Thread: Attacking your own base in sandbox mode

Attacking your own base in sandbox mode

I know that one of the biggest fears with making a new base design is wondering if it'll work or not or pull troops in this direction that you wanted. What if there was a way to customize an army of your choice for free (no time no resources) and then use that army to attack your own base?

We would be able to tell exactly where our weak points are, strengthen them, and practice new strategies of armies.

I think this would be a great idea for higher tiered town halls (I.E. TH8/9+) since the bases become far more complex.

Any comments or additions?

Millennial Club
    Comment: This sounds great, I'll just build my base design to match the one I'm going to attack in war...then I can sandbox it repeatedly until I figure out how to beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaster1698 View Post
    I know that one of the biggest fears with making a new base design is wondering if it'll work or not or pull troops in this direction that you wanted. What if there was a way to customize an army of your choice for free (no time no resources) and then use that army to attack your own base?

We would be able to tell exactly where our weak points are, strengthen them, and practice new strategies of armies.

I think this would be a great idea for higher tiered town halls (I.E. TH8/9+) since the bases become far more complex.

Any comments or additions?
    This isnít a new idea but itís one I have always hoped they would implement

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    Comment: This sounds great, I'll just build my base design to match the one I'm going to attack in war...then I can sandbox it repeatedly until I figure out how to beat it.
    Obviously the 24 hour cool down for challenges would still apply. Why do you think it would not?

Millennial Club
    Not obvious at all, OP didn't ask for that. If you're going to take 24 hours of cooldown every time you make any little change to your base, then sandboxing it for free instantly doesn't provide much benefit. If there's a 24 hour cooldown, you have 24 hours to build an army, no need for the instant army.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    Not obvious at all, OP didn't ask for that. If you're going to take 24 hours of cooldown every time you make any little change to your base, then sandboxing it for free instantly doesn't provide much benefit. If there's a 24 hour cooldown, you have 24 hours to build an army, no need for the instant army.
    Iím not for the instant army part. I should have been more clear. But if the 24 hour cool down was applied you could then use the instant army of that happened to be added in game as well ( which it should not be )

The obvious part is that SC isnít just going to implement an idea like this without thought and taking into account how people can try to take advantage of it. So based on how strict the change/cool down feature is itís not a stretch to say thereís no way a self attack feature would circumvent the cool down. Even if the OP overlooked it

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Iím not for the instant army part. I should have been more clear. But if the 24 hour cool down was applied you could then use the instant army of that happened to be added in game as well ( which it should not be )

The obvious part is that SC isnít just going to implement an idea like this without thought and taking into account how people can try to take advantage of it. So based on how strict the change/cool down feature is itís not a stretch to say thereís no way a self attack feature would circumvent the cool down. Even if the OP overlooked it
    Self-attack seems fine. You can basically do it now with a workaround (roughly) if you're worried about base design, funneling, etc (i.e. the copy layout features makes it easy for you and someone of roughly your equal to copy each other's layouts, then attack one another in friendly challenge). I see no reason that if something is available with a workaround within the confines of the game, that there's going to be any great way for people to take advantage of it without the workaround if all the same confines take place.

I can't see them allowing unlimited free, no training time attacks though. You can still check your base, but there's a cost associated with it.

I read "let you attack yourself in a friendly challenge" to be significantly different from what OP is suggesting with a "sandbox mode" though. I think letting you attack yourself is fine with the current friendly challenge constraints in place.

Letting people attack their own base allows people to live in a bubble and never interact with others. CoC is a social game - why would SC want this?

Also, people use regular multiplayer attacks for practice, and many of those attacks fail. With unlimited "self practice" on your own base, the number of failures in multiplayer would go down and more loot would be stolen. Do you want that?

Allowing players to FC their own base is suggested often and I always agree, it would be a nice addition.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Letting people attack their own base allows people to live in a bubble and never interact with others. CoC is a social game - why would SC want this?

Also, people use regular multiplayer attacks for practice, and many of those attacks fail. With unlimited "self practice" on your own base, the number of failures in multiplayer would go down and more loot would be stolen. Do you want that?
    You make exactly the same comment every time this is brought up. Clash by definition is a social game, allowing people to trial out their own base in no way diminishes that. As someone who would love to trial a new base design before I offer it up for friendly challenge to my clanmates, I would not turn into bubble boy just because I can pretest it. Even assuming that some fraction of a % of the population did so, why does it matter to you?

As for the unlimited self practice comment, why shouldnít people get better at attacking? They can do that today too through raiding, war, friendly challenges....this just allows them to do more and allows you to do more as well.

Banned
    Ye and it is quite annoying that any change on the base requires a 24 hour coooldown. I mean, what could I possibly accomplish with moving one trap or one building on an already used base to test a slightly different layout after a Friendly Challenge?