Thread: Wreckers in clan wars

Wreckers in clan wars

I知 a Th 10. I get a wrecker donated to me for clan wars. Generally, the wrecker will trigger the enemy clan castle troops. I知 having trouble having my troops kill the clan castle troops before my wrecker is destroyed. Once my wrecker is destroyed and the enemy clan castle troops are still there, they will destroy my cc troops. Any advice on this? What troop comp would work best inside the wrecker to destroy the enemy clan castle troops?

Forum Hero
    What is in the clan castle? How are you deploying? What are your objectives with 5he wrecker?
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    What is in the clan castle? How are you deploying? What are your objectives with 5he wrecker?
    Usually I encounter air troops in the enemy clan castle. I like a mass valk attack with witches and a golem. I use the golem and wizards to start a funnel. Then deploy the wrecker at a point far away from the th so that it can travel deep into the base. But, it is usually the first thing in my armybti get to the enemy clan castle. I like for the wrecker to get me a solid funnel into the base. Then I have my valks and witches follow. If I can get my queen to follow the wrecker then she can attack the clan castle troops but sometimes my queen will turn away from the wrecker.

Forum Hero
    Sounds like you need a better funnel to get wiz/AQ to go in with your main army.
    you can also bring 1poison, 1freeze to by some time for air attacking troops to catch up to kill the cc
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

I知 not sending my main army in until the cc troops are destroyed. I知 using a ground attack. How can I either get my queen to follow the wrecker inside the base or have a troop comp in the wrecker that will target the enemy clan castle troops?

Quote Originally Posted by ctruett02 View Post
    I’m not sending my main army in until the cc troops are destroyed. I’m using a ground attack. How can I either get my queen to follow the wrecker inside the base or have a troop comp in the wrecker that will target the enemy clan castle troops?
    Timing and planning. Drop Queen first at point you are going to drop the WW. Drop other troops left and right of her to clear any diversions which may get her off in wrong direction. Then drop WW. If timing correct, left and right of her will be clear giving her only the path following behind the WW.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

Rowman is right. And if you pair your queen up with some healers, then what you're doing is "Queen Charge Mass Valk", which you can search for to find guides and videos etc.

If you do it right, the queen will follow the valks and target the enemy CC troops, while her healers help keep your valks alive.

Another thing to remember is that a group of valks under rage will slice through enemy walls in no time at all, so perhaps you actually don't need your wrecker to go all the way in... meaning that those pesky enemy CC troops will have no choice but to come further out towards your queen...

Forum Veteran
    Put a dragon with a few giants in your wrecker if you want those troops to take out the CC.

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by ctruett02 View Post
    I’m not sending my main army in until the cc troops are destroyed. I’m using a ground attack. How can I either get my queen to follow the wrecker inside the base or have a troop comp in the wrecker that will target the enemy clan castle troops?
    Hmm sounds like ineffective strategy to me, I’ve never executed something like you are describing
    but sounds like an electro dragon and 5 archers or a dragon with 7 minions and an archer might be best if you want your troops coming out ot the wrecker to engage the enemy cc.

You might even consider cloning the electro if your clone can do 30housing space

Forum Elder
    ever consider trying to lure out the rival CC with a few Hogs? obv you cant always do this; but its usually a good way to get the CC out. maybe even a cpl delayed hogs behind your Gol and Wizard edge funnel.
    You also could consider using a Skelly spell to distract a Dragon that pops out of the rival CC. it could help distract defs/CC while your AQ goes to work.