Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Match-Fixing in Clan War Leagues

  1. #21
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePeskyDingo View Post
    Not so simple actually.... People would get around this by simply swapping out players.
    Then don't allow swaps either

    However, if you are swapping out players then your best players are not getting the medals. I doubt that the clan would like that much.
    Last edited by Luitjens; December 21st, 2018 at 04:25 PM.

  2. #22
    Millennial Club iGroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Yes collusion exists, always has, always will. Before CWL, collusion groups existed, and do exist today, existing for the sole purpose of predeciding war outcomes. And no, these groups are not isolated to just one country nor culture, they are global. Simply put, SC cannot control factors outside the game, including contact between people.

    Only thing I have seen suggested to date to possibly prevent, or at least curtail, CWL collisions (acknowledgement to 2222 for this idea): Blind CWL Matchups - All clans within group outside your own clan are generically identified (Clan A, Clan B, etc.), same for the players within the clan (Player A, Player B, etc.). Only after all 7 rounds are completed are the true clan names revealed.

    To collude, or even spy, on someone, you need to know who they are and how to contact them first. Simply take that indentification away.
    Omg. That is legitimately perfect. Why is this not in suggestions yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I would love to see space unicorns and cosmic cats
    Click Here for Unicorns

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by tanay999 View Post
    I wonder how can someone fix a match in coc is that even possible? If yes I'm not angry or upset I'm just shocked to know ppl have such creativity to compromise super cell match making system 
    Easy. I go to your clan and ask if you want to both get perfect 45 score with easy farming troops.


    Quote Originally Posted by MenionLeah View Post
    If they fixed a match 45:45 I think they probably lost +10 stars for a victory(not sure though, can someone confirm this?). So it is like they won a war with 35 stars. Anyhow, SC should review that war and punish this kind of behaviour.
    Yes, they both got 45. To do better than that one of them would have had to get 35 stars plus the win and that means the other one still does worse. This guarantees them both 45.

    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    The spying part of what you said, made me think, they could just leave their clans to anyone can join and visit each other. Even without names, they could figure it out. Then close the clan before many others notice.

    They could set a time to open their clans, not at the beginning of CWL. People would be very unlikely to notice that.

    I think we just have to accept it will happen and hope that SC's built in delays to prevent collusion work most of the time.
    Without clan games, level, clan description, player names, tags, etc. it would be very difficult to figure out who the other clans are 99% of the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    what are the odds that they were actually able to get in the same CWL?

    seems unlikely to me
    You are assuming they knew each other prior to the match. That can happen, but definitely isn’t needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by iGroot View Post
    Omg. That is legitimately perfect. Why is this not in suggestions yet?
    Because when I suggested it most players responded that the problem wasn’t big enough to be worth taking away the fun of actually knowing who the other clans are, clan level, players, location, etc. For me, personally, I wouldn’t have less fun not knowing their real names, but others do find that part interesting. It would be worth it to me to reduce or eliminate collusion and spying.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

  4. #24
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post

    Will it actually affect the outcome of the standings when it comes to promotion/demotion? If not, then does it really matter?

    .
    Fortunately I don't think it will allow either clan to advance, but one of them was propelled to 3rd place from like 5th or something. The other clan has been bottom two throughout the CWL. It's a matter of principle though, their conduct is unsportsmanlike and I hope that something could be done about it.

  5. #25
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MenionLeah View Post
    If they fixed a match 45:45 I think they probably lost +10 stars for a victory(not sure though, can someone confirm this?). So it is like they won a war with 35 stars. Anyhow, SC should review that war and punish this kind of behaviour.
    The war result was 43-45 actually, so one of the clans was given the "won the war" bonus which helped them advance to 3rd place after the war was over. The other clan fortunately is still stuck in 7th place, but it certainly has helped them get closer to 6th place.

  6. #26
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    759
    Unfortunately I dont think what has happened would be stopped and or addressed for that matter. If Supercell didnt want things of this nature to happen then FWA wouldn't be a thing, but it is.
    Last edited by DJluv2013; December 21st, 2018 at 05:57 PM.

  7. #27
    Forum Superstar PaluEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I forgot...
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    Unfortunately I dont think what has happened would be stopped and or addressed for that matter. If Supercell didnt want things of this nature to happen then FWA farm war leagues wouldn't be a thing, but it is.
    Just to correct: FWA clans currently are completely skipping CWLs, there are other farm war leagues, for example those located in Vatican City.

    PS: I am not part of, affiliated or representing FWA, or any other farm war leagues.

  8. #28
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Just to correct: FWA clans currently are completely skipping CWLs, there are other farm war leagues, for example those located in Vatican City.
    I didnt say fwa was participating in cwl, i said that if supercell had an issue with things like that then fwa would have never been a thing to begin with.

    And I'm well aware what fwa stands for.
    Last edited by DJluv2013; December 21st, 2018 at 06:19 PM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Yes collusion exists, always has, always will. Before CWL, collusion groups existed, and do exist today, existing for the sole purpose of predeciding war outcomes. And no, these groups are not isolated to just one country nor culture, they are global. Simply put, SC cannot control factors outside the game, including contact between people.

    Only thing I have seen suggested to date to possibly prevent, or at least curtail, CWL collisions (acknowledgement to 2222 for this idea): Blind CWL Matchups - All clans within group outside your own clan are generically identified (Clan A, Clan B, etc.), same for the players within the clan (Player A, Player B, etc.). Only after all 7 rounds are completed are the true clan names revealed.

    To collude, or even spy, on someone, you need to know who they are and how to contact them first. Simply take that indentification away.
    Wow what a superb idea. Absolutely brilliant and solves the problem. Only if it was listened. They hide layouts or scouting. Might as well don't give names. Give star status n ranking.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    214
    Screen shots or it didnít happen.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •