Page 51 of 171 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There is no matchmaking in CWL

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Awww Rephy, I still love you.

To answer the OP, we are not going to be capping TH levels. One of the biggest incentives we've been pushing since the introduction of Clan Games is to get players to upgrade. All of this was in preparation for the War Leagues. While playing skill is a large factor in performance, having superior firepower and great defenses are also part of that skillset. Limiting those stands as an antithesis of the goal of the War Leagues.
    Awesome! That’s the way CWL should be! My clan loves CWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge0904 View Post
    I read in the forums somewhere the CWL matching making was done by taking the top 15 players of the clan ( # of entries has no bearing ) and matching you with other clans with similar weights.

The top 15 players listed for US are our top 15 players in the clan ... We couldn't enter a stronger team.

US ..........vs..........THEM

TH12 ................... TH12
    TH11 ................... TH12
    TH11 ................... TH11
    TH10 ................... TH11
    TH9 ..................... TH11
    TH9 ..................... TH10

Heroes Top 10 players each team ( BK, AQ, GW)

US.....(23,39,20) (47,50,20) (40,42,05) (40,40,xx) (40,40,xx) (37,40,x) (40,40,x) (37,40,x) (26,30,x) (26,30,x)
    THEM (60,50,50) (39,48,19) (48,50,20) (39,50,16) (33,40,12) (30,33,8) (29,30,4) (26,26,1) (32,37,x) (28,37,x)

We are a Level 6 clan and they are Level 12

Their defenses are equal to or better than their mirrors.

5 of 7 of their TH11's have Eagle Artillery.

Our 6 TH9's are matched with 5 TH10's and 1 TH11 ..

I'm sorry for releasing my frustration but I am totally confused.

Every one of the their TH10's have both level 3 infernos and three Xbows ..

Does anyone have a link to a war weight calculator?
    Well you did ask us to correct you if you are wrong....
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

I have often complained about normal war match ups, and the consensus answer on the forums has been: the match up may be fairer than you think when you take into account heroes, skill etc. And often enough what I took to be an unfair match up was a close war.

My experience after 3 CWL weeks is that town hall count is a very poor indicator of how you will do. We started in Crystal II with 3 TH12 and stayed there due to some poor attacking and weak strategies. We were promoted in each of seasons 2 and 3, so we are now in Masters III, with 4 TH12 (one new), 5 TH11, 6 TH10. I am expecting that we will not do very well, and that we will be outgunned in TH12s.

But we were generally outgunned in TH levels in Crystal II and III. Obviously additional firepower helps: a good TH12 will always beat a good TH11. More 280 armies and max troops really helps. BUT in my view, the key determinants of success include:

Base design
    Attacking skill (individual)
    Attacking strategy (clan)

We probably score about 7/10 on each of those and that is enough to do well against superior TH12 count. In our last CWL there was a clan with no TH12s but a lot of max TH11 (they were a feeder clan for a serious war clan). I would score them 9/10 on base design (tough to 3* even with a dip) and 9/10 on attacking skill (they could nearly all 3* same TH level). We lost on % to them and beat them to promotion by one or two stars over the week.

Cheers

Chilli
    black fire
    #29LLY8PV

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    Kind of, yes. If you play backups in any competition, you're likely to do worse than if you played your best people.
    Well, pretty much. Sorry you guys, who started playing this game later than others.
    You won't get chance playing in league wars.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleCallMeMaurice View Post
    I don’t know why it is so difficult for people to understand .... THERE IS NO MATCHMAKING. If you are outmatched that bad in all 7 wars of this CWL then you are in too high of a league. A high school sports team may dominate 2-3 tournaments that they participate but they would be crushed in a college tournament. When that happens they get matched with HS teams next time. Please learn to accept that life is not always “fair”. A small coffee shop will NEVER compete with Starbucks in terms of yearly revenue. Why should a clan with 2 th12 get the same league and rewards as a clan of 15 th12?

Tell that to the Washington Generals. Poor guys have been losing to the Globetrotters for years with no reprieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccaroni View Post
    When is this going to be sorted, we’ve had people leave because it’s immpossible unless the other clans don’t attack. This first war we have 3 th10’s (no inferno’s), 6 th9’s (some no xbows) 4 th 8’s and 2 th7’s against 4 th12 (with inferno’s), 2 th11’s, 8 th10’s and 1 th9: we have put all our top player in that we’re included. #Q2CPRLU0 Argonauts. We just got maxed obviously. 4 cwl’s Now and match ups are getting worse!
    What did you expect? Did you expect you could just keep winning and getting promoted and never stop winning? That is an unreasonable expectation. You are going to win about 50% of your wars, just like most other clans. You will get promoted and get beat up, get demoted and beat up on some other clans, etc. By the way, you should build some infernos if you care about league wars.

