Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Anyone else experiencing problems with getting a war match post CWL?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    One possibility is the one you noted, that less clans are doing regular wars now after CWL. Another possibility is more players are upgrading their bases and adding defenses since it is an advantage to do so in CWL, making it even harder for odd bases/rosters to find a match in regular war.
    That's why we gave up and stop doing regular wars. It wastes a lot of time searching for a match, unless Supercell do something or some event to motivate people to start regular war.

    Same lineup, CWL first season took 30 minutes. But regular war had been searching more than 6 hours.
    Last edited by dgiba; 1 Week Ago at 08:36 PM.

  2. #22
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    That's why we gave up and stop doing regular wars. It wastes a lot of time searching for a match, unless Supercell do something or some event to motivate people to start regular war.

    Same lineup, CWL first season took 30 minutes. But regular war had been searching more than 6 hours.
    Cant compare cwl with regular war though.
    They wanted everyone in, so simply used the weight of your top 15 bases as a basis for what tier you started in.
    You were matched with 7 other clans, so is unlikely that it was same as doing 7 random spins, as it happened too quickly.
    More likely the weight placed in tier, then 7 random from within the tier, as it was being formed.
    Regular, or classic war as they now call it, takes the full roster into consideration, and tries to match. So no similar clan, no match. Need a more common break down if the one being tried isnt matching, or try a different size war. We match no problem with a stretched roster, so there must be a lot of clans already motivated enough to spin for war.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    We run odd rosters in every war and usually match in a couple hours or less unless we are trying to push boundaries.
    If you are matching other similar clans, then the roster isn’t all that odd. After all, it quickly and easily finds a clan with a similar roster.

    Quote Originally Posted by dgiba View Post
    That's why we gave up and stop doing regular wars. It wastes a lot of time searching for a match, unless Supercell do something or some event to motivate people to start regular war.

    Same lineup, CWL first season took 30 minutes. But regular war had been searching more than 6 hours.
    There is no matching in CWL.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    One th12, two th10s, a bunch of th8s and then a low account on the bottom is a very odd roster. That is not an easy one to match. I'm surprised you weren't having trouble matching before.
    Check previous posts. Many are experiencing the same. We all get the same reply. It seems there is an issue. We can only hope something is being done about it. I have found letting search run helps. Keep upgrading lower bases too.
    Not all cans are filled with th10-12. Unless SC does something to fix this they will drive away the newer players, which are potentially the future of their business.

  5. #25
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyBadness View Post
    Check previous posts. Many are experiencing the same. We all get the same reply. It seems there is an issue. We can only hope something is being done about it. I have found letting search run helps. Keep upgrading lower bases too.
    Not all cans are filled with th10-12. Unless SC does something to fix this they will drive away the newer players, which are potentially the future of their business.
    There is an issue for some, I agree. But for most, there is no need for a roster than contains only th10 to 12.
    We use a stretched roster. This war we are running from 11 down to 5, for a 15v war.
    But to get a match, there has to be someone to match with, so why shouldnt people say an odd roster makes things difficult.
    Is it not fact that each post about non matching does indeed include an uncommon roster break down.
    So far as letting the search run.. There is no reason to not let it run, unless the start time becomes an issue. In my opinion, the MMA no longer widens the search criteria as time passes, so by letting it run allows more chance of finding a suitable clan to match with.

  6. #26
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    There is an issue for some, I agree. But for most, there is no need for a roster than contains only th10 to 12.
    We use a stretched roster. This war we are running from 11 down to 5, for a 15v war.
    But to get a match, there has to be someone to match with, so why shouldnt people say an odd roster makes things difficult.
    Is it not fact that each post about non matching does indeed include an uncommon roster break down.
    So far as letting the search run.. There is no reason to not let it run, unless the start time becomes an issue. In my opinion, the MMA no longer widens the search criteria as time passes, so by letting it run allows more chance of finding a suitable clan to match with.
    Yes, let it run helps, and we find that SC has been relaxing th color matching a little bit lately, our matches getting a bit more consistent in the search time between 1-4 hours time frame, compared to 1-12 hours before cwl update
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...VLPP80/members

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  7. #27
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    854
    FWIW, main war clan last night with equal parts 12/11/10 and a few nines at 30v matched in about five minutes..... so common lineups are matching pretty quickly.

  8. #28
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Yes, let it run helps, and we find that SC has been relaxing th color matching a little bit lately, our matches getting a bit more consistent in the search time between 1-4 hours time frame, compared to 1-12 hours before cwl update
    Thanks Sam. Matching issues?.. Talk to Sam, he could get you a match.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    FWIW, main war clan last night with equal parts 12/11/10 and a few nines at 30v matched in about five minutes..... so common lineups are matching pretty quickly.
    Agree Puma. Our th7 and th5 are outliers in a 15v, but running 50% top heavy (11s and 10s) has avoided the bottom 2 becoming an issue. I will add that our bottom 2 are simply forfeit this war as they appear to have simply been ignored.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •