Thread: Regular war search during Clan War League

Regular war search during Clan War League

Since my clan can barely get 10 people to participate in regular wars, I did not opt us into the CWL this time around. We typically do 10 person wars so I thought there would be other similar clans that would do the same. However, my current war search is going on 21 hours (usually takes 10-45 minutes), so I'm thinking we are the only clan that isn't participating in CWL. My clan has 10 hardcore people that love war, but when I try to put in an additional 5 that say they want to war it becomes a disaster with missed attacks and people that can't even 3 star the TH level below them. So my question is, should we even try doing regular clan wars during the CWL as there will probably never be a match, or should I just suck it up and opt us into the inevitable 7 day train wreck?

Sure it will be hard to find matchup during this period as most of the clan are participating in CWL. So better opt in for CWL next time and enjoy great reward I.e. hammers and 2x war bonus.

A better way to look at it, you opt in and war as usual for 7 days straight (don't even fill the CCs or partially fill them). Get 2 stars or more every war and use the medals you get to accelerate your base quicker than if you had not participated in war. You are guaranteed to get 1 or 2 bonuses that can be handed out.
    TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 50/52/30 TH10: 30/30
    Main #LL2JCQ0C

Forum Superstar
    even if lost, it's worth participating in CWL for a clan

Quote Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
    Since my clan can barely get 10 people to participate in regular wars, I did not opt us into the CWL this time around. We typically do 10 person wars so I thought there would be other similar clans that would do the same. However, my current war search is going on 21 hours (usually takes 10-45 minutes), so I'm thinking we are the only clan that isn't participating in CWL. My clan has 10 hardcore people that love war, but when I try to put in an additional 5 that say they want to war it becomes a disaster with missed attacks and people that can't even 3 star the TH level below them. So my question is, should we even try doing regular clan wars during the CWL as there will probably never be a match, or should I just suck it up and opt us into the inevitable 7 day train wreck?
    Last CWL we had a 3rd clan with a mix of random accounts th6-12, 4 were inactives, got seeded in gold 2, came in 3rd, most everyone earned around 200 or so medals, so yes it is worth it.

10 active accounts dipping down and clearing the bottom 10 for 30 stars, is the same as a clan 2 staring every base, might work out in your favour.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Pro Member
    Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    War search will definitely take longer during CWL as there are fewr clans only doing normal wars.

Why don't you try it next time and see how it works for you, particularly if the 10 you have really enjoy war. You can always decide after you have tried it out. We are a clan who enjoys war, but are not that good at it. We have still done quite well in CWL and got some good rewards. Have a go next month, but if not bring a comfortable chair and be patient while looking for a match in war, I'm sure you will find something eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by BWBX View Post
    War search will definitely take longer during CWL as there are fewr clans only doing normal wars.

Why don't you try it next time and see how it works for you, particularly if the 10 you have really enjoy war. You can always decide after you have tried it out. We are a clan who enjoys war, but are not that good at it. We have still done quite well in CWL and got some good rewards. Have a go next month, but if not bring a comfortable chair and be patient while looking for a match in war, I'm sure you will find something eventually...
    Yeah we had participated in each CWL from day one until this one, and it has been an awful experience. I messed up by opting in the entire clan because it appeared everyone in the clan would receive rewards, not just for every win. (I'm not happy with how the information for CWL was rolled out, but that's for another post I guess). Of the 15 TH12s we have, only 4-5 actually war regularly, so I had to put in sevaral TH10s-TH8s. Of course we got put in Masters I matched up vs all TH12s and got obliterated. I figured fine, we will just take our lumps until we eventually get put into an appropriate league. But last CWL was maddening with all of the missed attacks so I figured it just wasn't for us since we can't get 15 to war.

Anyways, I appreciate everyone's responses. It looks like I need to just bite the bullet and opt into the CWL since it appears we are never going to get matched up for a regular war (going on 24 hrs now).

Quote Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
    Yeah we had participated in each CWL from day one until this one, and it has been an awful experience. I messed up by opting in the entire clan because it appeared everyone in the clan would receive rewards, not just for every win. (I'm not happy with how the information for CWL was rolled out, but that's for another post I guess). Of the 15 TH12s we have, only 4-5 actually war regularly, so I had to put in sevaral TH10s-TH8s. Of course we got put in Masters I matched up vs all TH12s and got obliterated. I figured fine, we will just take our lumps until we eventually get put into an appropriate league. But last CWL was maddening with all of the missed attacks so I figured it just wasn't for us since we can't get 15 to war.

Anyways, I appreciate everyone's responses. It looks like I need to just bite the bullet and opt into the CWL since it appears we are never going to get matched up for a regular war (going on 24 hrs now).
    Just go for the medals and not the war wins until you reach a good level. The medals are truly awesome.