Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Co.s awarding bonus medals... no, no, no!

Angry Co.s awarding bonus medals... no, no, no!

I'm sorry, but I must have a moan about this. I totally manage my clan league. I keep track of everyone's performance. I switch people in and out as the week progresses. I fill up most of the castles. I run the whole thing. Then when it's all over I find that the bonus medals have been given out willy nilly by one of my Co.s who doesn't know what he's doing. Plus I have no record of how he distributed the medals. I know I can demote him, but that's not really the point. I know I should only promote players I totally trust, but life is not that straightforward, plus it's not really his fault, it's mine for not realising that Co.s can do this. I believe that only leaders should be able to distribute something as important as bonus medals.

So in the future, to be certain, I will have to demote all my Co.s just before the league ends and then reinstate them after I have distributed the medals.

This is not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimdom View Post
    I believe that only leaders should be able to distribute something as important as bonus medals.
    what do you think will clans do if their leader is offline for some weeks around cwl?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimdom View Post

So in the future, to be certain, I will have to demote all my Co.s just before the league ends and then reinstate them after I have distributed the medals.

This is not ideal.
    Suggest you first make your expectations clear to your CO's that you and only you will distribute the medals from CWL. Then if there is an error you may take whatever action you deem necessary. Also - a little delegation is always helpful and can build confidence and trust in your leadership team.
    Dogmatix | TH12 - The Final Frontier |

Pro Member
    Instead of micro managing communicate first

Have you considered incorporating a leader chat so that everyone's on the same page? In my clan we use Hangouts. Many others use a discord server.

Could be another argument for a leadership only chat tab.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

If not for co leaders being able to give them out then no one in my clan would have gotten any.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Could be another argument for a leadership only chat tab.
    This would be nice

As seems to happen often here, you are trying to make a clan management issue the problem of Supercell.

Kudos for you to arrange and track everything, but it seems you do not need coleaders. They either help you lead, or are useless and should be kept elder. If a dipstick thinks he needs to distribute medals without consulting his leader, he should not be coleader in the first place.

valuable lesson, but as said not a game issue but a clan leadership issue.

This happened in our clan the very first CWL by accident. Co thought he was giving away his medals. It was all new and he didn't understand how it works. Since then, at the suggestion of a newer Co, Lead has demoted all other Co's every war. I find it demoralizing. We are not unintelligent children. We are all aware of how it works. I have been in the clan for over 5 years, going on 6. When the Lead needed to focus on his upcoming nuptials and new marriage, I took over Lead for more than a year and happily reinstated him when he was ready. I have given 2341 war stars, 618,670 troop, 12,309 spells, filled thousands of war cc's, thousands of hours of time and dedication. Then... to be treated as if you are not trustworthy.

I would suggest you just insure clear communication with your Co's and if you don't trust them then they really should not be a Co. Celebrate those who care for your clan. Don't demoralize then over a few medals.
    I'm just Lel #YU8YPL2Y.... Th 12... WOW! BK/AQ/GW 62/63/35....Warrior 2619 war stars standing COC