The fisrt war we had 7 bad match ups but the other clans had no idea and no structure. Also some just didn’t attack. 2nd we had one easy match up and 1-2 reasonable. The rest terrible but again poorly run clans and some didn’t attack. Last one we had maybe 1 reasonable and the rest poor but again some people didn’t attack. This new one has the match ups above. Out of 16 wins we probably should’ve won maybe 3 or 4. We persevered thinking it would improve but it has got worse. When people are quitting because of this ♥♥♥♥ it makes it harder. The game has been dying for a while but this is fast tracking it
    It isn’t a “bad match” if the other team is unskilled. That is the point of the league matching system. They might have more power, but have less skill, organization, desire, etc. CWL has increased activity in my clan. We look forward to it every month. Even this month, where we know we will get beat up since we will have 4-8 less th12s each war, we still look forward to the challenge. We assume we won’t win much and will get demoted back to the league where we won 6 wars last time. It evens out.

We have been ridiculously outmatched for all of them but because some clans are with intentionally losing, poor clans, bad attacks or just forgetful we have won some. The match ups were based on the attongest 15 people in clan entered. How the hell does that apply when the mismatches have been so drastic. I wouldn’t have ghought this level should have people of these levels so obviously sc still haven’t sorted or these clans are manipulating it.
    Again, it isn’t a bad match when the clan is a poor clan, bad at attacking, unorganized, etc. There is no matchmaking, as others have said here. Only your initial placement was based on the top 15. Every season since then it doesn’t matter who is in your clan or on your roster.

Quote Originally Posted by zxparesh3 View Post
    By broken I meant that TH12s are matched against TH10/11. Now I don't want people to repeat all these stuff to prove that CWL is just skill based, but let's just agree that it's matching is not perfect at all. There always is clan which are at advantage by some means.
    No one argues it is “just” skill based. It is immediately apparent to everyone that power has a lot to do with it as well, at least outside of the very top leagues where it is all max th12s. Of course there are clans with an advantage. That could be skill, power, organization, willingness to commit more time to plan, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaai View Post
    I'd say this system is pretty flawed. You basically can't put lower THs from your clan to war unless you want to be demoted.

Basically this system removes any chance of lower THs to get into league war.

Results don't show the power and skill of clan, but only of the best players in it.

Our clan would gladly give a chance to every player in it, but that would result it total loss.
    I do agree one flaw is the disadvantage of playing lower players in the clan. I would love it if SC would allow us to create a second clan, link them together to allow free flow of players, donations, chat, etc. so we can run another CWL team. That would also result in more teams in CWL which would fill in the tiers and allow more tiers to be added. Adding more tiers would reduce the power gap between tiers, which would make it less of an incentive to drop down or stay at a lower tier for extra medals.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

I love a close war.
    We lost by one star.

We had a 99%, 2 98%s, a 48% one-star, and a 94% one-star.

They had 2 50% two stars and a 52% two star.

Sometimes you just can't catch a break. I would love to blame the referees, but I am not a Seahawks fan.

Notice I said nothing about the town hall count. Sometimes it is all about how you play the game.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Sibeto View Post
    Don't worry, people would have you believe "it is skill based", Th8 can take on th12 and th11s lol.
    No one who knows what they are talking about claims it is skill based any more. That was mis-stated early on and has carried on a life of its own. CWL is performance based. Two things, primarily feed into this performance...attacking skill and base strength. So, skill is only one part of the equation. In certain circumstances, each can play a larger role than the other. For instance, if (as you point out in your TH8 v th12 comment) your clan is horribly outmatched then skill will play virtually no part in your result. On the other hand if you are evenly matched (or maybe somewhat close) then skill will be the deciding factor. Between those two there's room for both to play a part. We're against a clan in Cr2 that has 7 TH12. We have 0. And yet we're winning with both clans doing all our attacks. In this case, we have enough skill to overcome their base strength advantage.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #509
    Quote Originally Posted by zxparesh3 View Post
    By broken I meant that TH12s are matched against TH10/11. Now I don't want people to repeat all these stuff to prove that CWL is just skill based, but let's just agree that it's matching is not perfect at all. There always is clan which are at advantage by some means.
    There is no matching to be "not perfect", so no, I don't agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibeto View Post
    Progression can only go so fast. Superior means greater, therefore why are they in our league ? As i have stated, going up in a league should be more difficult but i dont think god like is appropriate. It is crystal 1, not champion 1. Like i have proven, these clans should not be in this league. I would love to see Supercell average stats for crystal league 1. I guarantee you it will not be what i have provided.
    It is probably fairly close to your makeup actually. Ours isn't that different to yours, and we started in Crystal 1, but are now in Masters 3.

The one you listed certainly should be higher, but quite a few clans deliberately put in lower bases to get an easy first war, and are now progressing up through the leagues as they have added in their stringer bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)