Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Are Clan War Matchups Getting Worse

  1. #11
    Forum Veteran PapaTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,551
    I am willing to take a guess at why you may be seeing more TH12 in your matches.

    SC created a system, either by design or by accident, that encourages TH11 and even TH10 to rush straight to 12, mostly to access the wall wrecker. But as with most rushed bases, it is just a blue town hall in the middle of a TH11 base. Upgrading just the town hall means nothing unless you take the time to level up the supporting buildings. My guess is that you have strong bases, and probably roll over the enemies' bottom TH12s. My guess is that the enemy TH12s have to dip against you to have the same success.

    It will take another year for TH12s to reach equilibrium.

    Meanwhile, I would rather be in your clan than a clan full of understrength nominal 12s.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

  2. #12
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I am willing to take a guess at why you may be seeing more TH12 in your matches.

    SC created a system, either by design or by accident, that encourages TH11 and even TH10 to rush straight to 12, mostly to access the wall wrecker. But as with most rushed bases, it is just a blue town hall in the middle of a TH11 base. Upgrading just the town hall means nothing unless you take the time to level up the supporting buildings. My guess is that you have strong bases, and probably roll over the enemies' bottom TH12s. My guess is that the enemy TH12s have to dip against you to have the same success.

    It will take another year for TH12s to reach equilibrium.

    Meanwhile, I would rather be in your clan than a clan full of understrength nominal 12s.
    +1.. This is pretty much what I read into it too. And I agree, they are actually in a good place right now, despite OP's reservations.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefTuk View Post
    I agree with Josh's analysis. You likely will still be outnumbered against TH12s a fair amount of the time, even if you drop the TH10s. It's partly a factor of having a good war record & partly a factor of running bases that mostly have advanced heroes. The alternative would be to give you a serious hero advantage in almost every war.
    And a +1 here too. I also agree.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 6 Days Ago at 01:54 AM.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    91
    I appreciate everyone who took the time to review my post and add your thoughts. This was helpful and I'm bringing your insights back to my clan.

  4. #14
    Millennial Club MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,205
    Our matchups have been OK for the past while but we have been finding it difficult to find matches in the main clan and face sometimes overwhelming matches in our sister clan.

    I normally war in our main clan and our sister clan at the same time and matchmaking has been challenging because it seems as if at any time all your work could be suddenly made redundant.

  5. #15
    Forum All-Star StormHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philippines via Memphis, Tn. USA
    Posts
    4,183
    Our last three wars were over before they started. TH alone doesn't tell the story but it can tell a huge part of it.

    We took 2 12s an 11 and 2 tens and the rest were 9s for a 15v15 war. Nothing engineered. Nothing completely maxed either except for the 12s. We had an advantage a TH10 through 11 but they had three TH12s. Game over. It wasn't impossible for us to win just highly unlikely. Throw in two poor TH11 attacks from us and they got their forks out because we were done. Honestly there were other issues on our side that could have made things better for us but it wouldn't have mattered. If those poor attacks had been perfect we still would have lost. It's really frustrating to lose to a clan that you are far better than they are. When the other side has more TH12s, they are just going to dip. One of our 9s remained standing after five attacks. Equal THs and we would have won. The 12s killed our 10s and a TH10 killed that nine.

    I can't know but I THINK they are discounting the bottom of the map again and doing it too much thus allowing us to match at the top to clans with higher THs.

    Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

  6. #16
    Skrags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    6,480
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I am willing to take a guess at why you may be seeing more TH12 in your matches.

    SC created a system, either by design or by accident, that encourages TH11 and even TH10 to rush straight to 12, mostly to access the wall wrecker. But as with most rushed bases, it is just a blue town hall in the middle of a TH11 base. Upgrading just the town hall means nothing unless you take the time to level up the supporting buildings. My guess is that you have strong bases, and probably roll over the enemies' bottom TH12s. My guess is that the enemy TH12s have to dip against you to have the same success.

    It will take another year for TH12s to reach equilibrium.

    Meanwhile, I would rather be in your clan than a clan full of understrength nominal 12s.
    I'd agree with this. Looking at the OP's recent wars, they are typically down 1 TH12 on average. Sometimes even TH12s, but mostly down 1.
    I see a lot of competitive and fairly even wars too, which I would expect given your roster, which by the way, is fairly balanced overall.

    Your matching is not too dissimilar to our own to be honest, and in a way our war log reflects your own.

    What I do find more interesting, is the bottom half of your roster.
    Many experienced peeps are making claims these days that the bottom 25% or 40% of a clans roster is completely ignored these days for matchmaking.
    Looking at your matches and comparing them to our own (especially the lower 50% of bases), tells me that this is just not true.

    https://cocp.it/clan/90LP2PL

    Good luck, you have a great clan!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

  7. #17
    Millennial Club MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Our last three wars were over before they started. TH alone doesn't tell the story but it can tell a huge part of it.

    We took 2 12s an 11 and 2 tens and the rest were 9s for a 15v15 war. Nothing engineered. Nothing completely maxed either except for the 12s. We had an advantage a TH10 through 11 but they had three TH12s. Game over. It wasn't impossible for us to win just highly unlikely. Throw in two poor TH11 attacks from us and they got their forks out because we were done. Honestly there were other issues on our side that could have made things better for us but it wouldn't have mattered. If those poor attacks had been perfect we still would have lost. It's really frustrating to lose to a clan that you are far better than they are. When the other side has more TH12s, they are just going to dip. One of our 9s remained standing after five attacks. Equal THs and we would have won. The 12s killed our 10s and a TH10 killed that nine.

    I can't know but I THINK they are discounting the bottom of the map again and doing it too much thus allowing us to match at the top to clans with higher THs.
    In our sister clan we run around 4-5 TH12, usually has been OK but sometimes getting a disadvantage. Our last couple wars have been a little unfavorable to us too so I am not quite sure what you would need.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Our last three wars were over before they started. TH alone doesn't tell the story but it can tell a huge part of it.

    We took 2 12s an 11 and 2 tens and the rest were 9s for a 15v15 war. Nothing engineered. Nothing completely maxed either except for the 12s. We had an advantage a TH10 through 11 but they had three TH12s. Game over. It wasn't impossible for us to win just highly unlikely. Throw in two poor TH11 attacks from us and they got their forks out because we were done. Honestly there were other issues on our side that could have made things better for us but it wouldn't have mattered. If those poor attacks had been perfect we still would have lost. It's really frustrating to lose to a clan that you are far better than they are. When the other side has more TH12s, they are just going to dip. One of our 9s remained standing after five attacks. Equal THs and we would have won. The 12s killed our 10s and a TH10 killed that nine.

    I can't know but I THINK they are discounting the bottom of the map again and doing it too much thus allowing us to match at the top to clans with higher THs.
    In the past when th11 was almost impossible to 3 star this was game over before it started due to being down one top hall. Now, with 3 stars possible on th12, you guys had a chance (a big disadvantage though). This is one of the reasons why I favor a higher 3 star % on the top hall than some other players who like it really low. For those of us in mixed clans not running all th12s, the impact of a difference in number of th12s in the match is greatly reduced if 3 stars is possible.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

  9. #19
    Forum All-Star StormHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philippines via Memphis, Tn. USA
    Posts
    4,183
    I have a TH10 with a war weight of 89 or one below max. That needs to go to 12 but I want to master my TH10 attacks first. I sometimes three-star at TH10 but not often enough. I'll wait a little longer, another 11 would help us out a lot I think. We just had a TH10 go to 11 with level 2 infernos. That might help a little. He'll drop the eagle though and probably keep it at level 1. I don't like .5 any more. Once, I was a big fan but no longer.

    It should help. I'm also not going to let the search run for two or more hours any more. One hour and restart. If we don't get a match, we don't get one. No war would be better than the last three.

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    In our sister clan we run around 4-5 TH12, usually has been OK but sometimes getting a disadvantage. Our last couple wars have been a little unfavorable to us too so I am not quite sure what you would need.

    Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

  10. #20
    Forum All-Star StormHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philippines via Memphis, Tn. USA
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    In the past when th11 was almost impossible to 3 star this was game over before it started due to being down one top hall. Now, with 3 stars possible on th12, you guys had a chance (a big disadvantage though). This is one of the reasons why I favor a higher 3 star % on the top hall than some other players who like it really low. For those of us in mixed clans not running all th12s, the impact of a difference in number of th12s in the match is greatly reduced if 3 stars is possible.
    We could have won and we almost did. They got lucky but you know luck counts. It wasn't impossible for us to win, just very unlikely.

    They had a TH12 attack that went bad on one of our 12s. It had one star written all over it. But, i won't say it was pure luck. The guy did something smart at the end. I think he had a freeze spell left over mostly because he got frustrated during the attack and forgot to use it.

    He also had on baby dragon left. Most everything around the TH was cleared. The BD went in and I said to myself, no way. Then that freeze dropped and the BD got the TH. LOL Attacks that miss the TH often get much of the rest of the base. So he got over 70 percent. We didn't get 70 percent on either of the TH12s. We tied them on stars and lost on percentage. We put up a great fight but we had to be perfect to win. Our last three wars have gone that way. No room for error because of our disadvantage. We'll probably go to war tomorrow. I hope that the tide shifts, at last.

    We also had two bad attacks, one was mine at TH10. I attacked before my Royals were recovered. It's one of those I'm never going to forget. I'll add it to my collection. :P if I had three-starred that max TH10 then our 12s would have had a second chance on one of their 12s. Our 12s did three-star one of the TH12s and it was near max.

    Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •