Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Match-Fixing in Clan War Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Yes collusion exists, always has, always will. Before CWL, collusion groups existed, and do exist today, existing for the sole purpose of predeciding war outcomes. And no, these groups are not isolated to just one country nor culture, they are global. Simply put, SC cannot control factors outside the game, including contact between people.

Only thing I have seen suggested to date to possibly prevent, or at least curtail, CWL collisions (acknowledgement to 2222 for this idea): Blind CWL Matchups - All clans within group outside your own clan are generically identified (Clan A, Clan B, etc.), same for the players within the clan (Player A, Player B, etc.). Only after all 7 rounds are completed are the true clan names revealed.

To collude, or even spy, on someone, you need to know who they are and how to contact them first. Simply take that indentification away.
    The spying part of what you said, made me think, they could just leave their clans to anyone can join and visit each other. Even without names, they could figure it out. Then close the clan before many others notice.

They could set a time to open their clans, not at the beginning of CWL. People would be very unlikely to notice that.

I think we just have to accept it will happen and hope that SC's built in delays to prevent collusion work most of the time.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

It's annoying for sure, and I wish it didn't happen. They will get a handful of more medals than normal.

Will it actually affect the outcome of the standings when it comes to promotion/demotion? If not, then does it really matter?

In our current league, 3rd place is 50 stars below us, and first place is 16 stars above us. I think the overall ranking in our league is set in stone and the two strongest teams will get promoted regardless, but I'm hoping we can beat #1 today to go 7-0 for the season.
    TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 50/52/30 TH10: 30/30
    Main #LL2JCQ0C

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There is no pint reporting here, other than as a general discussion point, as noboy on the forums has any power to access game files, and cannot do anything about it.

The only place a report might have any effect would be to report it to in game support.
    Speaking of pints... have you had a couple Ajax?

Some drunken looking spelling errors in there ahahaha
    Clan: Legless Monkeys
    Secondary Clan: Toilet Clashers
    Heroes: 60/65/36
    276/300 electric walls

Forum Veteran
    As to the topic at hand - we had 2 clans do this in season 1 of the CWL. Both clans failed to advance as they didn't play particularly well the rest of the days. That being said, if they DID happen to move up, it's unlikely that they match in the same group a 2nd consecutive season and would likely lose and be demoted if they don't belong in the higher league.

Super Cell has stated that they fill multiple groups at the same time when clans are searching, so if two clans search at the same time they aren't necessarily going to be grouped together. (don't ask me where, I'm not going to go look lol).
    276/300 electric walls

Banned
    I think it would help if placement was based on wins first, not total stars.

Quote Originally Posted by ClasherYukon View Post
    In season 2 for us, there was a 4-way or 5-way tie where the clans went 5-2 for the season, and it was decided by stars. I think stars is fine.
    TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 50/52/30 TH10: 30/30
    Main #LL2JCQ0C

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ClasherYukon View Post
    In season 1 my secondary clan went 7-0 and took 3rd. Turns out we probably belong in Master 3, not Master 2. Season 2 and 3 we've ended up right in the rank 3-5 range and feel pretty competitive, even if we are outmatched at the TH12 level by 6 or 7.
    276/300 electric walls

Centennial Club
    what are the odds that they were actually able to get in the same CWL?

seems unlikely to me

Centennial Club
    Simple fix for this would be don't let people change their base. The base is the same across the entire CWL week. Also don't let CC change. You fill the CC for the first match and that carries throughout the week.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Luitjens View Post
    Simple fix for this would be don't let people change their base. The base is the same across the entire CWL week. Also don't let CC change. You fill the CC for the first match and that carries throughout the week.
    Not so simple actually.... People would get around this by simply swapping out players.
    276/300 electric walls