Thread: Getting kicked out of a hood before derby ends

Getting kicked out of a hood before derby ends

HayDay, you should really implement a feature that prevents leaders from being able to kick out derby participants before a derby ends. Itís highly unfair to dedicated players to get kicked out - just because of a nasty, immature leader! I got kicked out of the hood I was in one hour before it ended, after completing all the tasks at 320!

Centennial Club
    Helene32, I’m sorry to hear you were kicked out after completing all of your tasks. That is something leaders usually use when players only complete a few. If you’d like a new hood message me and pop by to check us out.

Centennial Club
    Being kicked is something leaders use when a player severely transgresses on the norms of the neighborhood -- by whatever the local measure of "severely" may be. Some neighborhoods have King Log for a ruler, and you won't get kicked for anything until HayDay support bans your account for TOS violations. Some neighborhoods have King Stork instead, who will kick you merely for having the effrontery to join the neighborhood.

Most neighborhoods are somewhere between those two extremes. From the standpoint of a neighborhood leader, being able to kick a player who isn't completing the normal expected level of tasks helps them maintain that norm by allowing leaders to associate a disincentive for not doing tasks. Many will also kick for rudeness, or for discussing topics disapproved of by leaders/co-leaders, or from expressing opinions considered unfavorable, or whatever; sometimes with a warning, sometimes not. Most will clarify what sorts of behavior can get you kicked if you ask.

The ultimate solution is to find a compatible neighborhood. This isn't easy, but the "I'm Looking for a Neighborhood" and "Neighborhood Recruitment" sections of the Hay Day forums may help with that.
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Lvl 120ish Barn 4000ish Silo 3000ish
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Helene032 View Post
    HayDay, you should really implement a feature that prevents leaders from being able to kick out derby participants before a derby ends. Itís highly unfair to dedicated players to get kicked out - just because of a nasty, immature leader! I got kicked out of the hood I was in one hour before it ended, after completing all the tasks at 320!
    I'll be honest I didn't read replies before typing this, so if it's nothing new, I apologize. But I disagree. This is 1 feature of hayday I agree with. I have a hood of 13. Just 13. The hood is a break away group of an older hood, and we are only 3 1/2 months old. But I digress. In that 3 1/2 months, we have not had ONE SINGLE NEW MEMBER work out. Not one. They come in having read our recruitment post, and we greet them, and tell them AGAIN about what we all do to keep things fair. Yet again and again, we get members that seem all Gung ho, yeah, cool, awesome, I get it, glad to be here! New derby starts. New member apperently DROPS OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. if there is a legit black hole suckling in all my new hoodmates, I apologize. Hope you're ok. Otherwise, WHAT?! So glad I can toss you if all you did was come in and seem cool, then suddenly what? You didn't realize we had a delay? Even though you were told as SOON AS YOU JOINED, and I then took the time to post reminder messages, and several pinned messages that really are just for you, because my other hood mates KNOW. Or you act cool and helpful, but then only do 1 or 2 tasks? Nope. Tossed before derby end. Sorry if that seems harsh, but if you disappear ALL WEEK, then show up and try to run 1 task in the final hours of a derby to score our 9 horseshoe rewards and 3 top 3 rewards, yeah, I'll toss you before you can complete that 1 task. Everytime. Bc my hood mates make time for the game. They are thoughtful and helpful. They run all 9, lately 10, tasks, and all a great variety of tasks so everyone has a chance at a "fast" task. I protect my hoodmates from selfish points riders, and will continue to. I'm not at all saying the OP is a player like that. If you were done wrong, I'm sorry that happened and hope you find a better hood. As a leader though, I'm a fan of the toss feature. So many bad selfish players. But I must also believe there are loads of bad leaders. I'm not. Check out our recruitment post if you would like. We seriously welcome new GOOD players and I'm very thankful for all my hoodmates. Seems like it's insanely hard to have a FULL hood of good players anymore.

-Pups
    Leader of "All The Way To Victory"
    Last edited by FourPupsFarms; 3 Days Ago at 04:19 PM.

Millennial Club
    Undoubtedly there are leaders who behave questionably over kicking players out, but there are a lot of players out there who abuse the rules leaders set up for their hoods. Since there are a lot more players than leaders, I would suggest abusive players greatly outnumber abusive leaders.
    In the last 3-4 years I’ve only booted a few players, probably not double figures, but I put a lot of effort into finding the right people for our team. There are only a couple of occasions where people have merited dismissal before derby end, and on both occasions for abusive behaviour towards other team members. If SC removed my ability to remove a player from my hood at any time, I’d quit leading in a heartbeat.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

A leader needs the right to boot a player at any time for whatever reason they see fit. It is after all, their hood which they may or may not be working hard to develop to certain specifications. Personally I try really hard not to kick someone who is meeting our point and task level bf the end of derby. During our last blossom derby, I had a newbie that right out of the gate took a nonblossom task, refused to read the nh notification board and gave me lip the entire week. Knowing my boots were sharp and polished, I bit my own lip so that he would not further sabotage our derby. Although he did all 10 tasks, he cost us first place. As soon as derby was over, my boot met his 💥. Wouldnít you know. Right bf next derby, he came back under another name! What? Do you think Iím stupid? 👢👢👢
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

I kicked one out just this week a few hours before the derby was over.. she however did only 3 tasks of the 10 that we require and was not doing only 320 tasks even though I let her know in advance., she didn’t deserve to reap the benefits the rest of us worked for.

Doesnt sound like your leader was fair if you did what was required but I have to agree leaders should always have the ability to kick players. You’re always going to have some who make it hard on others.