Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Since when can we see who has viewed the thread?!

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    ...Nvm, invisble mode lol... tss tss LynnK
    LOL, I'm invisible to all except to the Mod Squad.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 10:28 AM.
    Lynn, 12-08-18, clasher and farmer, but not boomer and brawler

"When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails” --H. Jackson Brown Jr.

The Lost Little Growlithe DeltaDroid4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    ... Please go check this thread, posted 13hrs ago, replied 12hrs, but not showing LynnK who replied.
    Also shows 11 people read it, but only 4 names shown.
    Last, It was read by its OP, 2 mods, and me (I replied), but I show in between the mods, whereas here I show at end of the list: is there any order/sequence to the names, or random?

<snip>

Of course, if LynnK who posted just before me here goes to read that linked thread the name should appear...

Nvm, invisble mode lol... tss tss LynnK
    The guest view count also adds up to the view count but they obviously won't show up in the viewer list. There doesn't seem to be any order for the names. The screenshot of the list of readers of a thread I posted further up was of Darian's pinned thread on the December CoC update so if the viewer list displayed chronologically, Darian showed show first in the list followed by some of the earliest posters on that thread; since this isn't the case I assume it's displayed randomly just like the list of online forumers.

You really have too much time on your hands :smirk:
    Checking empty spaces in signatures again, huh? :smirk:
    | Level 11 | PB: 4167 | Donations: 59K | Day Old Haggis | Contest Winner |

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    We tested out the display order a long time ago (it has always been visible to mods).

It displays in chronological order. If you look at a thread again, your name will be moved from the middle to the end of the list.

But the "current" viewing doesn't show, so you will not show to yourself as having viewed the thread while you are first viewing it, unless you refresh the view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

The Lost Little Growlithe DeltaDroid4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    We tested out the display order a long time ago (it has always been visible to mods).

It displays in chronological order. If you look at a thread again, your name will be moved from the middle to the end of the list.

But the "current" viewing doesn't show, so you will not show to yourself as having viewed the thread while you are first viewing it, unless you refresh the view.
    Why was this feature added so members could view it though? I can already foresee forumers complaining that other forumers read the thread but had nothing to respond...

You really have too much time on your hands :smirk:
    Checking empty spaces in signatures again, huh? :smirk:
    | Level 11 | PB: 4167 | Donations: 59K | Day Old Haggis | Contest Winner |

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDroid4 View Post
    Why was this feature added so members could view it though? I can already foresee forumers complaining that other forumers read the thread but had nothing to respond...
    I do wonder why it’s needed.

At the same time, complaining that people read it and didn’t respond? Eh... :/ People respond if they have something to add or if they feel like it. If not, they don’t.

So again, we’re back to the first point—why? It’s not something I can imagine ever having a reason to take the time to pay attention to, personally.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDroid4 View Post
    Nick thought people always could, and when he realised they couldn't, he thought it is worth the experiment.

I don't know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I also would be interested in knowing how this feature would help forumers (Mods, I can understand).

I'm always in "invisible mode", but yet I can see my name on the current active list as well as on threads I have viewed. Is this only visible to me (and Mods/Staff) or can others see it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I also would be interested in knowing how this feature would help forumers (Mods, I can understand).

I'm always in "invisible mode", but yet I can see my name on the current active list as well as on threads I have viewed. Is this only visible to me (and Mods/Staff) or can others see it? Thanks.

:Waves invisibly: hey Tahoe... can you see me?
    Farm 136
    CoC TH10 BhB8 AQ 39 BK 30
    established level 14 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts
    GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard
    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Nope, but then I never do

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    ...I'm always in "invisible mode", but yet I can see my name on the current active list as well as on threads I have viewed. Is this only visible to me (and Mods/Staff) or can others see it? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    No, I can't see both of you. I toggled to invisible, so you shouldn't be able to see me unless you're in the Mod Squad.
    Lynn, 12-08-18, clasher and farmer, but not boomer and brawler

"When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails” --H. Jackson Brown Jr.