Thread: Understanding different points needed in different NH

New Bloke/Chick

Understanding different points needed in different NH

Ok Iím confused. I was in a NH with 3 derby players and I could get lots of derby horseshoes since the flags were low. New NH with tons of players has much higher flag numbers. I gather that the more players in derby means you have to collect more points for each flag. If that is correct and you want a nh with lower flag numbers you need a nh with fewer player in derby-am I right about this?

Number of players donít matter much. Itís about how many points each player puts on the board. Right now that average is around 2500 per player per derby. So In a 3 player NB the last shoe would be around 7500. In a 10 person NB the last shoe would be around 25000. So if you are playing to get all shoes everyone needs to put at least 2500 points on the board whether it be 3 players or 30 players. So it depends on if you like playing with more people or you can trust just a few to uphold their end. Pick a NB that says all tasks must be completed every week. Thatís how I set mine up...and if tasks arenít completed I boot them. We play for all shoes AND top 3.

Some things have changed. In this recent Bingo derby our 4 person hood had to do 9 tasks each at 320 to get last (9th) horseshoe. Because one of my tasks was lower than 320 I spent the diamonds for a 10th task to make up for being 45 points short of the final column. my team mates did all 320 tasks.

so we’ll have to see going forward what the readjustments are. Divide the last threshold points needed by number of players opted in to get average points needed per player or just go for all 320’s.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumperjing3 View Post
    Number of players donít matter much. Itís about how many points each player puts on the board. Right now that average is around 2500 per player per derby. So In a 3 player NB the last shoe would be around 7500. In a 10 person NB the last shoe would be around 25000. So if you are playing to get all shoes everyone needs to put at least 2500 points on the board whether it be 3 players or 30 players. So it depends on if you like playing with more people or you can trust just a few to uphold their end. Pick a NB that says all tasks must be completed every week. Thatís how I set mine up...and if tasks arenít completed I boot them. We play for all shoes AND top 3.
    What I'm looking for is a NH where the first derby horseshoe require 500 etc point, not 1500 or more. I'm more interested in getting horsehoes than trophies, so not sure what is the best approach to finding nh that has that feature. Not sure if I am making any sense here or not.

The new threshold amounts were recently adjusted in the update. Since there has only been one derby, I’m not sure if anyone has a good grasp of what the threshold amounts are for different size of players opted-in.

To find a neighborhood, you may want to look in the ‘recruiting’ subforum. https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...od-Recruitment
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by poolside15 View Post
    What I'm looking for is a NH where the first derby horseshoe require 500 etc point, not 1500 or more. I'm more interested in getting horsehoes than trophies, so not sure what is the best approach to finding nh that has that feature. Not sure if I am making any sense here or not.
    Going that low would likely put you in a solo hood by yourself.

But as mentioned, we need a derby or two to get a handle on what the adjustments were. Momscar provided a great link to help you find an NH that fits your preferred playing style so you won’t have to go it alone.

Am I right in saying it is now possible to get all horseshoes as a solo player, I've been doing 4 farms just to get all the rewards, can I opt them out and go it alone now?

Last derby, for solo player, 8th column and 9th column were reachable with extra task, and all tasks at 320 points.

Itís a major improvement, to be able to reach 7 horseshoes instead of 4, with 9 tasks.
    Last edited by Morrighan; December 18th, 2018 at 01:20 AM.
    kik: morgaine25

Farm 228 / Town 69

New Bloke/Chick
    So am I correct in assuming that the lower the number of opt in players, the lower the horse shoe thresholds

It has always been like that.
    The update balanced the thresholds a bit, increasing the points for larger hoods, making more thresholds available for 1-3 players hoods.
    For 25 opted in, 9th horseshoe was at about 65000 (I don’t remember the exact number), before the update would’ve been at 30000 points or lower.
    For larger hoods looking for horseshoes only, before the update was “do 5 tasks to get 9 horseshoes”, for solo hoods was “do 9 tasks to get 4 horseshoes”. Not anymore. Improvement.
    kik: morgaine25

Farm 228 / Town 69