Thread: best clan castle troops

best clan castle troops

does anyone have a list of the best troops to put in the clan castle (for defending)?

like maybe all the troops in order best to worst

and if not then can someone tell me what they would think?

also what do wall breakers do in the clan castle?
    Hi
    Post "Walruses are awesome" to me if you found this hidden message!
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

I don't even sleep anymore, I just die for a few hours at a time
    Depending on the amount of space the CC can hold, here are some good defensive compositions:

10 Space:
    BDrag, Valk and 2 Archers
    2 Balloons

15 Space:
    BDrag, Wizard, and Archer
    Valk, Wizard, Archer, and Minion
    3 Balloons

20 Space:
    Dragon
    BDrag, Valk, and 2 Archers
    Valk and Witch

25 Space:
    Dragon and Balloon
    BDrag, Witch, and 3 Archers
    BDrag, Valk, Wizard, and 3 Archers

30 Space:
    Dragon and 2 Balloons
    BDrag, Witch, and Valk
    BDrag, 2 Valks, and Wizard
    BDrag, Witch, and 2 Wizards
    Lava Hound
    EDrag

35 Space:

Dragon and 3 Balloons
    BDrag, Valk, Witch, Wizard, and Archer
    BDrag, 3 Valks, and Archer
    BDrag, 2 Witches, and Archer
    Lava Hound and Balloon
    EDrag and Balloon

40 Space:

2 Dragons
    BDrag, 2 Witches, and Bowler
    BDrag, 3 Valks, and Bowler
    5 Valks
    Lava Hound and 2 Balloons
    EDrag and 2 Balloons

Also, defensive Wallbreakers will run towards your troops and deal damage to them by blowing themselves up. However, the damage they do is hardly anything to worry about, especially since they die upon attacking, so they are not recommended for defensive CCs.
    CoC Accounts: Darkwind™ (TH11) | DARDANIUS (TH10)
    Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 12 - Crystal III) #YPU22PYG - Interested in joining? Click here!
    Clashing since Jan 2014

Forum Hero
    Best is relative and depends what attacks you. Valks, witches, babies, dragons, e-drags, wizards, archers, minions, hound, loons can all be very effective cc troops but all have some weaknesses

barbs, giants, golem, hogs, wall breakers, bowlers don’t generally make for very good cc troops on defense.

goblins are an odd hybrid somewhere in between effective and in effective
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

how does the lava hound work on defense

i didnt think it would be good because it doesnt do a lot of damage so its like the golem?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusGuy View Post
    how does the lava hound work on defense

i didnt think it would be good because it doesnt do a lot of damage so its like the golem?
    It may not have high dps but its hp is the most for a troop in the entire game(6100-7500 depending on the level),so it can distract the troops long enough for defenses to kill the attackers. Once it dies, it splits into lava pups(8-16 depending on level of hound)which have 35 dps each.

Edrag is another option for the 30 space cc as it can not only tank shots from AQ for a bit, but also one-shot her.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    It may not have high dps but its hp is the most for a troop in the entire game(6100-7500 depending on the level),so it can distract the troops long enough for defenses to kill the attackers. Once it dies, it splits into lava pups(8-16 depending on level of hound)which have 35 dps each.

Edrag is another option for the 30 space cc as it can not only tank shots from AQ for a bit, but also one-shot her.
    oh yeah i like the electro dragon on defense

i guess that makes sense for a lavahound i would want the electro dragon more for damage though
    Hi

oh yeah i like the electro dragon on defense

i guess that makes sense for a lavahound i would want the electro dragon more for damage though
    Do mind that even though edrag can finish off your kill squad unexpectedly, troops like valkyries can outrun it(especially under haste/rage spells) since it is quite slow (slower than even a lava hound)
    Edrag also takes some time to charge up the attack, which is further affected if poison spell is used. But the chain effect makes up for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    Do mind that even though edrag can finish off your kill squad unexpectedly, troops like valkyries can outrun it(especially under haste/rage spells) since it is quite slow (slower than even a lava hound)
    Edrag also takes some time to charge up the attack, which is further affected if poison spell is used. But the chain effect makes up for it though.
    oh yeah i noticed that

normally i found that everyone puts a dragon in their clan castle for wars but one clan i went against did something like baby dragon valkyrie wizard and it worked really well for them i was surprised!!!
    Hi

Forum Hero
    oh yeah i noticed that

normally i found that everyone puts a dragon in their clan castle for wars but one clan i went against did something like baby dragon valkyrie wizard and it worked really well for them i was surprised!!!
    i always run a mix, makes it harder for enemy to plan. But dragon as default isn’t the worst.
    for 25: 1 baby, 1 witch, 3 archers can confuse a lot of TH8 attackers. Though it’s a combo that can be over run by mass dragons.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.