Thread: Traps for Miners

Fresh Spawn

Traps for Miners

It's no surprise that miners are relatively OP and there's not really any type of defense to help thwart a miner attack while every other troop has some kind of trap or defense which works against its OP capabilities.

So I had an idea a few weeks ago, messaged it to SC support and they told me that it was one of the best ideas they've ever received and that I should post it here.

The idea: Why not have some kind of underground mines or better yet, perhaps 2 traps for TH11 and below, TH 12 could potentially get 3, to help defend against the OP miners?

I was thinking that was something like that implemented, it could be handled in two different ways. Much like many of the other specialized defenses as it currently stands.

It could be such that an underground trap could have 2 settings.

Setting 1 - Explosion setting: Could cover 4 tiles diameter and do one explosion with X amount of damage to miners, upgrading will obviously increase total damage per explosion.

Setting 2 - Trap setting: Could cover 6 tiles and stop miners in the area for 1 sec to start and ultimately when maxed out, 2 seconds. This trap would expose the miners at the surface and allow the defender's defenses to attack the miners.

This could either be handled as:

a) if the defenses are already engaged with enemies in the immediate vicinity, they might not necessarily hit the miners until defenses become available.

OR;

it could be such that when a mine is tripped, all defenses in the vicinity fire at them, so the attacker can strategize troop movement during this period.

Or any other way which gives both attacker and defender an even-equal opportunity.

This way, attackers would have to anticipate these and where they might be, and thus strategize where they place miners and how they'll move rather than just being able to dump an insane amount of them anywhere without any forethought and wipe a base out.

Thoughts?

well placed bomb towers, giant bombs, and skeletons traps near wiz towers can decimate a miner attack, not to mention some valks in cc...poof 0 star.

My opinion is that the bombs and giant bombs can be placed underground once they are sufficiently levelled up (th10 level at least) to combat miners.
    Or maybe a new trap-TNT/dynamite for this purpose, from th10/11 onwards.

Why would you want to put them underground, they already hit miners, if they were underground then they wouldn’t be able to hit any other troop

maestro, you’re th9, what makes you think that extra traps are required to combat miners?
    Last edited by Lozzle89; November 22nd, 2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozzle89 View Post
    Why would you want to put them underground, they already hit miners, if they were underground then they wouldn’t be able to hit any other troop

maestro, you’re th9, what makes you think that extra traps are required to combat miners?
    I was just suggesting that either there could be a way to make existing traps be placed underground or that we could have a new one which can be done so.
    I thought that people can be given the opportunity to protect their bases from mass miner attacks if they need it by using traps to more effect.
    The new traps can also be given option of ground if one wants to.

I think this idea is a good one but I don't like the bomb explosion. Maybe a quick sand idea that exposes them and slows them much like the tornado trap. Then the miners can be held longer and defenses would have an opportunity to target them

Or make the most logical change and increase the housing space by 2. This limits the number of miners and allows the defense to work.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozzle89 View Post

I see many-a-miner attack which seem to work around/under all traps without setting any of them off. And I've never seen a troop underground set off an above ground trap. Perhaps you just haven't seen this yet?

In war, many anti 3-star bases, we place traps not necessarily inside perimeters, rather outside near other defenses which are outside the perimeter.

I, for one, see plenty of people who have HORRIBLE attacks which should, by very definition make no sense, wind up 3-starring bases...

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SHADES View Post
    I see many-a-miner attack which seem to work around/under all traps without setting any of them off. And I've never seen a troop underground set off an above ground trap. Perhaps you just haven't seen this yet?

In war, many anti 3-star bases, we place traps not necessarily inside perimeters, rather outside near other defenses which are outside the perimeter.

I, for one, see plenty of people who have HORRIBLE attacks which should, by very definition make no sense, wind up 3-starring bases...
    You don't have any experience yourself using miners, do you? Most people who complain they are OP have zero experience using them. Saying you've never seen miners hit say a spring trap speaks volumes.

There is already a trap that kills miners, its called a skeleton trap. Works very very effectively. So effectively in fact, there is no need for anything anti-miner.