Page 181 of 197 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1969

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1801
    Quote Originally Posted by BREEZO View Post
    We are a new clan and experiencing clan league wars extremely difficult.
    Eg: we have 3 not fully upgraded th12 up against 7 th12 from the opposing team. They bases aswell are not fully upgraded. We got our asses kicked. Is it not possible to rearrange war tactic or matchmaking by

    Eg.. 2 x th12 vs 2 x th12
    5 x th 11 x 5 th 11 etc.......that is now matchmaking...where everything is equal and we put our tactics to work. Not some idiot from th12 takung on maxed troops vs new th11 that never even start upgrades yet....they cleaned me out in 1min 30sec...so unfair.
    No, we can'[t have that. There is intentionally no matchmaking of that type in CWL. It is a purely performance based ladder system. That is not going to change.

    But i understand supercell are taking the time to sort this out. Hope it does soon.

    All the best...thanx

    You understand wrongly. It is working as intended, and Supercell have no intention whatsoever of "sorting it out".
    Last edited by Ajax; July 5th, 2019 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  2. #1802
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    479
    After the reworking of the rewards system, the system is for the most part functioning as intended. Nonweighted matchmaking is what makes CWL unique. If you want weighted matchmaking, play Clan Wars. Yes, there are troll clans that only care about having a 100% winrate, and dead clans that end up with TH9s and Th10s in low silver or high bronze, but these issues are not widespread like the pre-april medal farmers. Most of the issues just need time to sort out.
    Last edited by Rascal2013; July 5th, 2019 at 09:44 PM.

  3. #1803
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by BREEZO View Post
    We are a new clan and experiencing clan league wars extremely difficult.
    Eg: we have 3 not fully upgraded th12 up against 7 th12 from the opposing team. They bases aswell are not fully upgraded. We got our asses kicked. Is it not possible to rearrange war tactic or matchmaking by

    Eg.. 2 x th12 vs 2 x th12
    5 x th 11 x 5 th 11 etc.......that is now matchmaking...where everything is equal and we put our tactics to work. Not some idiot from th12 takung on maxed troops vs new th11 that never even start upgrades yet....they cleaned me out in 1min 30sec...so unfair.

    But i understand supercell are taking the time to sort this out. Hope it does soon.

    All the best...thanx
    For those that are used to seeing matching as seen in regular war it will seem odd.
    And if you are a new clan, eg.. if it is your first cwl season, then you will have placed higher than your weight probably should have, since the weighting system for induction season is outdated.

    But if you are expecting any sort of hall parity in cwl, it wont happen.. ever.
    Since it is non weighted, then you bring what you have.
    Your tier is determined by performance in the previous season.
    Top 2 go up, bottom 2 go down, till you reach masters, then only 1 goes up.

    So it is likely that, unless you are a rubbish clan, you will see a power disadvantage regularly.
    But the aim is to be consistent over 7 daily events, and accumulate as many stars as possible.

    For those that run mixed hall, and especially if light on the 12s, then running 30v is the safer option in my opinion.
    If you win less wars, then those 10 bonus stars for a win are virtually nullified in 30v, due to the 90 stars per day on offer.

    If, as a clan, you cant handle being at a disadvantage in war, then cwl is not for you.
    Most of those heavier rosters are dwelling in the basement tiers for a reason tho.. they simply arent very good.

  4. #1804

    War Matching System Super Buggy

    There is a major problem in how the system finds and matches clans up for wars. For instance this current clan war league our clan is severely over matched by the other clans. They are so top heavy all the way down to the bottom to where our lower level clan members cannot even attack. This current War thour match up was 6 TH12's , TH11 total was 6, th 10 8 and a few scattered 9 8 and maybe 1 7. This makes it for a non enjoyable event and people not wanting to attack. Please fix this bug!

  5. #1805
    Forum Master wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    10,271
    there is NO matchmaking in cwl. it is a ladder system and matching is complete random in the leagues.

  6. #1806
    Wow, after having CWL implemented into the game for over 6 months now, the player base still seems to be spilt amongst those that like it and those that hate it. One good thing about CWL that almost everyone can agree on is the amazing rewards.

    I’m confused on how most people say CWL doesn’t have matchmaking. Yes, I know CWL doesn’t use a balance or war weight system to match 8 clans against each other, and yes, I know CWL matches 8 clans that are in the same CWL league together. But to say that CWL doesn’t use matchmaking seems to be a false statement to me. I say this because in my experience it takes about two hours to six hours to match 7 other clans for CWL. I don’t believe it should take that long to match 7 other clans if the only factor to CWL matching is by matching 8 clans that are in the same league. There must be other factors involved to cause the search time to be so long. The only factors I noticed that CWL doesn’t use (imo) is war weight, clan trophies, and war record.

    My conclusion: CWL does use a matchmaking system because CWL searches take to long to simply match 8 clans that are in the same league. There must be other factors involved which causes the search times to be longer than one hour. Imo one hour should be long enough to match 8 clans for CWL. But, to just say CWL doesn’t use matchmaking because SC hasn’t told us all the factors used to make CWL matchups, and that no one has figured it out yet doesn’t mean CWL doesn’t use matchmaking.

    Now I can obviously be wrong and I’m sure someone will tell me that soon, but that’s my two cents on CWL matchmaking.

    On a side note, I hope I have figured out one of the factors though. My second clan will test something new to see if we get a more fair matchup. If my hypothesize is right then SC used (imo) a dumb factor to help determine CWL matchups, but I highly doubt that this possible factor could influence CWL matching. Also, I will not discuss my hypothesize or the possible factor as it could have a small chance of effecting the results.

    Now here is my 2 cents on CWL as that’s what this thread became even though it started out about CWL using matchmaking or not.
    I’m not a fan of CWL, I like the idea of CWL but I believe SC failed to make CWL fun, competitive, and entertaining for majority of clashers. I say this because I have joined 6 different clans (amongst my different accounts) since my first CWL in March (ya, I was late to the party compared to most here). All six clans vary in skill/talent department and weight. The clans vary from an extremely good war clan (the clan is mixed with ex pro/semi-pro clashers) to a bad clan. A bad clan to me means a clan with clashers that can’t three star a base that is even weighted to their own. Each of those clans dislike CWL due to not being able to fairly compete. And what I mean by fairly compete is that these clans face other clans that have 5 to 8 more town hall 12s and are at a disadvantage at the other town hall levels too.
    Basically, we always faced a huge mismatch 70% plus in most of the wars during CWL. CWL is so unfun that I have seen one of my clans do CWL in a second CWL clan until we continued to face awful match ups, so now they have started to do CWL in a third clan that’s ranked lower. And so now they have become the clan no one wants to face in CWL because its a huge mismatch for the other clans.

    CWL misses the most important thing a game or game mode should be and that’s fun and that’s due to mismatches. I don’t know how anyone can say partaking in an unfair match is fun.

    Here is my current clan’s CWL so far.

    Our 1st Line Up CWL 1st Opp. Line Up Our 2Nd Line Up 2nd Opp. Line Up
    3-TH 12s 7-TH 12s 4-TH 12s 13-TH 12s
    6-TH 11s 6-TH 11s 6- TH 11s 2-TH 11s
    5- TH 10s 2-TH 10s 5- TH 10s
    1 TH 9
    Our 3rd Line Up 3rd Opp. Line Up
    5-TH 12s 12-TH 12s
    6- TH 11s 3-TH 11s
    4- TH 10s

    I don’t know how anyone could say these match ups are fun or competitive. Its one sided and pointless if it wasn’t for CWL medals.
    Competitiveness is the second most important thing for a PvE or PvP game, but CWL isn’t competitive until you’re lucky enough to have an almost fair match up or if you’re in an all town hall 12 CWL. If someone could explain how my clan’s above scenario is competitive and not unfair I’m willing to listen (well in this case read). Oh, and this is in Crystal 1 league and it’s this clans 5th CWL in Crystal 1. So, CWL misses the two keystones needed to be an attractive game mode to most people. Most people I have talked to in game and discord say the only reason they even partake in CWL is for the medals and I’m no different.
    Now I’m going to talk about the changes I think SC should do to CWL. I only include this because I think it’s important when criticizing to give feedback on how to improve the things that are being criticized. Now obviously the first two recommendation will need testing for effectiveness before being implemented. And yes, I realize 1. and 2. will increase search times but I’m ok with that if the end result is better/ more fair match ups.

    1. Make a town hall scaling factor into CWL matchmaking. Scaling factor should only apply to Masters 1 through Gold 3 and I will list each one. These seem to be the top leagues that people are unsatisfied with. Champion 3-1 should remain the same as its fine. See IMG. CoC Rec. 1 table.jpg


    2. Add a maximum weight a clan can have for a given league. For example to be in Crystal 2 my clan’s CWL spin roster has to be lower than X weight. If we exceed that weight we have to be promoted to Crystal 1 and have to do CWL in that league. However, if you fall below X weight you will not be demoted. Also, maximum weight can NOT promote a clan higher than Crystal 1. This will keep Masters 3-1 and Champions 3-1 as they are.

