Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gem cost on resources? Is it too much?

The use of gems for resources is basically discouraged, but the option is there. The higher your Town Hall gets, the better you should know it is a useless purchase. Except when you got tons to spare, in that case help Supercell through the winter and buy your resources Loot is free, all you have to do is play.

However, I would love it if they made the 1 gem donation not an event but a permanent feature. It would mean I would spend more gems, but for a good cause too :-)
    Sign up for the one and only Forum CWL event! Both a TH 12 only clan and a mixed clan, join us and let's rock!
    >>> Click for sign up thread <<<

Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    Getting resources is the main reason people play the game. If resources were way cheaper, I’d say people would have less incentive to play, which is not what SC wants.

what is unreasonably expensive imo is gemming instant heal of heroes, and instant CC troop request. Those should be lowered...
    But even that way it would speed everything up, with resources much easier to get, and wouldn't that have the same effect?

Quote Originally Posted by RAppel View Post
    Even if you could get 10k dark for 1 gem I wouldn't buy it. 100k for 1 gem? I'd think about it, but for me the fun is farming. Not sitting on max heroes.
    Yeah, ok, you’d “think about it” for like a second, spend two gems and upgrade your king or queen. 100k dark for 1 gem? LOL

But for the OP, the game developers want you to attack for resources. You know, actually play the game and interact with others.
    Last edited by Himewad; 4 Days Ago at 12:34 PM.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH11 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RAppel View Post
    Even if you could get 10k dark for 1 gem I wouldn't buy it. 100k for 1 gem? I'd think about it, but for me the fun is farming. Not sitting on max heroes.
    I think there is a price point, where people would just buy the resources instead of farming for them... 1 gem for 100K of ANY resource is far, far below that point.

The current price point is above what most people will consider, though.. As it should be.

(I for one would gladly have spend 500 gems to max out my Royals early and I'm sure you would too, if it had been an option)

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post

"Wow, I just stole X Dark Elixir .. that would have cost me Y gems to purchase"

/Affront
    And that would have taken Z$ to buy

Comparing the virtual resource with real money given even higher sense of accomplishment.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanAsif008 View Post
    And that would have taken Z$ to buy

Comparing the virtual resource with real money given even higher sense of accomplishment.
    When we all get around 450 gems a month, for free, the "pain point" for resource buying has to be significantly higher than that..

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

It is ludicrously high. I think it's actually for the mega-whales only tier of players. i.e. "no we're not going to let you buy resources, but just in case you are willing to throw insane amounts of cash at us, here you go..."

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    I think there is a price point, where people would just buy the resources instead of farming for them... 1 gem for 100K of ANY resource is far, far below that point.
    I know

Exaggeration promotes understanding - but I guess in this case it just promotes confusion.

/RAppel

EDIT: And iirc you can get around 20 free gems daily so you could, if the price was 1 gem for 10k, get 200k dark FREE every day. It would be dumb to pass that up, but again, exaggeration promotes understanding
    Last edited by RAppel; 3 Days Ago at 07:33 PM.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329