Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Since when can we see who has viewed the thread?!

Question Since when can we see who has viewed the thread?!

Title. I just noticed it right now that below of any thread, you can see which member has viewed that specific thread. Has it always been like this or it was implemented recently?
    TH12 - 60/60/30 - #9Y9V2YLQQ

This feature was implemented very recently.

Since it's not possible for the browser to know if I actually read any given thread, I'm going to guess this means "accessed" not "read".
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

The Lost Little Growlithe DeltaDroid4's Avatar
    Looks like using invisible mode means you still don't show up in the list of members who have read the thread. I can already see some problems with this new feature...

Last edited by DeltaDroid4; 1 Week Ago at 07:32 PM.

You really have too much time on your hands :smirk:
    Checking empty spaces in signatures again, huh? :smirk:
    | Level 11 | PB: 4167 | Donations: 59K | Day Old Haggis | Contest Winner |

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    DeltaDroid, where are you clicking with the mouse pointer to see the above list? Thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see it by scrolling to the bottom of thread.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 07:41 PM.
    Lynn, 12-08-18, clasher and farmer, but not boomer and brawler

"When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails” --H. Jackson Brown Jr.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Yup. We enabled it. Only visible on desktop tho.

Cheers,

Nick

I haven’t read this thread ... Oops I did
    Only question (I was puzzled by it on some threads... and am still puzzled): why?

Since I ask the question, I also think of an answer, and I cannot find a sensible one to post.
    The ‘best’ I could find is to know who read a given thread and get ‘good’ points for not having posted a reply .
    Otherwise, all readers having expressed their opinion have already ... posted their name on a reply.

Or it is intended for only few threads, like ‘rules’ or ‘stickies’, but the only use would be to bash a member for reading that thread and not considering its content when being active elsewhere. Some kind’a ‘gotcha’ thing.

The Lost Little Growlithe DeltaDroid4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Since I ask the question, I also think of an answer, and I cannot find a sensible one to post.
    The ‘best’ I could find is to know who read a given thread and get ‘good’ points for not having posted a reply .
    Otherwise, all readers having expressed their opinion have already ... posted their name on a reply.

Or it is intended for only few threads, like ‘rules’ or ‘stickies’, but the only use would be to bash a member for reading that thread and not considering its content when being active elsewhere. Some kind’a ‘gotcha’ thing.
    I'm pretty surprised already how many active forumers read a spam thread and don't bother reporting it. And the forum rules thread has a disappointingly low number of views since this feature was added...

You really have too much time on your hands :smirk:
    Checking empty spaces in signatures again, huh? :smirk:
    | Level 11 | PB: 4167 | Donations: 59K | Day Old Haggis | Contest Winner |

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    ...Or it is intended for only few threads, like ‘rules’ or ‘stickies’, but the only use would be to bash a member for reading that thread and not considering its content when being active elsewhere. Some kind’a ‘gotcha’ thing.
    This new feature won't provide a list of every forumite who read the thread, only those who read it for the past 14 days.

In other words, if I hadn't posted two replies in this thread, you wouldn't know that I read this thread if you stumble on to it 14 days later.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 09:32 PM.
    Lynn, 12-08-18, clasher and farmer, but not boomer and brawler

"When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails” --H. Jackson Brown Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDroid4 View Post
    I'm pretty surprised already how many active forumers read a spam thread and don't bother reporting it. And the forum rules thread has a disappointingly low number of views since this feature was added...
    ... Please go check this thread, posted 13hrs ago, replied 12hrs, but not showing LynnK who replied.
    Also shows 11 people read it, but only 4 names shown.
    Last, It was read by its OP, 2 mods, and me (I replied), but I show in between the mods, whereas here I show at end of the list: is there any order/sequence to the names, or random?

Of course, if LynnK who posted just before me here goes to read that linked thread the name should appear...

Nvm, invisble mode lol... tss tss LynnK