Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Neighbor requesting items to then sell

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything

Neighbor requesting items to then sell

Is it rude of me to tell the person to stop requesting things to then go sell? I have someone in my neighborhood that Iíve kept an eye on because I noticed they request stuff then immediately sell that item in their shop right after. I just think itís rude, someone is trying to help you in your game yet you just take advantage of them. Any thoughts of this guys? Iím the leader in the group and have kindly let them know to stop doing this.. maybe itís what a lot of people do though?? I just want someone elseís opinion on this?

Centennial Club
    It does seem something to discuss.

At higher levels (mainly, past 100) coins become less of a concern; and rich neighbors may work to add to their poor neighbors wealth. An easy way to pass coins is for a rich neighbor to buy some junk in the paper (chili popcorn and wheat bundles work relatively well) and put 10 junk up for 1 coin, which the poor neighbor buys and then sells back to the rich neighbor at max price. This can also be done with nice stuff like blankets, rings, or expansion items; however, that has the risk of a non-neighbor seeing a deal and buying the stuff, so I try to avoid that. If you suspect they're merely low on coins, and you can afford it, you might suggest this alternative.

If you can't afford to be such a sweet Pop, I'd let the other player know. (I'm currently low-ish on coins myself, having just recently further expanded my daftly massive carpet of Ice Plants because Reasons.) If they seem disinclined to accept that, you may want to gently convey that you're disinclined to keep them on as a neighbor. You might also want to stop selling them items at base price or low price; selling all items at max price will discourage this somewhat by removing the chance for short-term profits. Alternately, limit their reduced-price purchasing to wheat. (If someone wants to resell my cheap wheat at max price, I don't care. I've better use for the roadside-stand-box*time than eking out the last couple coins from fast crops.)

However, it may be that they are merely trying to make their stall "interesting" by having a "better" class of goods for sale, in hopes of attracting "better" followers who themselves have more exciting things in their stalls (like expansion hardware). If that's all it is, I'd be inclined to suggest that my farm is not their "baby" farm, that they can start a "baby" farm if they're determined to have one, and that if they insist on trying to use my farm as a "baby" farm that I (as leader) am inclined to insist that they find a new neighborhood.
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Lvl 160ish Barn 5000ish Silo 5000ish
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

The person sounds very selfish and not a team player working for the whole but for themselves.

I would stop it straight away, rapidly it will cause resentment in your NH.

If they continue ignoring your polite prompts i would I would give them an ultimatum, either stop or find another NH
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 131, Town Level 43, 135 / 141 Achievements

Clash of Clans - Fat Kitty Stars - Fatfinger TH7 - Leader

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    I’m just curious if they’re buying the items at max price or 1 coin? I’ve had friends who bought my items at max price then turned around and re-sold in their RSS at max price and it was puzzling. I’m guessing it was to make their RSS look attractive. This was some time back, as in a few years ago but I thought of it reading this thread.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to ClashOfHolmes for my cool banner

Bakunin doesn't feed his HD animals

IMHO it is absolutely unacceptable for one person to take advantage of other hoodies generosity for their own personal gain. If it was made known prior to the donation that this was how it was going to be used, then the donor has a choice. I think itís generally assumed that one needs those donations to fill orders. Maybe Iím wrong.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    In my early HD years, I had followers who would request specific things, BUT we had an understanding back then that if we needed those items for other friends or our nh, we would state so. This way, we all knew if the items were needed for the requestor, or someone they were trying to help (i.e. "Have 2 bolts for a friend?")

GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard

ďI love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.Ē ― Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by iloveHOHOHOday View Post
    I’m just curious if they’re buying the items at max price or 1 coin? I’ve had friends who bought my items at max price then turned around and re-sold in their RSS at max price and it was puzzling. I’m guessing it was to make their RSS look attractive. This was some time back, as in a few years ago but I thought of it reading this thread.
    No they are just requesting items in the neighborhood like for the donations and then selling these items in their shop and they donít let us know that they need coins or anything for help. Which was bugging me, I donít mind helping people I just wish they would of asked ya know? But yeah I told them to stop doing it so they literally did it again right after I asked them to stop and then I told them again to please stop doing that and they left the neighborhood so worked out for me cause I hate kicking people out but was definitely going to kick them out.

Quote Originally Posted by themammabear View Post
    IMHO it is absolutely unacceptable for one person to take advantage of other hoodies generosity for their own personal gain. If it was made known prior to the donation that this was how it was going to be used, then the donor has a choice. I think itís generally assumed that one needs those donations to fill orders. Maybe Iím wrong.
    Yeah I feel the same way, whenever I request anything itís because I need the item to fill orders or Iím just super low on an item, I never just go and sell those items. I just think that would be rude cause people are donating those things for free and being nice! I just wish they would of stated ďI really am low on coinsĒ or something if thatís what the issue was just so people would at least know

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfinger View Post
    The person sounds very selfish and not a team player working for the whole but for themselves.

I would stop it straight away, rapidly it will cause resentment in your NH.

If they continue ignoring your polite prompts i would I would give them an ultimatum, either stop or find another NH
    Yeah they didnít like that I called them out and found out that I knew they were selling things they were requesting so they left the neighborhood! So worked out for me I didnít have to kick them out haha.

Thanks for this discussion. I do not think I did this but I have real life friends who I help but since we play differently we are not in the same neighborhood. I am so glad that if I try to find someone in my neighborhood to help that now I know the etiquette is to say can I have ___ for a friend.