Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boats,boats,and boats??

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    We had 9 farms opted in this week. Each person need 2700 points to achieve the last threshold. So we only trashed the one we really didn’t want to do, but saw at least every task that was mentioned. We trashed 220 tasks. That’s it. Far less than a normal week. We are in 4th place at the moment and could make it to 3rd place if everyone was so inclined to do a 10th task.

Yes, we had our share of boats but even the 320 point tasks only required 2 boats. So we really saved on the diamonds this week. I used less than 30 diamonds for this derby. I waited out most of the boats.

Some of us had certain production items started but not fully prepped. We finished up this morning. I don’t think any of us felt the stress and frustration many here have expressed.
    I guess that’s the difference between derbying competitively or for horseshoes, or large hood (20+ opted in) vs small hood (<10 opted in). Those of us who like to play competitively have always been able to do so and still enjoy it. Now it seems that the squeeze for diamonds is on and us competitive players are being hit hardest by derby’s that just seem to be designed to suck the fun out of playing.

In addition to the frustrations over the derby, I’ve just been told that my highest level player (200+) is giving up on the game because infection with the L bot simply stops her upgrading and the game is no longer fun for her. Sad times for Hayday!
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

I agree Steve, there is a big difference playing in large vs small and competitive vs casual. However, I will say that our decision to play more casual, unless there is a special prize for top 3, has not only kept our core playing, but we have added players to our hood BECAUSE we play casual.

Our players, work their farm as they see fit. No stacking every machine and not being able to do the things that earn them not only XP but EMs that are needed to expand. They play when it is convenient for them at their own pace.

Often times we place top 3 even though that isn’t the goal. And I’ve been known to stay up till the wee hours before the derby ends (3am, for me) to get a 10th task in to go from 5th place to 3rd. So there is still competition and strategy, just different than expecting and waiting for certain tasks at max points.

IMO, the derby was never meant to be as competitive as some players and NH’s have decided to play. It was a way to earn prizes by doing tasks that a player would do by farming normally.
    Last edited by Momscar; December 23rd, 2018 at 03:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    I agree Steve, there is a big difference playing in large vs small and competitive vs casual. However, I will say that our decision to play more casual, unless there is a special prize for top 3, has not only kept our core playing, but we have added players to our hood BECAUSE we play casual.

Our players, work their farm as they see fit. No stacking every machine and not being able to do the things that earn them not only XP but EMs that are needed to expand. They play when it is convenient for them at their own pace.

Often times we place top 3 even though that isn’t the goal. And I’ve been known to stay up till the wee hours before the derby ends (3am, for me) to get a 10th task in to go from 5th place to 3rd. So there is still competition and strategy, just different than expecting and waiting for certain tasks at max points.

IMO, the derby was never meant to be as competitive as some players and NH’s have decided to play. It was a way to earn prizes by doing tasks that a player would do by farming normally.
    I think your opinion on what the derby was meant to be is coloured by your relative lack of competitive instinct, just as mine is coloured by my absolute need for it The beauty of the derby is that people are able to play it in a way that suits their own ambition, desires, sociability or competitiveness - it’s just a question of finding kindred souls who want the same as you in a hood. If SC hadn’t intended the derby to be played competitively by those with that nature, why would they have had a global leaderboard? Competition is of course also a great imperative for diamond use by a lot of players, so SC bottom line improves as a result.
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    I think your opinion on what the derby was meant to be is coloured by your relative lack of competitive instinct, just as mine is coloured by my absolute need for it The beauty of the derby is that people are able to play it in a way that suits their own ambition, desires, sociability or competitiveness - it’s just a question of finding kindred souls who want the same as you in a hood. If SC hadn’t intended the derby to be played competitively by those with that nature, why would they have had a global leaderboard? Competition is of course also a great imperative for diamond use by a lot of players, so SC bottom line improves as a result.
    Yes ,Steve you are right. I like to try to win or at least in the top 3 ,but ever since I had playing hayday and was invited into a neighborhood, I have noticed how the push for spending diamonds has grown . It has gotten more so these last few months and even with stacking I have not been in the top 3 . Task drops are not of help so there you have it .
    And I myself have been competitive since I was in school , being in the area where I had the chance to have livestock,I have been involved in a great organization called FFA , then showing model horses . Lots of people in that even like this game lots of older people. And tons of fun .

Centennial Club
    Steve, did your top player contact supercell ? I had the P bot that was driving me crazy.

Contacted supercell, sell all barn silo items at top price, and have never seen it again.