Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Which attack strat to focus on?

  1. #1

    Which attack strat to focus on?

    Hi everyone. I basically had my account stolen from me by supercell while changing devices so I have to start a new base now. I used to dedicate all my time to focus on getting better at using hogs for war on the main base. But on builder base I'm a little confused since everyone recommends different strategies and couldn't seem to find an answer on the forum.

    I understand that different bases are better suited to different attacks, but if I should be focusing on getting good at just one strat for builder base, which would it be?

    I'm at builder base 5 at the moment and have just been using Giant archers so far with the occasional clean up minions.

  2. #2
    Jwp721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,442
    Decide if you want to go ground or air and then move forward from there. I went air from BHB 5-7 and then switched to ground at BHB 8.

    Good air attcks- Drop Mitch or Minion Drops
    Good ground attacks- Boxer Giants w Cannon Carts

    I enjoy watching Noc's videos and he has some great videos for different armies for the BHB.. https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingwithNoc
    Last edited by Jwp721; 1 Week Ago at 03:16 PM.




  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwp721 View Post
    Decide if you want to go ground or air and then move forward from there. I went air from BHB 5-7 and then switched to ground at BHB 8.

    Good air attcks- Drop Mitch or Minion Drops
    Good ground attacks- Boxer Giants w Cannon Carts

    I enjoy watching Noc's videos and he has some great videos for different armies for the BHB.. https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingwithNoc
    Thanks man, I appreciate that. Witches sound super fun. Did you go air for BH 5-7 and then change to ground at 8 just for fun or was it because air was better at 5-7 but not as viable as ground at 8?

  4. #4
    Jwp721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,442
    Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster2137023 View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate that. Witches sound super fun. Did you go air for BH 5-7 and then change to ground at 8 just for fun or was it because air was better at 5-7 but not as viable as ground at 8?
    I have always been a grounder when it came to TH base so when BHB came out I went strictly air. Then when I maxed out all my troops I started playing around with ground troops on BHB. Now I switch back and forth depending upon what I think is best for the base I am facing...




  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster2137023 View Post
    Hi everyone. I basically had my account stolen from me by supercell while changing devices so I have to start a new base now. I used to dedicate all my time to focus on getting better at using hogs for war on the main base. But on builder base I'm a little confused since everyone recommends different strategies and couldn't seem to find an answer on the forum.

    I understand that different bases are better suited to different attacks, but if I should be focusing on getting good at just one strat for builder base, which would it be?

    I'm at builder base 5 at the moment and have just been using Giant archers so far with the occasional clean up minions.
    This is a great question. On the way to BH8 I would personally use lots of sneaky archers. Archers are the backbone of numerous attacks. 95% of the bases I see in the 4000+ trophy range are either crescent bases (which are harder in my opinion) and bracket bases. Archers are always useful to snipe away at the outside to increase your overall percentage of damage done during an attack.

    It's not a bad idea to know how many sneaky archers it will take to destroy a building. Camps usually require just one, while other buildings may require 2-4 archers before they uncloak and are targeted by enemy defenses.

    If you are looking at getting max troops quickly so you can push trophies (and, consequently, increase your income) I recommend two possible camp combinations:

    1) Drop ships and minions
    2) Super PEKKAs and cannon carts.

    Both army combinations, at max level, will be potentially lethal under 4000 trophies. Even in the 4000+ trophy range, you'll still see a lot of these attacks.

    Having said that, I recommend drop ships and minions. The reason why is because unless you are particularly skilled at ground attacks, they are made more tricky by the presence of spring traps. Losing a camp (or more) of either cannon carts or boxer giants to spring traps can ruin your day in a hurry.

    If you decide that air attacks aren't your cup of tea, I'd lean towards cannon carts (first priority to upgrade) followed by either Super PEKKAs or boxer giants and bombers.

  6. #6
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    117
    Try to learn to attack using Baby Dragons. Just with proper deployment (with Battle Machine), its an auto 2-star. You can also try Bombarian or Giant Barbarian Carts. They are good attack strategies too.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Skinnyfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster2137023 View Post
    Hi everyone. I basically had my account stolen from me by supercell while changing devices so I have to start a new base now. I used to dedicate all my time to focus on getting better at using hogs for war on the main base. But on builder base I'm a little confused since everyone recommends different strategies and couldn't seem to find an answer on the forum.

    I understand that different bases are better suited to different attacks, but if I should be focusing on getting good at just one strat for builder base, which would it be?

    I'm at builder base 5 at the moment and have just been using Giant archers so far with the occasional clean up minions.
    Stolen from you? Just FYI I lost my main village (started in feb 14) and got it back after multiple in-game
    Messages to SC. I saw that each person I spoke to via in-game support (someone different each time) had a slightly different opinion on my situation and they all had slightly different personalities so my point is, consider not giving up on trying to get it back as you might get lucky!

    FWIW I use minion drops and I love it. I find it more enjoyable than ground and you can bypass walls ofc. Im only at 4K cups though because Im a mid BH8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •