Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traps war weight

Forum Veteran
    To be fair Tourzoo. TH12 is a different ball game to lower halls, and you are also anchoring the roster.
    Maybe not roster wide, but Warios is likely right for your personal needs. Dont worry about your own weight at that size mate. If your account is fairly balanced, then get your defences up mate. At 12, giga size matters, as does the other key defences, so get to max when you can. If you can have war troops and heroes keeping pace with your defence, then all the better. But if you are facing almost max 12, you need max 12.
    Can always toy with the roster if you wish to play with numbers, but would go big with yours. good luck.

So far as the weights, there was a time when I, along with many others, used to carefully watch gold weight on war bases to plan defensive upgrade paths. This may or may not be the case still. I am not so weight conscious, but still think the differential between drop and upgrade wont be too different to what it was. They simply announced a change to the weighting system a while back, and I feel they made key defences more in line with everything else at that point.
    so far as people disputing forum members having knowledge of how weights work, I beg to differ. Myself, I stopped watching, but can point to our resident engineering members and be pretty certain they can give you figures.
    so sorry NightsWatch, I disagree with that part of your post, although I tend to agree with not worrying too much about weight.

NightsWatchMB

Super MemberJoin DateAug 2017Location#boycott-the-blimpPosts901

Anyone who suggests they know anything definitive about the war weight of anything in this game is likely sadly mistaken. Upgrade your base as if war weight wasn't a thing and you'll be just fine!

Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    To be fair Tourzoo. TH12 is a different ball game to lower halls, and you are also anchoring the roster.
    Maybe not roster wide, but Warios is likely right for your personal needs. Dont worry about your own weight at that size mate. If your account is fairly balanced, then get your defences up mate. At 12, giga size matters, as does the other key defences, so get to max when you can. If you can have war troops and heroes keeping pace with your defence, then all the better. But if you are facing almost max 12, you need max 12.
    Can always toy with the roster if you wish to play with numbers, but would go big with yours. good luck.
    Thanks a lot mate.
    My last question: what is the impact of upgrading clan castle from 7 to 8? It has low weight or high weight as hit point is increased by 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Tourzoo View Post
    Thanks a lot mate.
    My last question: what is the impact of upgrading clan castle from 7 to 8? It has low weight or high weight as hit point is increased by 400.
    At TH12, stop even thinking about weight, make your base as strong as possible as soon as you can.
    Level: 246 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourzoo View Post
    Thanks a lot mate.
    See Warios post mate. Max includes cc. Not sure what weight cc carries anyway, but it will carry both defence and offence weight I would think. No matter tho, you must be close enough to max for it to be irrelevant since you are drawing them.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    See Warios post mate. Max includes cc. Not sure what weight cc carries anyway, but it will carry both defence and offence weight I would think. No matter tho, you must be close enough to max for it to be irrelevant since you are drawing them.
    I'll chime in with, 'me three!'

You're the #1 base in every war. Defense weight is not much of an issue. Your first concern should be making sure you are as difficult a 3 star as possible. The extra traps won't make a huge difference in the offensive strength of your opposite number. From my experience, having high level heroes tends to draw strong offense more than the traps. You do want to finish camps & cc ASAP, but early TH12 is a major grind! Since you can always use a power potion to access max level troops, hero levels & defenses are the only thing you can't equalize once camps & cc are upgraded.

As the only TH12 in war, you're probably better off keeping a somewhat anti-2 star layout, instead of an aggressively anti-3 star layout. Smart clans will often use a TH10 or 11 to get an easy 2 star, allowing your mirror to go after 3 stars on your TH11s. That's something you should keep an eye out for as well, especially while you're building up your offense. When your offenses get stronger & you have a second TH12 in wars, I'd look at making your anchor base more of an anti-3 star layout.
    Last edited by ChiefTuk; 1 Week Ago at 12:43 AM.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefTuk View Post
    I'll chime in with, 'me three!'

You're the #1 base in every war. Defense weight is not much of an issue. Your first concern should be making sure you are as difficult a 3 star as possible. The extra traps won't make a huge difference in the offensive strength of your opposite number. From my experience, having high level heroes tends to draw strong offense more than the traps. You do want to finish camps & cc ASAP, but early TH12 is a major grind! Since you can always use a power potion to access max level troops, hero levels & defenses are the only thing you can't equalize once camps & cc are upgraded.

As the only TH12 in war, you're probably better off keeping a somewhat anti-2 star layout, instead of an aggressively anti-3 star layout. Smart clans will often use a TH10 or 11 to get an easy 2 star, allowing your mirror to go after 3 stars on your TH11s. That's something you should keep an eye out for as well, especially while you're building up your offense. When your offenses get stronger & you have a second TH12 in wars, I'd look at making your anchor base more of an anti-3 star layout.
    Thanks mate...
    Already started build up my new building... Let's face now...

Thanks to all...

Some good feedback in this thread.
    To the OP, I would certainly upgrade those traps.

As a general rule, I would still recommend a 'balanced bases within a balanced roster' approach for the majority of clans, as you will be 'more likely' to match similar clans.

Try not to dabble in engineering, either do it properly, or not at all. The dabblers have been hit hard over the last year!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.