Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan being spammed/hacked

Clan being spammed/hacked

Kind of weird but my clan keeps having multiple TH12’s request to join and when we accept them, they keep putting in our chat to “close the clan”. Then more and more TH12’s and 11’s ask to join with “close the clan” as the message.

I know the simple resolution is to report and or don’t accept them but when trying to build a clan you can’t reject every person who asks to join due to fear of being spammed.

Has anyone else experienced this and is this a trend? Looking for help/suggestions.

Thanks!

Where do these accounts go after they leave?

Could you have made someone mad in global and now they are sending people over from their clan to mess with you?
    TH12 | LVL 197 | 60/60/26 | #PPJPPRLU
    Builder Base: BH8 | PB: 5363

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    It's pretty weird. The only thing I can think of is if the messages came through in the middle of a Clan War League and they are players from a competing team that wants you to shield your war villages from other opponents. Spying has always been a thing, but during CWL spying affects everyone in your tournament, so I could imagine a situation where other clans would want you to safeguard your layouts.

How long has this been happening, and is it possible it was CWL related?
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 17 - 622 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

It just started yesterday. I check their profile and they are jumping from clan to clan it seems like. I am never in global so no way I could’ve made someone upset.

Yesterday 2 TH12’s joined our clan with the “close your clan” message. Then 8 others requested right after.

Then today, 3 more asked to join our clan and I rejected due to yesterday’s issue.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLawrence View Post
    It just started yesterday. I check their profile and they are jumping from clan to clan it seems like. I am never in global so no way I could’ve made someone upset.

Yesterday 2 TH12’s joined our clan with the “close your clan” message. Then 8 others requested right after.

Then today, 3 more asked to join our clan and I rejected due to yesterday’s issue.
    That is really strange. Hopefully it's just something weird that a small group of players have decided to do and you can get back to recruiting new players.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 17 - 622 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

I hope so. I don’t want to reject anymore TH12’s lol

Jumping from clan to clan? Seems you are probably not their only victim.

I don't know why they think this is fun to do but they do.

Two things, report them and tell SC they are jumping from clan to clan. It's worth a try.
    Second, ignore them completely. Don't talk about it in the clan. They may have put someone in your clan so they can see your clan complaining about it.

They just want attention. Do not give it to them. Accept people as you normally would but do not discuss it in the clan if they are one of the troll pack.

Unless SC helps you, the only way to get rid of them is ignore them. That will hurt them the most.

We had a couple of 12s try to join us. If they have not gone through our process, I don't even look at their TH, I just reject, then maybe look. :P I sent a friend request to one of them. Sent him an invite. But then I saw him jumping from one clan to the next. I removed them as a friend. Now, I wonder if it was one of your troll pack.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLawrence View Post
    I hope so. I don’t want to reject anymore TH12’s lol
    Last edited by StormHeart; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:03 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Just seeing this thread.
    My clan may have also experienced some of these requests, but we auto-reject any unknown request to join
    Our clan page says: ‘Old friends always welcome, all other must pass the entrance test, whatever that is...’, we don’t accept random requests, and forgot what the test was :lol:
    I have seen some really weird th12 applying, completely out of the blue, after the cwl... but didn’t think much more of them. Often, they have already joined another clan when I reject them, but I don’t check if they hop later.

Where these th12 kinda rushed? we got some non-rushed also... we just don’t recruit.
    Anything, without naming/shaming, that can be said about these bases, their name?

PS: my clan is almost all 12s.

Some were rushed. One was “Messi” with soccer balls on both ends. Another was “James” with stars on both ends. Then a bunch of random names with emoji’s