Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions for a new member who won't talk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    I would add, inside leg measurement, random drug test, derby cv, star sign, and a 20 minute presentation on the benefits of teamwork and stacking to that list Wussy ...... then youíve got my entry requirements
    While we are at it I want to add , handling unruly horses , quickness of mucking a trashed stall and digging a ditch in the rain.
    I posted another message for this person and still no reply. And task currently at since yesterday still not done . I'll be on my 6th in an hour. Maybe I can have Steve come and put them right, you know the drill sergeant deal as in boot camp lol.

Well at least your newbie has done 2 tasks, mine has yet to make an appearance. Yes, life does happe, but Iíve seen this thing way to many times to keep deferring to life circumstances. Morgan, when drill Sargent Steve is finished at your hood, point him in my direction. Hope he has some experience with finding mia!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by themammabear View Post
    Well at least your newbie has done 2 tasks, mine has yet to make an appearance. Yes, life does happe, but Iíve seen this thing way to many times to keep deferring to life circumstances. Morgan, when drill Sargent Steve is finished at your hood, point him in my direction. Hope he has some experience with finding mia!
    In this one I don't think it's life but freeloading, they are not. answering at all .have dropped to 14 so I may not wait until Sunday and don't see activity on the farm .already know I'm going to lose a level. To bad we have to have people like this.

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I just had a new member join my hood for this weeks derby,but so far has not said anything nor offered to reply to a question.and no help offered to a request. Any ideas
    Morgan, what level is this newbie? It's possible he doesn't know how to turn on chat, or forgot to turn on chat. He may have come from a NH that did not chat. I have had a new member who did not know how to turn on chat. She was the sister of one of our NH members and had to be taught how to turn it on. I also have had a new member who simply forgot to turn chat on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Morgan, what level is this newbie? It's possible he doesn't know how to turn on chat, or forgot to turn on chat. He may have come from a NH that did not chat. I have had a new member who did not know how to turn on chat. She was the sister of one of our NH members and had to be taught how to turn it on. I also have had a new member who simply forgot to turn chat on.
    The person is at level 56 , maybe they don't know how to turn on chat but isn't that what the leader can do ? Having chat on or off , I am doing my 2 farms and am the leader in that hood and chat is on . I had someone who didn't speak English join and they figured out it was English and they left . So don't know on that . 1 task done and the second one sitting on it for almost 3 days ? I don't know. Suspected freeloading. I'm already at the bottom 3 so will wait until Sunday to see what happens,then decided. To bad they won't say something.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    The person is at level 56 , maybe they don't know how to turn on chat but isn't that what the leader can do ? Having chat on or off , I am doing my 2 farms and am the leader in that hood and chat is on . I had someone who didn't speak English join and they figured out it was English and they left . So don't know on that . 1 task done and the second one sitting on it for almost 3 days ? I don't know. Suspected freeloading. I'm already at the bottom 3 so will wait until Sunday to see what happens,then decided. To bad they won't say something.
    Each member of a neighbourhood has the option to enable or disable neighbourhood chat - that appears as a checkbox in advanced settings. It is in the control of individual members; the Leader cannot change that setting for hoodies.

In my hood I have a member who doesn't start any tasks until the weekend, and then works really hard to do them. That is her particular style of play, and we are happy to accept that. I appreciate that that might not suit some hoods who are Derby-focussed, of course.

To avoid similar issues again, I'd suggest that you might like to make your hood "request to join" if it isn't already. You can then control when new members join, so that you have time to chat with them before the next Derby starts.

Hay Day level 179 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 Cows a-Slipping View Post
    Each member of a neighbourhood has the option to enable or disable neighbourhood chat - that appears as a checkbox in advanced settings. It is in the control of individual members; the Leader cannot change that setting for hoodies.

In my hood I have a member who doesn't start any tasks until the weekend, and then works really hard to do them. That is her particular style of play, and we are happy to accept that. I appreciate that that might not suit some hoods who are Derby-focussed, of course.

To avoid similar issues again, I'd suggest that you might like to make your hood "request to join" if it isn't already. You can then control when new members join, so that you have time to chat with them before the next Derby starts.
    Thanks,I didn't know each member could enable the chat themselves. And I now have adjusted my join functions so it won't happen again, I overlooked that .

Pro Member
    I have a very simple way to handle players that dont answer back , before the Derby start .
    I wish them Good luck in the next team they Join , they will not play any Derby in Lyngby Farmers ,
    We like to get in top 3 in all Derbys and dont wish to drag along any deadweight ,
    Last edited by Lyngby; December 28th, 2018 at 03:46 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyngby View Post
    I have a very simple way to handle players that dont answer back , before the Derby start .
    I wish them Good luck in the next team they Join , they will not play any Derby in Lyngby Farmers ,
    We like to get in top 3 in all Derbys and dont wish to drag along any deadweight ,
    Well there has to be something better than just booting out someone but I gave them my boot last night.would have liked to know why they would not reply. To bad . I don't like doing it. To many with bad behavior vs those who are good.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    I would add, inside leg measurement, random drug test, derby cv, star sign, and a 20 minute presentation on the benefits of teamwork and stacking to that list Wussy ...... then youíve got my entry requirements
    MDCFC, what happened to drivers license, record of employment and references?🤣