Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gem cost on resources? Is it too much?

Gem cost on resources? Is it too much?

Gem costs on resources are ridiculous at high levels. I understand that there are big ol whales in this game. Why don't they just use a scale factor to determine the universal cost? Or make it something easier to work with.

Millennial Club RhaegarTargaryen's Avatar
    Well you basically are paying to not play the game...not even attack. I think it should be expensive. Gemming time on upgrades is more for speeding up, but you still have to farm.

No. It's not too much. Resources are easy to get. If you want to pay instead of play, you pay big time.

Millennial Club
    It should cost more. If you are too lazy to farm resource then you should pay and pay handsomely
    Journey begun May 2017. Into my second year now.... Account 1 Account 2

Forum Veteran
    If you want to buy resources then I suggest the book offers. Those are essentially offering you time + resources at a discount. Buying resources is expensive, but I think that’s pretty reasonable.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Resoyrces are intended to be exirbitant.

They don't really want people buying resources, but felt the option should be there.

It is the least efficient way of spending on this game, deliberately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Even if you could get 10k dark for 1 gem I wouldn't buy it. 100k for 1 gem? I'd think about it, but for me the fun is farming. Not sitting on max heroes.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

The underlying barrier to base progression within Clash of Clans is .....time!
    All upgrade costs are very achievable for even the casual player, but they take time.
    Of course, you can 'speed up' , but this requires gems.
    The option to do so, is there for everyone, and I'm sure it has often tempted the more 'impatient' among us!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Getting resources is the main reason people play the game. If resources were way cheaper, I’d say people would have less incentive to play, which is not what SC wants.

what is unreasonably expensive imo is gemming instant heal of heroes, and instant CC troop request. Those should be lowered...
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Forum Legend
    The high cost of purchased resources work as a motivating factor for making people attack for their needs.

"Wow, I just stole X Dark Elixir .. that would have cost me Y gems to purchase"

This leads to a sense of accomplishment and return on "time investment".

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting