Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak Peek #2: New Products

Fresh Spawn
    I’m excited for new stuff, but I weep for my storage situation.

Fresh Spawn

When are new products coming?

When will new produce be coming?

QUOTE='Nick[Supercell];12006398']

Sneak Peek #2: New Products - Grilled eggplant (LVL 90), Pineapple cake (LVL 65), Pineapple juice (LVL 52), Broccoli pasta ( LVL 83), Eggplant parmesan (LVL 99), Cucumber sandwich (LVL 79), Cucumber smoothie (LVL 70), Broccoli soup (LVL 87)!

How about that! Some tasty new products! Did you guess them in yesterday's sneak peek?

Cheers,

Nick[/QUOTE]

Fresh Spawn
    These additional are coming tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty123 View Post
    Nice work Nick,

Fingers crossed for some new land tomorrow

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifio View Post
    The problem with adding more and more products on machines, is that you cant make enough for the need you have.
    It is already hard to keep enough stock and yes i do not have any plans to make a other farm to be able to get more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly888 View Post
    My solution to that is to make what I want. If a townie or truck or boat order wants it I can certainly fill it. If not it goes in my RSS and shoppers happily buy it.

I gave up trying to keep up with demand a long time ago.
    tl;dr -- Demand inherently exceeds supply, probably by design; but the excess mostly seems balanced.

There are six or seven sources for crop/product demand in the game.

The first is "other players". However, players generally only buy crops/products for reselling to another source of demand, or making other products to sell to another such source; as such, in economics parlance they function mostly as "middlemen" rather than "consumers". (Players who routinely engage in "stacking" as strategy may be considered act as a very slight source of demand for products each time they increase their barn. The effect of this seems negligible, as they will cheerfully stock bread, eggs, or other relatively cheap common goods.) Players do act as a source of demand for barn hardware, silo hardware, and town hardware, as these are used up making "capital" improvements that are not resold in-game; however, this is incidental to the current analysis about new crops/products.

Relatedly, players may choose to feed milk to cats and kittens; bacon to dogs and puppies; carrots to horses, rabbits, and donkeys; and wheat bundles to sanctuary animals. This pays no coins, but has a chance of yielding various manners of "rare item" hardware. This quasi-demand is relatively negligible in overall impact, but mentioned for completeness.

The actual sources of demand are the NPC farm passersby, the farm truck board, the boat, the occasional NPC purchase from Greg/Tom at the roadside stand, and the NPC town visitors -- as these "consume" the goods sold. Passersby ordinarily pay purely in coins, at around 2 to 2.5 times base price (although this is higher during some special events). Truck orders "pay" in a mix of coins and XP (and the occasional voucher or special event bonus goodies), with a bonus for production mastery stars on a machine; the non-bonus multiplier for coins alone is lower than for passersby (circa 1.2?), but tends higher than base price. Boats pay base price (1.0, outside of double boat coin special events), plus experience, vouchers, and boat points toward leaderboard status. NPC RSS visitors buy one box of items at up to 3.6 times base price, although rarely; they serve as a very limited source of an economic "greater fool" for players. Finally, town visitors pay in a mix of coins, XP, and reputation.

Presuming a player isn't spending diamonds to increase demand, demand from RSS NPCs, boats, and town visitors are substantially time-limited. However, the truck board has a total demand limit vastly higher than any farm's production capacity. By level 100, there are a total of 41 production machines (excluding the mine), each of which may have a 15% bonus to speed, plus occasional booster bonuses... but only 24 hours per day. This works out somewhere around 1160 potential machine-hours per day (although the last five require severe insomnia or a very, very clever bot to turn from potential to actual). A truck order takes approximately 30 seconds to complete. In theory, an insomniac player with access to unlimited supply could fill 2880 truck orders per day. Circa level 150, a single truck order may easily use products representing 15 hours of time from various production machines. It thus seems demand from truck boards exceeds farmers' supply by about a factor of 36. (This seems likely some function of level.)

Secondarily, the demand from NPC passersby stopping at the house is effectively unlimited in size. It's a function of what you have in your barn/silo, with them randomly asking for about 50-75% of what you have on hand at some point prior to their approach to your farm, or "lots" of what you lack any of. (The latter tendency is potentially somewhat exploitable by clever neighbors working closely together.)

These time limits on demand apply similarly for crops grown in fields, and for animal products like eggs, milk, bacon, wool, and goat milk. (There seems no direct demand for honeycomb; although I suspect an absurdly large supply of it on hand might potentially have a chance to attract a NPC passerby, I don't recall ever seeing such.)

However, the "law of supply and demand" talks about demand as a function of PRICE. Most players sell most things in their RSS at the maximum 3.6x multiplier; relatively few things sell for "base" price. There's some effective medium of exchange elasticity between coins, XP, vouchers, and leaderboard points; but the net effect seems that most players ignore most truck board orders, and focus on the more bounded demands from boat, town, and the roadside stand.

