Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions for a new member who won't talk

Suggestions for a new member who won't talk

I just had a new member join my hood for this weeks derby,but so far has not said anything nor offered to reply to a question.and no help offered to a request. Any ideas

Forum Veteran
    Morgan have they actually done anything in the derby or other farming activities you’ve seen?

How do you screen your new players before accepting them, or when they arrive?

How soon before the derby did they arrive?
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Morgan, I feel for you. We had a level 148 player join this week. She chatted very briefly w one of my senior players and was oriented. Then she went quiet. Well, that’s ok, not everyone is chatty. Well derby has started and newbie is nowhere to b found! My team is freaking out. I’m opted out bc I have out of town guests all week so can’t be on. They have a perfect score but wo her points they r in 6th place! Why do people agree to your standard of play then go rogue? Is there some enjoyment in the sabotage?! All I can say Morgan is polish your boots!
    Leader Spirit’s Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

All kinds of reasons. Death in family, lost device, flu. Does not have to be sabotage. It is called life.

Sometimes people like to spectate before they get involved in chat.

unless you require thorough screening, breathalyzer, next of kin upon hood entry, I would just give them time if they are not hurting anyone
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    I know this is an obvious question but, do they speak english?
    (breathalyser, lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    If a wheel fell off your canoe, how much pancake mix would it take to shingle your roof?

That was my 1st question too. Hope all goes well

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I know this is an obvious question but, do they speak english?
    (breathalyser, lol)

Just a thought, They may have the chat feature turned off. When I played on an iohone4 I had mine off frequently because it took Have my game screen and the notification was space taking. Tiny screens those phones have! Also it’s a holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I just had a new member join my hood for this weeks derby,but so far has not said anything nor offered to reply to a question.and no help offered to a request. Any ideas

Farm level: 236 Silo 11,650 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

Ok , I'm getting the blue gloves out lol anyways I made the mistake of not checking on access so had the door open . They came in just before the derby started and I didn't see them until it was to late. I tried greeting them and let them know the basics for my hood. So far no talking so I don't know if they talk English,no replies.
    I am on my 5th task but they are on their 2nd .so being in CL I'm going to drop a level .in 13 th as of posting this. I guess I'll wait and see what happens and decide if they stay or go before the derby ends .
    I do have a pair of steel toe boots lol.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Sometimes people like to spectate before they get involved in chat.

unless you require thorough screening, breathalyzer, next of kin upon hood entry, I would just give them time if they are not hurting anyone
    I would add, inside leg measurement, random drug test, derby cv, star sign, and a 20 minute presentation on the benefits of teamwork and stacking to that list Wussy ...... then you’ve got my entry requirements
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun