Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [ 1 & only ] CWL match up thread

Pro Member
    I'm not a pie you eat, I'm the pie that eats you. Nomnomnomnom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    From all the evidence, most clans are, yes.

Nor do I, but you are the one suggesting they may.

There most certainly does not need to be something which would destroy the whole philosophy of CWL.

CWL is entirely performance based after initial placement, and that is as a league system should be.
    I still fail to see how this is any fun.
    1) I sometimes bring 30 wall breakers to my raids, no lie. Half the walls in the base are destroyed, all it takes is one, maybe 2 rages. Maybe they need a nerf instead of <insert troop here>?

2) “A picture is worth a thousand words.” A replay of an attack is worth a lot more.

And your main assumption is one that nobody who has read many if his posts would ever dream of making about Noctaire.
    Ajax, I think that there is a problem in the cwl reward system, Noctaire thinks there is no problem and cwl is just fine. I said it with few words , he said it with much more words.This doesn't mean that i didn't read it, but i think that he turned 1 sentence into 20.But ok, i respect his opinion. But i really don't understand what you are trying to say.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Misho12 View Post
    Ajax, I think that there is a problem in the cwl reward system, Noctaire thinks there is no problem and cwl is just fine. I said it with few words , he said it with much more words.This doesn't mean that i didn't read it, but i think that he turned 1 sentence into 20.But ok, i respect his opinion. But i really don't understand what you are trying to say.
    I am saying that you are arguing against things he hasn't said - which shows you haven't fully read his posts.

As was also indicated by your response to his "wall of text".

He has never said there is no problem with the reward system. He has in fact stated on more than one occasion that he thinks there should be penalties for "tanking", and better rewards for those who do well.

The post you responded to didn't state that, but then there was nothing about the reward system in that post, it was about mismatches and the perception of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #194
    Quote Originally Posted by FearElemental View Post
    I still fail to see how this is any fun.
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.

What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

Millennial Club
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.

What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.
    That's right. If players don't enjoy the product, they should stop playing it. That's the best advice.

Quote Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
    It only takes 2 clans sandbagging to stop a fair play clan from being demoted.

In the November CWL, 2 clans with more th12s than mine sandbagged to end up in the bottom 2. They 1 starred my clan with a mix of TH10-TH12s.

Can you ask the developers to demote a clan that has been in 5th and 6th place for 2 consecutive CWL seasons? It's mostly likely that clan will be overmatched in their 3rd season also and not be able to drop again.

Can they stop league demotions, if the entire lineup changes? Only allow for demotion, if 80% of clan was in previous season and current season.

Thank you.
    I really don’t see how this “losing intentionally” mentality is effective or worth it. You are giving up potential stars this war so you can earn more the next. Isn’t the end result just a wash? All those “1stars” they got on your clan was them just wasting potential medals. Seems like just trying as hard as you can all the time is more effective.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushThreepwood View Post
    I really don’t see how this “losing intentionally” mentality is effective or worth it. You are giving up potential stars this war so you can earn more the next. Isn’t the end result just a wash? All those “1stars” they got on your clan was them just wasting potential medals. Seems like just trying as hard as you can all the time is more effective.
    It's pretty crazy.

Here is a clan that is half TH12 and half TH 11. They laid like a dead fish in Crystal II. In Crystal III, they demolished everybody with some perfect 45 star wars mixed in with 40 star wars. They belong in Masters II not Crystal II.

Last edited by move4ward; December 16th, 2018 at 11:05 PM.

Obviously since league just started and there are this many posts it’s a problem. What bothered me was supercell said after a couple of rounds it would even out but that’s not even close. What I see are clans putting in 35 members with 10-12 lower level bases as supercell says matchups are based on what you initially put in league wars. But then for war they are choosing the top 15 which are all th12 and th11 with maxxed troops going against another clan with several th8s and th9s. No sense in the bottom guys even making an attack as they can’t even star unless a th is sitting outside. So obviously guys have again figured a way to beat supercell and their system. 😂

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Pianodave View Post
    Obviously since league just started and there are this many posts it’s a problem.
    There are surprisingly few posts actually. If it was a problem for most, I would have expected hundreds of new posts, not just a few tens of such posts.

What bothered me was supercell said after a couple of rounds it would even out but that’s not even close.
    They never said anything about "a couple of rounds". They said over the first few rounds.

What I see are clans putting in 35 members with 10-12 lower level bases as supercell says matchups are based on what you initially put in league wars.
    Matchups are based entirely on what tier you are in. Initial placement in a tier was based on the strongest 15 you had in the roster for the first CWL your clan took part in.

But then for war they are choosing the top 15 which are all th12 and th11 with maxxed troops going against another clan with several th8s and th9s. No sense in the bottom guys even making an attack as they can’t even star unless a th is sitting outside. So obviously guys have again figured a way to beat supercell and their system. ��
    No. They have figured out a way to get themselves significantly fewer stars than they should have. They really aren't beating the system, even though they may believe they are.
    My stats (main account)

Ajax - thanks for the kind defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Misho12 View Post
    Misho - I am speaking with greater detail because there is MUCH more to CWL than where you are focused. I do not necessarily see the rewards system as being problematic or broken; it works well as designed and those who use it properly will benefit handsomely. I do, however, feel that the rewards system associated with CWL could be improved by adding a tanking penalty and some kind of reward incentive for higher level play.

I think it was 2222 who, in another thread, talked about a league bonus of some kind that is rewarded as you go higher up in the tiers. His idea was to eliminate the win bonus altogether; I prefer a slightly less radical approach of perhaps reducing the win bonus and/or star bonus, then giving a tier bonus. Something that would be just enough to make it a nice addition, but not too strong of a reward for those who do not participate actively in the campaign. I also advocate for making war win bonuses only available to those who fought in the war rather than the whole clan. These changes would make it far less profitable for clans to farm low as most would no longer receive their “participation trophies” for simply enrolling. It would further increase the number of lower level players who form up their own clan for CWLs, creating a whole new population of clans to compete at lower levels of CWL, consisting primarily of TH7-TH9, effectively dividing the CWL into much more competitive leagues.

Then there’s the matter of placement bonuses/tiering where something like 6th place in one tier yields more in rewards multipliers than 3rd in the tier below. I think something like that might work well to curb tanking also.

Someone with actual data available to them would need to crunch the numbers for proof-of-concept, of course. On the surface, these ideas sound like solid improvements that might prevent the majority of clans from simply farming medals in lower leagues and improve the experience for everyone. I’ve suggested them several times now, as have others. Again though - these are IMPROVEMENTS, not FIXES.
    Last edited by Noctaire; December 16th, 2018 at 11:39 PM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.