Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions for a new member who won't talk

Quote Originally Posted by Bestajunior View Post
    Just a thought, They may have the chat feature turned off. When I played on an iohone4 I had mine off frequently because it took Have my game screen and the notification was space taking. Tiny screens those phones have! Also itís a holiday.
    Great info Bestajunior.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LavenderRay View Post
    Great info Bestajunior.
    well that's ok if the chat is off but I would think in joining a new hood you might want to at least say hi and find out what may be the required things from the leader before doing that . To just assume that you can do whatever is rude IMO .communication in a hood is what's makes a team.

Morgan, we all feel badly about booting a member, but itís your job as a leader to keep your hood strong. Your teammates respect that. I routinely ask my newbies why they left their last hood. The most common answer I get is that the leader wouldnít address errant players and they wanted a strong leader. Iíve learned to suppress those feelings bc I know it must be done. I learn a lot from my newbies by asking that question bc it helps me improve my skills as a leader. And you are absolutely correct, communication, especially in special derbies can make or break your win. You did the right thing!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by themammabear View Post
    Morgan, we all feel badly about booting a member, but itís your job as a leader to keep your hood strong. Your teammates respect that. I routinely ask my newbies why they left their last hood. The most common answer I get is that the leader wouldnít address errant players and they wanted a strong leader. Iíve learned to suppress those feelings bc I know it must be done. I learn a lot from my newbies by asking that question bc it helps me improve my skills as a leader. And you are absolutely correct, communication, especially in special derbies can make or break your win. You did the right thing!
    thanks,I was the only other person there so no one else to set the example to ,lol when I saw they were there I greeted them and tried to talk to them but never got any answer.waited 5 days then they were shown the door. To bad as players are hard to find. Did come in 14 th . Better than dead last .

It’s very frustrating and annoying when this happens. We learned not to accept new players in the few hours before the derby. Always ask them to say ‘hi’ and if they do we check they understand what type of hood we are and that they are happy doing max points tasks plus a 10th.

if they don’t speak we remove them before the start. May seem harsh but it’s a team game and if they don’t like our ‘rules’ there are plenty of hoods out there for them.
    Clover íGirls' 17 adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 85 please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnPan View Post
    Itís very frustrating and annoying when this happens. We learned not to accept new players in the few hours before the derby. Always ask them to say Ďhií and if they do we check they understand what type of hood we are and that they are happy doing max points tasks plus a 10th.

if they donít speak we remove them before the start. May seem harsh but itís a team game and if they donít like our Ďrulesí there are plenty of hoods out there for them.
    I made the mistake of leaving open the join as I was waiting for someone I know to join , they decided not to and I forgot to change it so ended up with this person who would not be part of the neighborhood. It is fixed now.
    Still waiting for Steve to come and do inspections at the door . 🐺

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I just had a new member join my hood for this weeks derby,but so far has not said anything nor offered to reply to a question.and no help offered to a request. Any ideas
    I completely understand. No one talks in my nh. I'm lvl83, play 3 yrs, dedicated but lonely in NH. Currently looking for a fun winning team play.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2derb View Post
    I completely understand. No one talks in my nh. I'm lvl83, play 3 yrs, dedicated but lonely in NH. Currently looking for a fun winning team play.
    I wonder why they do that, if they want to be alone why not start their own neighborhood? I've seen them out there .

There are many reasons for quiet hoods.

Some hoods are set to anyone can join and people just walk in or come and go as they please. Some are just happy farming as they wish without the structure of an organized hood.

not everyone feels the need to compete in the derby or even participate

some hoods are “no chat allowed” by design

there was even someone who was looking for the hood they lost and did not know the name of the hood
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    There are many reasons for quiet hoods.

Some hoods are set to anyone can join and people just walk in or come and go as they please. Some are just happy farming as they wish without the structure of an organized hood.

not everyone feels the need to compete in the derby or even participate

some hoods are ďno chat allowedĒ by design

there was even someone who was looking for the hood they lost and did not know the name of the hood
    I saw the person looking for their former hood , sure hope they find it. But to join a hood as I saw posted by another who commented on it , that's why I wonder they join then don't say anything, a greeting is nice to let the others know and to maybe acknowledge any requirements or rules the team leader may wish to pass along. Don't recall if they joined in the derby or just the neighborhood.
    You don't walk past someone who says hi to you while out and about do you? Just saying.