Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Game does not Support New Clans.

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    69
    It’s certainly not easy Starting a New Clan and I have to agree with the comments made. Clan Wars & Clan War Leagues Are Important to Clashers so you need to offer something pretty special to compete against Clans that can offer both.

  2. #12
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,574
    In a game that is already saturated with clans that are failing to recruit players, why should there be any surprise that starting from scratch is proving difficult?.
    SC are not responsible for giving anyone free passage to grow a successful clan. There are thousands of clans out there, and with the age of the game it is unlikely that the player base is growing much, if at all. Most players are already settled within a clan, so starting fresh wont be easy.
    As others have stated, start by owning multi accounts yourself. I started out by building my own accounts before jumping clan, and one of the guys jumped with me. Between 2 of us we started doing 15v wars, and grew from there. Invites were sent out to unattached "names" in our multi player leagues with non rushed bases, and as our war log grew people started to come.
    Without the war log it will be difficult to attract, so if you cant win wars forget it. Also, a crowd attracts a crowd, so once things start moving it gets easier.
    But dont expect things to happen overnight. You have to do it all by yourself, or with little help at first. It took us two and half years to reach level 10 and have a full house. Clan building is a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck.

  3. #13
    Forum Veteran Cilakila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wherever there are the foolish starting new clans, I am there, wagging a finger,
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    In a game that is already saturated with clans that are failing to recruit players, why should there be any surprise that starting from scratch is proving difficult?.
    SC are not responsible for giving anyone free passage to grow a successful clan. There are thousands of clans out there, and with the age of the game it is unlikely that the player base is growing much, if at all. Most players are already settled within a clan, so starting fresh wont be easy.

    Without the war log it will be difficult to attract, so if you cant win wars forget it. Also, a crowd attracts a crowd, so once things start moving it gets easier.
    But dont expect things to happen overnight. You have to do it all by yourself, or with little help at first. It took us two and half years to reach level 10 and have a full house. Clan building is a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck.
    Well stated.

    In global last night I had my main account free. I am pouting and angry at clash war performance at the moment, so just wandering free.

    I hit the gold mine of starter clans in my global, with a half dozen vocal clan leaders begging (yes, begging, full on plzzzzz) for help and support.

    Looking at the clans, here was their makeup..

    Clan 1 - one clasher, th5 with level 1 troops, no war stars, dumb clan name

    Clan 2 - three clashers. an inactive 5, a th7 with no war stars and no dragons, a th9 leader with 23 war stars and under 1000 in donate achievement.

    Clan 3 - 19 clashers. free co clan. zero war wins, four war losses with no attacks. Most of clan inactive.

    Clan 4 - 4 clashers. all four th8 and th9 with low war stars and badly rushed bases. seemed inactive

    And the other two were regular zero war star clan leaders with a couple members each.

    This is what most clans are.

    My point. Each of these clashers was genuinely hurt and upset I would not join, and were angry that their clan was not growing very fast.

    I bet almost all of them will quit the game in frustration, and that may not have happened if they did not try to start this clan with no clash experience.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

  4. #14
    Forum All-Star StormHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philippines via Memphis, Tn. USA
    Posts
    4,197
    It's hard, no question. I started a clan two years ago. Back then there were not a huge number to level 10 clans but I went from a level 8 to a level 1 and it was no fun at all.

    We are now a level 10 clan and have been for sometime. Not sure how long, I'd have to look it up. We have a sister clan and did wars and clan games there for a few months. That was to get it to a level 5 clan. It's virtually dead. I keep one account there and try to find people but it's very hard. They probably look in and see one account and don't bother.

    If you are going to start a clan, your best hope is to take some friends with you. At least 5 and better still if they all have two accounts.

    Two years ago, I had a lot of luck recruiting adults new to the game. That's doesn't work as well for me as it used too. You're going to find if very hard to get well developed TH12s and even 10s into new clan.

    It can be done but it is a lot of work. It feels good to accomplish it. Without some friends and being more stubborn than a planet about its orbit, it might be nearly impossible. It's not entirely impossible but I surely wouldn't want to do it again. Then again, I didn't want to the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soren64 View Post
    Trying to build your own clan from stratch is near impossible, and it's sad that if you want to make your own and develop it, it 99% of the time won't happen. Why? Two things:

    1. Clan perks are beneficial and very appealing. Anyone would rather join a clan with all the clan perks than one without any, making new clans unappealing to join.

    2. Lack of resources to find players you want. The best way to reach it is to go into global and hope you find clanless people to invite. But sadly, most of them won't join as mentioned before as clan perks are a thing. Not to mention, who wants to join a clan with barely any people. But if that wasn't hard enough, the odds you'll find a player who won't leave immediately and is active and is some brainless noob, is highly stacked against you. There's not any tools to recruit players, only ones to find clans to join.

    It's disheartening that the game essentially doesn't support new clans, making all ready established clans the only viable clans. Honestly, they might as well remove the option to create a clan at this point, considering it's just a waste. Not sure what could/should be done, but seriously it's pitiful the current state of clans right now.

    Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

  5. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilakila View Post
    Well stated.

    In global last night I had my main account free. I am pouting and angry at clash war performance at the moment, so just wandering free.

    I hit the gold mine of starter clans in my global, with a half dozen vocal clan leaders begging (yes, begging, full on plzzzzz) for help and support.

    Looking at the clans, here was their makeup..

    Clan 1 - one clasher, th5 with level 1 troops, no war stars, dumb clan name

    Clan 2 - three clashers. an inactive 5, a th7 with no war stars and no dragons, a th9 leader with 23 war stars and under 1000 in donate achievement.

    Clan 3 - 19 clashers. free co clan. zero war wins, four war losses with no attacks. Most of clan inactive.

    Clan 4 - 4 clashers. all four th8 and th9 with low war stars and badly rushed bases. seemed inactive

    And the other two were regular zero war star clan leaders with a couple members each.

    This is what most clans are.

    My point. Each of these clashers was genuinely hurt and upset I would not join, and were angry that their clan was not growing very fast.

    I bet almost all of them will quit the game in frustration, and that may not have happened if they did not try to start this clan with no clash experience.

    Yep. It's painful to chat on global when my 10 is bouncing around and not in a clan. If it's a busy global I will get inundated with invites. I learned quickly not to reject as they just invite again, LOL.
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

  6. #16
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Yep. It's painful to chat on global when my 10 is bouncing around and not in a clan. If it's a busy global I will get inundated with invites. I learned quickly not to reject as they just invite again, LOL.
    Havent been to global in over a year. But when I used to send an account back to my old clan for a chat, I used to stop off in global on the way back, before rejoining my clan.
    I must say it is one hell of an ego boost to troll global with an unattached account, it is like mackerel season. But is the dark side of the game for a reason.
    So many there are simply trolling each other all the time. And if you are female (or pretend to be), then it turns into a feeding frenzy.
    Why people would look to recruit there is beyond me.

  7. #17
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Havent been to global in over a year. But when I used to send an account back to my old clan for a chat, I used to stop off in global on the way back, before rejoining my clan.
    I must say it is one hell of an ego boost to troll global with an unattached account, it is like mackerel season. But is the dark side of the game for a reason.
    So many there are simply trolling each other all the time. And if you are female (or pretend to be), then it turns into a feeding frenzy.
    Why people would look to recruit there is beyond me.
    Eh, you get some good from global. Got a solid 20+ loyal, active people (even indians i know) that made my clan fill up decently fast. Just laid down the rules, and if they don't follow em, just kick them and recruit someone who IS worthy of your clan lol.
    mitch - Disipulo - Level 16 Serious War Clan

    Accounts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

  8. #18
    Forum Veteran Cilakila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wherever there are the foolish starting new clans, I am there, wagging a finger,
    Posts
    1,632
    Another point...

    You create a thread commenting on what you think is a problem. You have not been back in a week to check in on the comment, to see what suggestions others had, to see what commentary you created.

    While I understand not everyone sits in classes for several hours a day and has dead moments in them like I do... a week is a reasonable amount of time to check in on a thread.

    How often are you in your clan?

    I do notice there are a lot of clashers that will claim "I have a life" and while that is understandable, those clashers may not be suited to be a leader. If I am visiting a clan and the leader does not check in often, my visit is extra short. No point in staying.

    If a clasher wants to start a clan, they had better be on non stop. Some get upset and will claim they "have a life", and as I said, I appreciate that, but having that "life" and starting a clan are mutually exclusive. Pick one.

    Established clans can have coleaders that drive the clan and the leader can pop on and off on occasion ... but for a starter clan this is dangerous stuff...
    Last edited by Cilakila; 1 Day Ago at 03:34 PM.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

  9. #19
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilakila View Post
    Another point...

    You create a thread commenting on what you think is a problem. You have not been back in a week to check in on the comment, to see what suggestions others had, to see what commentary you created.

    While I understand not everyone sits in classes for several hours a day and has dead moments in them like I do... a week is a reasonable amount of time to check in on a thread.

    How often are you in your clan?

    I do notice there are a lot of clashers that will claim "I have a life" and while that is understandable, those clashers may not be suited to be a leader. If I am visiting a clan and the leader does not check in often, my visit is extra short. No point in staying.

    If a clasher wants to start a clan, they had better be on non stop. Some get upset and will claim they "have a life", and as I said, I appreciate that, but having that "life" and starting a clan are mutually exclusive. Pick one.

    Established clans can have coleaders that drive the clan and the leader can pop on and off on occasion ... but for a starter clan this is dangerous stuff...
    Yep. Am inclined to agree with this.
    I work, i clash, I sleep, i eat. Just about sums up my life sadly enough.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    306
    this game support new clans... maybe players don't... like RL tho, no one starts at the top: your post made me think of this video

    Last edited by BloodPurchased; 20 Hours Ago at 02:43 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •