Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Supercell ID] Sorry, I havenít connected yet...

Question [Supercell ID] Sorry, I havenít connected yet...

Being an active member here, I have been following the emergence of the Supercell ID (sc-id) from its infancy, and the mistakes/confused/conspiracy theories, through the scams and other ill-intended events, to now an achievement for connecting your base to this sc-id.

Even though I completed the now-defunct achievement to connect my base to my GC (GameCenter for iOS) account (same exists for Google’s Android), this is not visible anymore.

Major issue for me with sc-id, which far outweighs any advantage of sc-id as a single-base player: I can at any time, as many times as I want, change my email address connected to the GC/iTunes without interfering with Clash’s support; whereas it appears I would be limited to one-only change of email only with sc-id (based on support reports in the bug section of this forum).

I have used sc-id on some of my mini accounts (all are now giving freebees in low leagues ) without any issues in setting up, connecting, using... but for my main, almost 6-year old, base, sorry: I won’t take the chance . Email service providers aren’t eternal, and can drop like flies when (you know what) hits the fan.

Your opinion?
    Am I wrong, am I overcautious?
    Is there a chance that sc-id will ever allow unlimited email changes?

PS: in my 30 years of various online/server connections (starting with minitel in France-only in mid/late 80s) to now, my email (or equivalent) have changed so many times I cannot count anymore. And no, my email support provider attached to my GC isn’t a big box supplier, as they aren’t safer than the rest (think aol, myspace, ... all ‘too big’ to fail ; or think twice when using an ISP or workplace provider...).

PPS: I could have simply made a thread in IFR (likely wrong too anyway) on this subject to recommend wider/user allowance to change emails, but I do not think it would be same as posting this thread. This problem has been in the back of my mind since sc-id started. Meanwhile I changed twice my iTunes email, simply online, in the account setting: easy, peazy.

Forum Elder
    It’s optional, and really only beneficial if you are on iOS anyway.

Doesn't hurt to be overcautious. Better to be safe than sorry. My accounts are just linked to Google play and I don't plan to link them to SC ID because I'm still skeptical. If it costs my one time recovery to move to SC ID from Google play then no thanks.

I wouldn't want to lose all of my years of hard work in CoC in an instant due to a single e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Gxr900 View Post
    It’s optional, and really only beneficial if you are on iOS anyway.
    As noted in my post, there is now an achievement.
    Yes, it is optional, but the previous connection achievements to GC/G have been removed, replaced by sc-id.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Hi Palu,

I was resisting SC ID for as long as I possibly could thinking that I don't need one because I only ever played one village and didn't see the advantage. Now that I've got another village, and considering that I live in China, Google play is no longer an option taking in mind how active I am, how often I swap between the villages and how often I'd have to turn my VPN on.

So all in all, if you've got only one village, I don't see benefits, if you've got multiple and for example live in a country that doesn't support Google, then by all means.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; December 12th, 2018 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    As noted in my post, there is now an achievement.
    Yes, it is optional, but the previous connection achievements to GC/G have been removed, replaced by sc-id.
    Yea sucks that they removed the sign in to Google Play achievement. They are obviously trying to push everyone to go for SCID. Too bad SCID is only for SC games.

Ya I had mostly apple products and so scid was a life saver as I used to have about 5 devices... imagine the looks I would get at work in the break room with 2 phones an iPad and a tablet all running �� if I had android I would not mess with scid... but as mentioned, it’s totally worth it if you have apple. Well.,, and depending on number of accounts. If I only had 2 accounts, having a phone and tablet wouldn’t be bad. You are not really explained how your email address will impact your scid when you sign up either. That would be helpful to people if they knew this prior to registering. Luckily I did research before I signed up, and read someone’s advice to use your coc name and create new email addresses... well, according to my separate post recently, that has been a double edge sword haha. Maybe a quality of life feature in the future will be you can pick and or change your username for your scid, without it affecting your email you signed up with.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Hi Palu,

I was resisting SC ID for as long as I possibly could thinking that I don't need one because I only ever played one village and didn't see the advantage. Now that I've got another village, and considering that I live in China, Google play is no longer an option taking in mind how active I am, how often I swap between the villages and how often I'd have to turn my VPN on.

So all in all, if you've got only one village, I don't see benefits, if you've got multiple and for example live in a country that doesn't support Google, then by all means.
    Hey Edy,
    (always ahead of me in Games achievement stats )
    I totally understand your point. As a single base, with the new achievement replacing the old ones, I am in a dilemma, and hence my post: will GC/G at some point be abandoned, forced to sc-id. I will then change, but will for sure think many times which provider i’ll use for that email. I aggregate my emails into few inboxes, but some of my older providers stopped supporting (yes, this occurs more often than obvious), and don’t want to be stuck with one email that may not be able to access.
    Seems obsolete, in this day & age, to limit and restrict that feature...

Quote Originally Posted by KuKurokishi View Post
    Yea sucks that they removed the sign in to Google Play achievement. They are obviously trying to push everyone to go for SCID. Too bad SCID is only for SC games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash8675 View Post
    Ya I had mostly apple products and so scid was a life saver as I used to have about 5 devices... imagine the looks I would get at work in the break room with 2 phones an iPad and a tablet all running �� if I had android I would not mess with scid... but as mentioned, it’s totally worth it if you have apple. Well.,, and depending on number of accounts. If I only had 2 accounts, having a phone and tablet wouldn’t be bad. You are not really explained how your email address will impact your scid when you sign up either. That would be helpful to people if they knew this prior to registering. Luckily I did research before I signed up, and read someone’s advice to use your coc name and create new email addresses... well, according to my separate post recently, that has been a double edge sword haha. Maybe a quality of life feature in the future will be you can pick and or change your username for your scid, without it affecting your email you signed up with.
    The problem is not sc-id itself. But the limitation to change the email associated with it.
    As you posted, Clash, changing it is a hassle and a risk (one-time change only).

The current top free email providers may seem safe enough, but I won’t bet a dime on their long term existence.
    Well, that expectancy may exceeds SC’s, but maybe SC thinks differently.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Hey Edy,
    (always ahead of me in Games achievement stats )
    I totally understand your point. As a single base, with the new achievement replacing the old ones, I am in a dilemma, and hence my post: will GC/G at some point be abandoned, forced to sc-id. I will then change, but will for sure think many times which provider i’ll use for that email. I aggregate my emails into few inboxes, but some of my older providers stopped supporting (yes, this occurs more often than obvious), and don’t want to be stuck with one email that may not be able to access.
    Seems obsolete, in this day & age, to limit and restrict that feature...
    (Haha yeah, but not that much )

Well, I think I understand where they're going with this - with SC ID as neccessity, they don't have to rely on the middle-man between them and the customer. Let's just hope that the SC ID will only see improvements over time..
    Co-leader and co-founder of Slovak Brothers #2RJ2YCGR
    Lvl 234, maxed TH 12, my mini is a mid TH10
    Vastness of Universe: Billions of galaxies... Trillions of stars... Countless planets... I ? I am anything but significant...