Back to the original issue -- judging by results, the HayDay dev team has put some significant effort into making sure demand from these sources is somewhere near balanced with the production capability of a farm (although some town visitor requests seem absurd). So, when they introduce new products, they also introduce new demand for those new products -- which in the case of demand from boats and townies likely means some decrease in the demand for other products.

Further, it seems they have on occasion introduced new machine products to help re-balance the game. I suspect sanctuary animals consuming "wheat bundles" and the "rustic bouquet" products for market were an effort to deal with the wheat/indigo saturation prevalent at the time. Doing this increased effective demand for those overproduced crops. I also suspect that some of the special events (boosting "random" machines, all or "random" crop production, et cetera) are done to help keep this balance despite idiot players occasional irrational fixation on producing foomatic widgets despite a supply glut on foomatic widgets.
    Last edited by abb3w; December 7th, 2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: typo
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Lvl 160ish Barn 5000ish Silo 5000ish
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

Monday after Derby is Update time at least that’s how it was in the past

cheers

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinamax View Post
    When will new produce be coming?
    Lately, it seems patches typically get rolled out the Monday after the sneak peeks are posted. Once in a blue moon, they're delayed a week -- presumably, because some deeply hideous and horrible bug was discovered at the last minute. (Crops and products rarely cause such bugs; new features seldom make it this far without bugs of that size being found.) So, we'll probably have a significant maintenance break in a bit over 60 hours from now to roll out the patch and the new crops/products/bugFixes/bugs.
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

The new products look good!

Iím quite relieved there are only 8 . Thatís plenty to squeeze into the barn!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    Sneak Peek #2: New Products - Grilled eggplant (LVL 90), Pineapple cake (LVL 65), Pineapple juice (LVL 52), Broccoli pasta ( LVL 83), Eggplant parmesan (LVL 99), Cucumber sandwich (LVL 79), Cucumber smoothie (LVL 70), Broccoli soup (LVL 87)!
    No baba ganoush or tzatziki, huzzah. (Those would seem likely to have come from the poor sauce maker, which already is barely less stressed than the dairy and sugar mill. Way too hard to balance, I'd think, so I am relieved.)

Looking ahead to secondary impacts of these product introductions, I'm guessing:

L52, Pinapple Juice from Juice Press;
    L65, Pineapple Cake from Cake oven;
    L70, Cucumber smoothie from smoothie maker;
    L79, Cucumber sandwich from sandwich bar;
    L83, Broccoli pasta from pasta kitchen;
    L87, Broccoli soup from soup kitchen;
    L90, Grilled eggplant from BBQ grill;
    L99, Eggplant parmesan from ó dunno? Cake oven, maybe???

Once the patch comes out, lots of high-level players will have an abrupt deficit of stores of these products (plus the underlying crops), relative to the new "normal" levels of demand. Some players will spend diamonds to seek Tom's help in remedying these lacks. (Maybe Greg's calendar will put out a well-timed booster or two if we're all very lucky good children.) Others will try to make these products in their machines... reducing the amount of other products made by these machines, and in turn the number of such other products from these machines made available in the Daily Dirt.

From the pictures, I'm guessing that pineapple cake likely also uses cherries; broccoli pasta likely uses fresh pasta, and may use cheese; cucumber sandwich likely uses bread, and may use cream or butter; broccoli soup likely uses cheese; grilled eggplant looks to use possibly a bell pepper and maybe some onion (although if the Dev Team feel sadistic it might use pineapple juice as an ingredient); and eggplant Parmesan uses cheese and probably some tomatoes or tomato sauce. Correspondingly, we can expect for a short time a decrease in the already low availability of these ingredients in the Daily Dirt. (Secondary effects from the juice maker are likely to drop supply availability of popsicles; secondary effects from the dairy ingredients are likely to drop supply availability of milk and all other products made with cheese ingredients.)

On the demand side, presumably all of these products will be requested by boats, trucks, and passersby. I'm guessing that in town, pineapple juice will be needed in Beach Cafe, Diner, Cinema, Spa and B&B; Pineapple Cake in the Diner and maybe B&B; Cucumber smoothie in the Beach Cafe, Cinema, and Spa; Cucumber sandwich in the Beach Cafe, Diner, and maybe B&B; and Broccoli pasta, Grilled Eggplant, Broccoli soup, and Eggplant Parmesan all in the Diner and Beach Cafe.

Since most of the underlying crops have relatively short grow times, levels for those would seem likely to level out to a new normal in circa a day. Products normalizing would seem likely to take another two to four days, depending how long they take to make.
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL

They all sound delicious, except that cucumber smoothie. That sounds like a boring drink, haha
    Last edited by hobbitly; December 8th, 2018 at 04:25 PM.

Need more room

It takes way to many pieces to upgrade and no room as is and now your adding more items again without addressing the issues on space! Why canít you come up with a tool shed to help keep our upgrade pieces seperate from other products. How about A fridge for products that usually go inside it!