Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH12 max defense is too strong ! Inferno, giga tesla and EA need a nerf

Centennial Club

TH12 max defense is too strong ! Inferno, giga tesla and EA need a nerf

I can't understand the logic behind the massive defense buff in the last update, now that there are many maxed th12 bases it is becoming clear that defense is too powerful especially with the new inferno and the HORRIBLE tornado trap...
    giga tesla is already too powerful and OP....I think SC acted prematurely and didn't let defense catch up to offense to see the real balance...

couple of months ago there was hardly any maxed out th12 but now they are everywhere and the true power of defense can be measured against offense.. even back then 3 stars were not overwhelming but now its again 2 star gameplay very boring.. when defense is too strong there is hardly any separation of players based on skill because no matter how good you are its more than likely to end up with 2 stars on maxed bases only % damage might be different...

especially ground armies are really struggling, hogs are out of picture, miners are rarely useful.. healers didnt get new level to compensate for such massive defense buff to help with queen walks and with third inferno queen walk is really hard on well designed bases.

So what I propose is either a buff to offense including buff to hogs, healer, miner, and witch. or alternatively nerf the inferno tower ( both multi and single need damage nerf) and also nerf the giga tesla damage...

** by the way im not a noob, i have 5 years of experience in hardcore war clans and im currently in a all max th12 war clan so no need to tell me to learn attack skills...I have a fully maxed account (60/60/30) and this is my honest judgment of current balance at high level of gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune01 View Post
    I can't understand the logic behind the massive defense buff in the last update, now that there are many maxed th12 bases it is becoming clear that defense is too powerful especially with the new inferno and the HORRIBLE tornado trap...
    giga tesla is already too powerful and OP....I think SC acted prematurely and didn't let defense catch up to offense to see the real balance...

couple of months ago there was hardly any maxed out th12 but now they are everywhere and the true power of defense can be measured against offense.. even back then 3 stars were not overwhelming but now its again 2 star gameplay very boring.. when defense is too strong there is hardly any separation of players based on skill because no matter how good you are its more than likely to end up with 2 stars on maxed bases only % damage might be different...

especially ground armies are really struggling, hogs are out of picture, miners are rarely useful.. healers didnt get new level to compensate for such massive defense buff to help with queen walks and with third inferno queen walk is really hard on well designed bases.

So what I propose is either a buff to offense including buff to hogs, healer, miner, and witch. or alternatively nerf the inferno tower ( both multi and single need damage nerf) and also nerf the giga tesla damage...

** by the way im not a noob, i have 5 years of experience in hardcore war clans and im currently in a all max th12 war clan so no need to tell me to learn attack skills...I have a fully maxed account (60/60/30) and this is my honest judgment of current balance at high level of gameplay
    Maybe we will get some new offense in the next update, like a dark spell and/or troop, that will increase offensive power?

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Forum Legend
    LOL, offense still rules. Max out your heores and defense won't be as big an issue for you.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Maybe we will get some new offense in the next update, like a dark spell and/or troop, that will increase offensive power?

I would be happy to see even a slight buff to offense as right now the balance is way in favor of defense...

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    LOL, offense still rules. Max out your heroes and defense won't be as big an issue for you.

seems like you didnt read my post, I have a fully maxed out base with maxed heroes and troops and in a all maxed th12 war clan... and ofcourse I am talking about fairplay attacks not those 40 finger auto touch attacks that i dont want to go into detail about....
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; December 3rd, 2018 at 08:40 PM.

Forum Legend
    I would be happy to see even a slight buff to offense as right now the balance is way in favor of defense...
    Offense has rarely been better in the game. I'm praying they don't nerf defenses too much. Right now it's a good balance. You have good attack you can still triple TH12s but you don't need to worry about TH11s hitting up on your for 2 stars so the 12s can dip.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Centennial Club
    Offense has rarely been better in the game. I'm praying they don't nerf defenses too much. Right now it's a good balance. You have good attack you can still triple TH12s but you don't need to worry about TH11s hitting up on your for 2 stars so the 12s can dip.
    not asking for too much defense nerf... but I think inferno and giga tesla are on the top of the nerf list... multi inferno has just too big of radius...giga tesla has too much damage output, they both definitely need at least a DPS nerf
    Fully maxed TH12, 65/65/40

I can agree with this but at the same time, the right attacker with the right army will destroy any base whether it's maxed or not. It's always been like that no matter how weak or strong defence has been
    IGN: Ghxst
    Level 162

TH11
    1.7B Gold Grab
    Highest trophy count: 3666

Forum Legend
    Shouldn't it be hard to triple a well designed fully maxed out TH12?

I mean if all you need is maxed out offense to triple any base, what's the point? Wouldn't all wars end in a tie?

It seems like if you have a well crafted army with good execution you can triple maxed 12s, but it's not a cake walk and it shouldn't be.

Centennial Club
    Shouldn't it be hard to triple a well designed fully maxed out TH12?

I mean if all you need is maxed out offense to triple any base, what's the point? Wouldn't all wars end in a tie?

It seems like if you have a well crafted army with good execution you can triple maxed 12s, but it's not a cake walk and it shouldn't be.
    agree with you , I also dont want it to be closed eye 3 stars..but the rate of 3 stars on maxed bases is dropping to low now...I think before the update there was the greatest balance in the game, a well executed attack with the right army would give you 3 stars but now its becoming very difficult... I think the balance should cater to the general player base and should be more in favor of offense as this game is focused on offense not defense.

Before the last update the base design was so important because a bad base would result in triple but now you can just dump everything in islands and pretty much stop any attack...

by the way it should be hard to triple a maxed base but not too hard to see it once in a blue moon
    Last edited by Neptune01; December 3rd, 2018 at 08:18 PM.
    Fully maxed TH12, 65/65/40

Forum Elder
    agree with you , I also dont want it to be closed eye 3 stars..but the rate of 3 stars on maxed bases is dropping to low now...I think before the update there was the greatest balance in the game, a well executed attack with the right army would give you 3 stars but now its becoming very difficult... I think the balance should cater to the general player base and should be more in favor of offense as this game is focused on offense not defense.

Before the last update the base design was so important because a bad base would result in triple but now you can just dump everything in islands and pretty much stop any attack...

by the way it should be hard to triple a maxed base but not too hard to see it once in a blue moon
    Eh, we still see 1-2 TH12 triples every war, with some very high 90%+ attacks thrown in as well. Only SC knows what the actual 3 star rate is and if it’s too low or high. Base design is still important from what I’m seeing though.