    3. All 3 of my recommendations are unlikely to be used but this one is more so than the other two. Completely get rid of how CWL works and redo the whole game mode. I have a suggestion for this, but I don’t believe this is the right thread for that. So, I may edit this post and add the link once I post my true concept of how SC should do CWL.

    Could someone explain the it’s expected to win 50% of your wars during CWL to me. I read that user 2222 keep saying that when I was glancing through the different pages but never saw how he got to this conclusion or why it’s important?
    It’s funny Clan War used to receive the same hate and love from the player base but CWL took it to a whole new level. Hopefully it will not take SC 3 or 4 years to fix.
    Last edited by DevinKingofClash; July 6th, 2019 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Needed to change para. spacing and numbering

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1807
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinKingofClash View Post
    Wow, after having CWL implemented into the game for over 6 months now, the player base still seems to be spilt amongst those that like it and those that hate it. One good thing about CWL that almost everyone can agree on is the amazing rewards.

    Iím confused on how most people say CWL doesnít have matchmaking. Yes, I know CWL doesnít use a balance or war weight system to match 8 clans against each other, and yes, I know CWL matches 8 clans that are in the same CWL league together. But to say that CWL doesnít use matchmaking seems to be a false statement to me. I say this because in my experience it takes about two hours to six hours to match 7 other clans for CWL. I donít believe it should take that long to match 7 other clans if the only factor to CWL matching is by matching 8 clans that are in the same league. There must be other factors involved to cause the search time to be so long. The only factors I noticed that CWL doesnít use (imo) is war weight, clan trophies, and war record.

    My conclusion: CWL does use a matchmaking system because CWL searches take to long to simply match 8 clans that are in the same league. There must be other factors involved which causes the search times to be longer than one hour. Imo one hour should be long enough to match 8 clans for CWL. But, to just say CWL doesnít use matchmaking because SC hasnít told us all the factors used to make CWL matchups, and that no one has figured it out yet doesnít mean CWL doesnít use matchmaking.

    Now I can obviously be wrong and Iím sure someone will tell me that soon, but thatís my two cents on CWL matchmaking.
    You are wrong. It doesn't use any form of weighted matching.

    The long search times occur by design, in order to prevent clans colluding to match each other. And this is official I formation from Supercell, not player speculation.

    Now here is my 2 cents on CWL as thatís what this thread became even though it started out about CWL using matchmaking or not.
    Iím not a fan of CWL, I like the idea of CWL but I believe SC failed to make CWL fun, competitive, and entertaining for majority of clashers.
    I don't. There are a significant number don't fi d itfun, but I don't believe that to be anywhere near a majority.

    I say this because I have joined 6 different clans (amongst my different accounts) since my first CWL in March (ya, I was late to the party compared to most here). All six clans vary in skill/talent department and weight. The clans vary from an extremely good war clan (the clan is mixed with ex pro/semi-pro clashers) to a bad clan. A bad clan to me means a clan with clashers that canít three star a base that is even weighted to their own.
    So most clans that are predominantly TH10+ are "bad clans" in your book.


    Now Iím going to talk about the changes I think SC should do to CWL. I only include this because I think itís important when criticizing to give feedback on how to improve the things that are being criticized. Now obviously the first two recommendation will need testing for effectiveness before being implemented. And yes, I realize 1. and 2. will increase search times but Iím ok with that if the end result is better/ more fair match ups.

    1. Make a town hall scaling factor into CWL matchmaking. Scaling factor should only apply to Masters 1 through Gold 3 and I will list each one. These seem to be the top leagues that people are unsatisfied with. Champion 3-1 should remain the same as its fine. See IMG. CoC Rec. 1 table.jpg


    2. Add a maximum weight a clan can have for a given league. For example to be in Crystal 2 my clanís CWL spin roster has to be lower than X weight. If we exceed that weight we have to be promoted to Crystal 1 and have to do CWL in that league. However, if you fall below X weight you will not be demoted. Also, maximum weight can NOT promote a clan higher than Crystal 1. This will keep Masters 3-1 and Champions 3-1 as they are.

