Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

People still have not bothered to read the basic mechanics of CWL.

Inside your tier are clans, some stronger, some weaker.

The strong move up. the weak move down.

The road goes on forever, and the party never ends.

May not be the skills you were thinking of, but upgrade path, farming upgrades, resource management, roster management, war coordination and communication are all skills.

Th clan that can advance the most between CWLs will have an advantage over a stagnant clan, to provide just one example.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; November 20th, 2018 at 09:57 PM.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

I am shocked, shocked to discover that someone actually put an engineer into a CWL after so many on the forums assured me it would never happen!

(Your winnings, Inspector).
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.

Bah.
    Just tell me how a clan like #LYCG0L9G can be matched with #9UYCPVU0, #V2Q220P, #Y82R0RV9 and #888URL0Y
    All these clans have 15 or more th12 maxed, we have just 5 th12 not maxed, same th11, th10 and th9.

I guess the right slogan for LWC should be: use 15 maxed village and you won mostly time.

Quote Originally Posted by GrogBetatester View Post
    We were Maste2 and passed to Master1.
    Record... uh? After 1 LCW? We won 5 wars and lost 2. 2nd place.
    In Season 1, all/most of the 15+ mostly maxed TH 12 clans would have been placed in Master 1. Only 25% of the clans in Master 1 would have moved up to Champions 3. Also, 25% of Master 1 would have moved down to Master 2, but I suspect most of those were clans without a full compliment of 15 TH 12s. This means that close to 75% of the 15+ mostly maxed TH 12 are still in Master 1, with roughly 25% of them looking to move up in season 2.

You took second in Master 2 with a 5-2 record, which bumped you up to Master 1 this season. So your clan is roughly right where it's supposed to be in the current state of things. CWL is a ladder system with no matchmaking. Some wars and 8 clan groups will be more difficult than others. But that's the nature of the random draw of clans all belonging in the same tier. This is compounded by the fact that Champion 3-1 was intentionally left empty so clans didn't automatically go straight to the top (where we'll eventually find most 15+ TH 12 clans). CWL is designed so that clans will win about 50% of their wars (3-4 each season). Clans that do better than this will move up until they reach this equilibrium. Likewise, clans that do worse will move down until they are in a tier that better suits their clans strength and skill.
    Last edited by zank44; November 15th, 2018 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericvon View Post
    So. We are in the 2nd round of the CWL. And my thoughts have ...in my simple mind have come true.

During the first round I believe clans "sandbagged" themselves by only using lower town hall lvls to get into a lower tier. And now in the 2nd round they run all their top town halls to dominate for the next few rounds.

Yes I know this will eventually even out but in the meantime it makes clans like mine want to take this game and *************.

Also it seems SuperCell wants nothing but townhall 12s to actually be able to thrive in this CWL. And doesn't give a **** about those clans that have all levels of town halls. And since only 15 can war at a time in CWL it would make no sense to let your lower town halls participate because by nature you want to win! Maybe Super Cell is trying to change how we think as a species...idk.

It might be different if the whole clan could enjoy the rewards that the top 15 have achieved. But instead Super Cell has alienated those in the lower ranks of the clan. And boy does that make everyone happy!

This is our first CWL and I understand we were placed in our tier by our top 15 war weights. We were placed in Crystal II. here is our 15....

1 TH 12. 3 TH 11. 7 TH 10. 2 TH 9. 2 TH 8

THEM

5 TH 12. 6 TH 11. 2 TH 10. 1 TH 9. 1 TH 8

this is their 2nd CWL. Find it hard to believe we were matched up with them if they ran that lineup the first CWL.

None of them are engineered. They are all full defenses for their TH lvl...

This is my last CWL I will participate in.....least for now... perhaps once everyone is done "gaming" the system it will get better...till then. I'm done...

If you have not seen them attack yet, wait until such time as they do. Already today I have seen a #1 TH11 1* a th9 with dragon spam, and another get 2* 99% against a TH8.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    Last cwl we won all 7 and were outmatched every war. It is also how well they attack too. This time we will see.
    This is an oxymoron if you won all 7 times it was in fact them who was outmatched. This is exactly what they mean by skill based you will find your 50% win bracket and they theirs when previously you would probably have dominated and them been perpetually crushed for not “pulling thier weight”. CWL fixes all these problems it’s wonderful

Bah.
    Just tell me how a clan like #LYCG0L9G can be matched with #9UYCPVU0, #V2Q220P, #Y82R0RV9 and #888URL0Y
    All these clans have 15 or more th12 maxed, we have just 5 th12 not maxed, same th11, th10 and th9.

I guess the right slogan for LWC should be: use 15 maxed village and you won mostly time.
    There is no matching. That is what you seem to be missing. You were placed in a specific league originally based on the strength of your top 15. If you finished in the top 2 you moved up to the next tier and will face stiffer competition. That necessarily means stronger town halls.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; November 15th, 2018 at 05:51 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

A suggestion against new engeneerized clans

With CLW, a new way of engeneerizing started: pull as many th12 you can, easily win a LW, then leave them go another place.
    If you have 2 or more clans, you can also swap from 1 to another, and always win easy medals (while the lower th lose their LWC and go 1 level down....).

May be same fix to avoid this?
    i.e. set a cooldown time in order to change clan (better, to sign up for another LWC in another clan), or same similar?
    i.e. cannot swap from a clan to another too quickly under certain condictions?

Bah.

that strategy would work for a while, but very quickly you would match very strong clans that would beat you, about half the time. You would only win when you displayed a higher level of skill.

But isn't that your original complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    This is not exactly true right now. This will (hopefully) be true when things balance out.
    We got matched in masters 3 last CWL and won 5 of 7, this CWL We matched against all Asian clans, the first one is a FWA clan with an impressive 2 wins, and 497 losses in their war log. The kicker is we have 5 TH12, the rest are TH11, they have an all TH12 roster. I think this first war might be the only win we get providing the other side will let us.

If supercell is to balance out CWL, they are going to need to rethink how they are even going to score it. The aspect that is the biggest problem is carrying over rank from one season to the next which was their whole slogan (7 clans go in, some clans come out).

If they keep carry over but make it more restrictive, some clans may never match, if they do initial seeding every CWL it fixes the problem but then CWL is basically just clan wars with 1 attack.