Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting kicked out of a hood before derby ends

I'm not sure how kicking out a player before derby ends solves the problem. As far as I know a player who completed at least 1 task will still get all the rewards as soon as he joins a new neighborhood. But kicking out a player before derby ends means that the neighborhood will lose any derby points achieved by that player. Or has this changed?

Away, for a little while. Will try my best for Lake Timer updating
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    My hazard guess would be that the task will expire 3 days after it was taken, thus returning to the board.

I can test and tell you in a few hours. However you coyld prepare for the worse (task expired).
    Just tested.

As soon as the player who is on blossom task (350pts) left the hood, the task is back at the board as 350pts since it was not completed. Another member was able to take it.

Also noted that the time keeps running on the ę returning task Ľ, instead of starting at 3h after being completed since a recent update.

Sylver14, the derby points earned from completed task is not deducted. I don’t remember reading anywhere it was like that (okat, I was away from derby early 2019.....). Player leaving mid derby will not get any rewards that week, even after joining another hood. What you described only happens during derby pause.
    Last edited by meonhoc; October 24th, 2020 at 09:58 PM.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 150♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Meonhoc, I remember someone in my ex neighbourhood used to say that if a player leaves mid derby the hood will lose the points. I never really noticed if that actually happens or not. But you seem to be much better informed than I am, so thanks for clarifying this for me!

I know things have changes several times. I know if the player leaves the hood you get to keep their points for sure. But if you kick the player...donít you lose those points?
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

No, according to this thread in 2015: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ring-the-derby

But then this happened early 2019: (click on the the arrow next to Nick name to go that thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    EDIT: I was a bit misinformed as well. So.. in the December update, a bug creeped into the game which affected it so that if a player left the NH, the points he/she had contributed were also removed. This was a bug which we fixed via a maintenance. But, we noticed later that it was fixed only half way. Then the text below comes into effect..

We are aware of a bug which occurs when you leave a NH (note: your contributed points are not removed if you leave) and re-join the same NH > your contributed points gets removed. That is a bug. This will be fixed in the next maintenance.

Why our support reps reply like that has to be some odd miscommunication. I will investigate!

Cheers,

Nick
    Last edited by meonhoc; October 24th, 2020 at 10:01 PM.

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

Thanks meonhoc for those links. Yes, I was a part of that conversation w nick, posting just above him and was very pleased to have that bug fixed. Thatís how I know for sure that you donít lose the points if a person leaves. However the 2015 post is very old and there is only one post stating you wonít lose the points if you kick a person. I recognize that the poster is a long-standing forumite so I tend to believe that itís valid. Iím sure it was at that time. It would be nice if someone who had recently kicked someone mid derby could confirm this. We had a member sit on a help task for 12 hrs, then a train for 12 hrs again after repeated posts that this was unacceptable during a blossom derby. My team was livid but I opted to wait until derby end to kick so as not to jeopardize our standing. The only harm it caused was that we finished w a 17000 pt lead instead of the 20000 that we originally had and a very angry team.
    Leader Spiritís Peace

I would think there is no difference in being kicked or leave on their own. For convenient, I would just kick a mini instead of logging in that one and leave.

The low number of reply in the 2015 thread, in my eyes, is simply "question already answered, no need to post again". If the info was wrong, no doubt there would be other players chiming in to correct it.

We can wait till someone else comes share their observation.

I think a number of changes may have been made and a whole new round of testing is in order.

Maybe someone with 8 farms?
    Last edited by WussyPuss; October 25th, 2020 at 06:36 PM.
    Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I agree, but I only have 3 and they all derby very competitively! Any volunteers?🤓
    Leader Spiritís Peace

Not this week, I reached my quota of messy derby .

If we were to do all round test, better wait for next update that could introduce... ahem...changes .

To prepare the testing, what do we want to test?