    3. All 3 of my recommendations are unlikely to be used but this one is more so than the other two. Completely get rid of how CWL works and redo the whole game mode. I have a suggestion for this, but I donít believe this is the right thread for that. So, I may edit this post and add the link once I post my true concept of how SC should do CWL.
    If you think 3 is less likely to be implemented than 1 or 2, then you clearly haven't understood the concept. Doing either 1 or 2 would require 3 because it would be such a radical change 5o the whole concept.

    Could someone explain the itís expected to win 50% of your wars during CWL to me. I read that user 2222 keep saying that when I was glancing through the different pages but never saw how he got to this conclusion or why itís important?
    That is how a ladder system works. Apart from the very top & bottom, all those playing in a true ladder system will eventually find a point of equilibrium, where they win as many as they lose.

    Prior to the change in how medals were awarded, this was definitely a faulty system because far too many clans were sandbagging, rather than trying to do as well as they can.

    There are still a few doing that, but it seems to be far fewer. It is now much closer to a properly functioning ladder.

    Itís funny Clan War used to receive the same hate and love from the player base but CWL took it to a whole new level. Hopefully it will not take SC 3 or 4 years to fix.
    It doesn't need fixing, beyond a few minor tweaks.

    They are NOT going to introduce weighted matchmaking, because that changes the whole concept of a performance based ladder system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  8. #1808
    The system is good. People need to focus on just doing their best.
    toigher clans will move up, while weaker clans may move down (and be a tougher clan at a lower league.
    Seasons also become more ballanced over time, as the outliers move up or down.
    You are also BETTER OFF medal wise punching above your weight it a higher league,
    than in an easier league where you win more... so keep upgrading your bases and troops to do better next season.
    if your clan is changing lineup a lot season to season then you will have an easier or tougher time.

    Persoanl,y I have a th12 account in a master II clan, and almost every war is against full 12s,
    and I have a th9 which is in crystal iI, last war I got a 2 star against a 10, this war a 3 on an 8.
    we are currently placing 3rd on the table but still have to verse the top 2.
    We won't be on the top or bottom of the table... so it is balanced.
    Some wars you won't have much of a chance but I find a lot come down to good attacks.

    even at master II a lot of wars can be won with nothing but 2 star hits from everyone.
    1 star hits always hurt a lot, and basically undo any 3 star hits.

    if you are consistently placing very low on the table then maybe it's time to drop strategically.
    It is probably worse for medals, but might help your ego if that is more important...

  9. #1809
    Forum Veteran MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    His other thread said they were in Crystal 3.
    This is the level we are playing for our 6th consecutive season.

    His rant was simply about a single match, but the underlying current was that they wanted weighted matching, so their skill advantage could come to the fore.
    Obviously, with over 400 wins, and not being able to compete in Crystal 3 suggests they war quite light.

    We run 1 real 12, my not so rushed these days 12, and a 12 that is heavy enough, but cant decide on an attacking strategy, and have survived into our 6th season.
    We do of course do 30v nowadays, which any clan with mixed hall should be doing, if they have the numbers.

    Previous seasons of course, we have had the luxury of being able to sit a 12 or two in as dummy bases, simply to maintain a better defensive ability, without any attacks being available, but our leader turned blonde this month for a short spell. just long enough to throw in 30 green lights.
    But why would you rant about a single match? Like not expecting it? There are tools for CWL to have a gauge of what your next matchups will look like, and then just roster accordingly. If they had over 400 wins, I would assume they would be planning their CWL to it's full potential, some wars you can't win. Just go for stars in these kind of wars and focus on everyone getting attacks in unless it is not possible to gain stars in which case there are other wars. CWL doesn't really count for anything unless you are going to push so might as well focus on stars and the most amount of medals possible for any TH that wants into war, and don't sweat the decent attacks that go sour.

    Our CWL is basically on monster, we are currently running 2 clans with a total of 83 bases in war and still like 20-30 not even in CWL. I was expecting we would end up losing most wars in Crystal 1 this season but instead are likely to win 6 of 7 wars and maybe be promoted. Maybe lucky?
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; July 6th, 2019 at 09:19 AM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

  10. #1810
    Senior Member ClashPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    246

    Unfair CWL matchmaking

    We did a 15v15 cwl war.
    T
    We have about 10 th10s and a couple of other th9s and th8s
    We are in gold league 2.

    The thing is. .
    We were matched unfairly.

    Every other clan has a th11 or th12.
    One had 10 th12s.
    Most of the others had about 5 th12s and 5 th11s.

    We are stuck and struggling.
    In overall its beyond unfair.
    They are crushing us.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •