Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH12 max defense is too strong ! Inferno, giga tesla and EA need a nerf

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by AlonD View Post
    If you think the island bases stops a triple, then you're far from an elite attacker. I think the game is actually close to perfect. I would hesitate to change anything because it may swing too far one way or the other. We see many th12 triples and many th12s who have no clue either. And I'm talking fair play here. PLUS with the new league, going for a triple is becoming more risky, but folks are also putting anti 2 star bases so that th11s can't go up while th12s dip. so makes th12 triples easier as well. With only one attack and no scout, th12 triples should be a rare case.
    if you are not aware of the base design meta, then I should say you probably need to join a good war clan to see what I am talking about, we have bases in our clan hasnt been 3 starred since we maxed tornado and the third inferno, All sorts of attacks executed on them you name it: QW Edrag, bowitch, QW lalo, miners...high 2 star yes, triple NO !, except an Asian clan that used auto touch lalo against us
    Fully maxed TH12, 65/65/40

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    The I know better than you argument. That will probably go over well.

Can I ask, what rate of 3 stars are you seeing against your own base in CW and what percentage of 3 stars against Mx bases are you seeing your and your clan mates achieve?

What percentage of 3 star attacks would you find acceptable?
    If i want to take a rough guess, 3 star rate is around 10-15%, (some of our designs havent been 3 starred yet) , what I think is it should go back pre-update, that is 25-30% for good attackers
    Fully maxed TH12, 65/65/40

Neptune I could not disagree MORE

we run max 12s in war and face max 12s in war - 3 stars on max 12s more common than they were on max 11s pre 12 days .

GIVE MORE defense i say haha

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune01 View Post
    I can't understand the logic behind the massive defense buff in the last update, now that there are many maxed th12 bases it is becoming clear that defense is too powerful especially with the new inferno and the HORRIBLE tornado trap...
    giga tesla is already too powerful and OP....I think SC acted prematurely and didn't let defense catch up to offense to see the real balance...

couple of months ago there was hardly any maxed out th12 but now they are everywhere and the true power of defense can be measured against offense.. even back then 3 stars were not overwhelming but now its again 2 star gameplay very boring.. when defense is too strong there is hardly any separation of players based on skill because no matter how good you are its more than likely to end up with 2 stars on maxed bases only % damage might be different...

especially ground armies are really struggling, hogs are out of picture, miners are rarely useful.. healers didnt get new level to compensate for such massive defense buff to help with queen walks and with third inferno queen walk is really hard on well designed bases.

So what I propose is either a buff to offense including buff to hogs, healer, miner, and witch. or alternatively nerf the inferno tower ( both multi and single need damage nerf) and also nerf the giga tesla damage...

** by the way im not a noob, i have 5 years of experience in hardcore war clans and im currently in a all max th12 war clan so no need to tell me to learn attack skills...I have a fully maxed account (60/60/30) and this is my honest judgment of current balance at high level of gameplay

Justice - Leader of Lethal Demise #9QJJU9J8
    Level 21!!!

Click Here to join the Lethal Family of Clans

Common, no matter how hard you try to mislead the argument here its not gonna change the fact... the game should not be easy , it should not be too hard either, like it or not, th12 is too hard now...perhaps you have extraordinary skills to 3 star half of your war attacks (assuming that is the truth !!!), game should cater for the general player base not top 0.000000001% of elite,

I am in a hardcore war clan and believe me, I know many attack strategies probably as good as you do if not better) and I can say defense is too strong, there should at least higher possibility for a max th12 offense to 3 star max th12 defense
    Possibilities now are just fine imo. I really don’t like it when it’s too easy to triple a max base. If you’re so interested in showing up your attacking skills we can do a couple of friendly challenges.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    Triples happen, triples still happen... common, how easy do you want this game to be for being satisfied?

just before the update I was tripling 50% of my war attacks, even attached proof in one of those posts.
    https://imgur.com/a/Gx83ecc

Balance is much better now imo. Triples are still possible, just more challenging, as they should be.

Not going to disagree with your skills in attacking, but being in a league clan, the members skills are normally quite higher then the random clash player.

And those are the people the game should be designed for.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #36
    Common, no matter how hard you try to mislead the argument here its not gonna change the fact... the game should not be easy , it should not be too hard either, like it or not, th12 is too hard now...perhaps you have extraordinary skills to 3 star half of your war attacks (assuming that is the truth !!!), game should cater for the general player base not top 0.000000001% of elite,
    This 8s correct. It also seems to be what m9st here think we have.

I am in a hardcore war clan and believe me, I know many attack strategies probably as good as you do if not better) and I can say defense is too strong, there should at least higher possibility for a max th12 offense to 3 star max th12 defense
    It is certainly a lot higher than the chance was in TH10vTH10 when that was the highest TH.

F9r most of us non-elite players, 3 star attacks would happen once every few wars with 5-6 TH10s on each side. At TH12, it is mo4e like once or twice per war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Elder
    I'm not a noob or a pro but I sometimes get 3 stars on max th12s. I think it's probably about right for now. Every update will have a few offence or defence changes which they will try keep the 3 star rate rate but not impossible

Centennial Club
    Actually the balance is semi nice right now. Sure 3 stars arent as popular as they were, but at least its not like before where it was almost impossible.

Personally i enjoy it since its finally given us reason to read bases and choose the right attack for that base again. Some people just enjoy spam triples to act like gods they are not

I don’t think things are too bad right now. My clan is running mostly 25v25 wars where every single player has maxed defences and only the wall pieces dictate where you place on the map. Last war we lost 56-53. So 3 max hits for us out of 50 and 6 for the other team. Hard to get a 3 but not impossible.

Interestingly if we had had more time for the attacks each team gets 3-4 more 3 stars. So with the amount of hit points to get through each war attack now, just getting 30 seconds more for attacks may be the key to almost perfect balance.

*cursing due to his own 94% when all heroes were still alive and only 1 Archer Tower left when time ran out*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeatdecz View Post
    Stop complaining....th12 is not suppose to be 3 starred...if it is.mits either ur base sucks or the enemny good....so be one of the latter...but obviously...u r not
    Why exactly do you believe that a 12 shouldn't be 3 starred?

A proper army, with a sound plan and good execution by an experienced player should certainly have a chance at it.

I agree with the OP. There are certain troops that could use help before adding more defense. I don't see the amount of defenses in multiplayer as a good example at all. Even in Legend a fair amount of bases are still upgrading and lack proper CC troops. Not the same as war.
    Last edited by Nuitari; December 4th, 2018 at 12:32 AM.