Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Supercell ID] Sorry, I havenít connected yet...

I am relieved there is a one time recovery option, as I was locked out of one of my multiple email accounts I made for my scid’s. It took me over a month of running around digging for the right department for customer service to get help getting it unlocked. Some email address providers are much more user friendly than others.. I would HIGHLY not recommend using Outlook for your scid email... biggest headache ever dealing with them.. I was finally able to get my email unlocked, turned out the issue was that I used the same phone number for all my scid emails, and so the recovery option wasn’t available. I spent hours over that month trying to get it unlocked.

Oh and if anyone knows what the recovery questions are, it would be awesome if you could post them. For the one time recovery option for scid. I’m sure if I need to find the answers a year or two from now, it would be harder. It would be nice to be prepared if it ever comes up!

I'm in total agreement with you Palu and literally the only reason I have one account on SID is because I had to do a recovery and Supercell refuses to allow you to do it on Google ID even if that's the way you had it setup.

Personally until they allow more control of your data and the ability to have unlimited ID's per device I don't ever see myself connecting any of my other accounts to SID.

Level 18
    - 6,103/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 205] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    The problem is not sc-id itself. But the limitation to change the email associated with it.
    As you posted, Clash, changing it is a hassle and a risk (one-time change only).

The current top free email providers may seem safe enough, but I won’t bet a dime on their long term existence.
    Well, that expectancy may exceeds SC’s, but maybe SC thinks differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    I'm in total agreement with you Palu and literally the only reason I have one account on SID is because I had to do a recovery and Supercell refuses to allow you to do it on Google ID even if that's the way you had it setup.

Personally until they allow more control of your data and the ability to have unlimited ID's per device I don't ever see myself connecting any of my other accounts to SID.
    Totally agree with the above statements. SC might feel it puts them in control, but the execution of something that might have been or be a good idea, is very poor, to say it nicely.

Yes, there are silly people out there who do silly things and whatnot, but the fact remains that their process for 'establishing ownership' is taking victims just about every day, maybe as many as there are accounts that fall victim to the real phishing attempts.

Being treated as a criminal when one forgets a date or (due to more accounts for instance) can't pinpoint a single payment or such is not the way to treat a customer. For any company. Especially in case of problems.

Yet if you plan to quit in the future then decided to sell out you maxed acct its stingy cheap with supercell ID unlike without SCID. Two of my clanmate already sell their accout for a bargain, buyer most likely prefers without SCID. You figure it out why....

I was very hesitant, but once I took the plunge I find it very convenient.

The different email address per account is problematic, but I just make a burner gmail account with the same name as my game account and made sure my phone saved the password. I only log into those accounts if I need to add SC-ID to a new device. Makes it very easy to switch between my main and 2 mini accounts.

-hoof

Quote Originally Posted by kristojesus View Post
    Yet if you plan to quit in the future then decided to sell out you maxed acct its stingy cheap with supercell ID unlike without SCID. Two of my clanmate already sell their accout for a bargain, buyer most likely prefers without SCID. You figure it out why....
    Selling accounts its against the ToS to begin with and can lead the the account being permabsnned anyway..

This is as far off the original topic as we could get and is a non-factor.

Level 18
    - 6,103/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 205] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Hello, first i'm user which have many IoS device. Before realese SCId i play on all device with one main Game Center Acc, that not same Apple Id. You can of all Device have different apple id, but one game center profile, which can load you one vilage of diference device. What about achiviement, here also i have solution, You can only one time change Email it's true, but you can do second : make SCid ( get that achviement ) then write to support you don't want use more SCid , and they delete you SCid and bring acc to Game center or Play game, and that you in future when back to SCid , have one more time to Change email. Because now you not use this future. You use another future. Why i choice SDid? Because i have create new acc and colect from my frend acc, and play, use SCid for me is better , no need switch Game Center. But for what they push Us use SCid, can't imagine. Hope i understand yours mind correct, and give correct answer. Clash on

Information
    Scic is basically so you canít sell your account. Thatís how I look at it. So,Some is going to want full control and assuming you arenít giving away your email password etc. assuming you were to sell. Smoke n mirrors here.

Forum Elder
    SC ID is really not bringing much features towards old google play users. It's basically the same thing with more constraints, so why would people move to it ?

There are so much more they could do, e.g :
    - Allow multiple based to be linked to the same email (we know lots of people do have multiple accounts).
    - Show the base name and level on switching account instead of the email address.
    - Create a quick switch bar/menu that would allow you to one-clic go from one base to the other.
    - Allow base switching even during you pause (how stupid is it that you are stuck switching because one of your base has a forced break).

Regarding the fact SCID's main purpose is to prevent selling account, this is also plain stupid. Pretty easy to set it up using a redirect provider, so that if you ever want to sell your account you simply have to change redirection to the buyer's email address.

I'm still using google play, and I'm not looking at switching. Probably would consider it if it was really bringing more values.
    IGN: Steph - TH 12 - LVL 251 - 2B+ GG/EE - Max cups: 5617 - BK 63 AQ 63 GW 36
    273/300 LVL 13 Walls