to limit players this way but it’s a decision that is going to negatively impact a lot of players - especially small neighborhoods of family and friends and players with limited access to play.
    GC HerbAnn2, Dogville Farm, level 151
    Tag LLLPYQ28, Neighborhood The Oldies Place

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •