Page 171 of 189 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1885

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There is no matchmaking in CWL

Quote Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
    There is a fix. In 2 days, your clan will be demoted to a lower league. You won't have to worry about those other clans next time.
    sooo true.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I am with Tosti.. No data to present, just gut feeling that it could all go south again if the weights were fluid season on season.

I do agree that they need an update. The average roster is far heavier than on season 1. But move it and leave it would be my vote.

So far as working out weights, I dont see why having both off and def weights included should be a problem.
    If def is x and off is y, then if they keep both values the same, simply add the 2 for a total.
    That way, a totally defensive roster could "match" a totally offensive one, or a 50/50 balance and all the percentages either side.

But a figure could be worked out that would give no build type any real on paper advantage.
    Our first CWL was pretty even across the board and I think we won 5 of 7 wars.

I don't really see why you would need offense weight for CWL, it would be more complicated for minimal impact. Initial seeding only happens once for every clan and noob clans will be of some average weight and spin with whatever. If you are talking about matching offense and defense within clans already seeded among each other, then that would be a no-go cause it would break CWL.

Let's say we are only taking the average defense weight of the top 15 in CWL as our measurement. In the first 4 hours of CWL search day (or possibly longer), initial seeding clans aren't able to find a match until a large enough pool of clans have have begun searching or have matched, in order to collect a reliable average.

Once you have the average weight of a clan in a given tier, your goal posts for entry are half way between the average weight of the tier above and below it.

eg. Tier 1 10k, Tier 1 20k, Tier 1 30k

Entry Tier 1= 0-15k
    Entry Tier 2= 15-25k
    Entry Tier 3= 25k+

Initial seeding clans are then placed in the random pooling of the rest of the clans to be matched against 7 other clans.

Now lets say you did initial seeding each CWL.

You could potentially win every war in CWL with the right roster, but you would also be seeded lower, and receive less medals than if you were seeded in a higher tier to lose. Each CWL the barrier raises entry into a league tier so will get placed in lower and lower leagues with the same roster over time.

Let's say that SC has the weight fixed and manually change it over time. This would then be more time consuming in order to get the wights for entry right and in between adjustments you have clans getting seeded very high to get crushed (which is fine for the optimizers because CWL is Clan Games). Also if it were hard coded values, that's a big no no in coding :P

P.S. With an average barrier for entry to tiers you can just adjust where the goal posts are if you want to seed new clans lower or higher. I'll just go on record to say I'm only talking out of my behind too so take all this with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; June 8th, 2019 at 07:52 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by Chriizzz View Post
    Look at the post of https://forum.supercell.com/member.p...3-Thegreatpuma... Youre Talking about skill, but Maybe you dont know the Definition of skill. There is no skill for a Th11 To make 3* at a th8. There is no skill for th8 to make 3* at th7. Skill is when Th11 is vs Th11, th10 vs 10... Skill is when every Clan Are on the same Level and Then the Better Clan win...
    i saw this attack and immediately thought of your post. here's a screenshot of the end of a TH12 failing to get a star against a TH8.

https://ibb.co/QQnqJND

So explain that skill thing again?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    i saw this attack and immediately thought of your post. here's a screenshot of the end of a TH12 failing to get a star against a TH8.

https://ibb.co/QQnqJND

So explain that skill thing again?
    With that combo, what was he expecting?

With that combo, what was he expecting?
    i know right? but i see crazy stuff like this often enough to know there are some really unskilled players out there lol.

and honestly i find it nice to know that even the least skilled among us can have success in CWL. it's a really nice benefit of the system. Clans like that would rarely win classic wars.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; June 9th, 2019 at 11:00 PM.

Forum Elder
    i know right? but i see crazy stuff like this often enough to know there are some really unskilled players out there lol.

and honestly i find it nice to know that even the least skilled among us can have success in CWL. it's a really nice benefit of the system. Clans like that would rarely win classic wars.
    Strongly agree mate.
    I always saw cwl as being the champion of the no hope squad.

Forget the elite, they play a way different game to the majority of the player base (Congrats to "Just Ordinary" btw, awesome attacking skills guys. Enjoyed the vid).
    For those that cant win for love nor money in regular spin, this system dispenses with the weight penalty, and allows them to come in heavier than the opposition.

These clans are likely the ones that cause the complaint threads, but necessity decrees they do cwl with a power advantage.

Maybe one day, once the red mist clears, people will realise those heavy clans dont always stomp the opposition.
    Sometimes they need that extra weight just to break even.

Once that day comes, we can then concentrate on the people that want to win every war day in cwl, and cant accept that eventually you are gonna hit a wall hard if you keep winning and promoting every season.
    Poor guys that finished last this season in our group can testify to that. They won every season they played till now. Didnt have a hope in hell this season tho.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; June 10th, 2019 at 12:44 AM.

If you have not seen them attack yet, wait until such time as they do. Already today I have seen a #1 TH11 1* a th9 with dragon spam, and another get 2* 99% against a TH8.
    May b u just got lucky. In our case, When th 12 spam edrags on a th 10, It's a 3 star everytime. Just imagine 60,60, 30 royals on th10😵. They alone can eat up 40 % of the base.

Strongly agree mate.
    I always saw cwl as being the champion of the no hope squad.

Forget the elite, they play a way different game to the majority of the player base (Congrats to "Just Ordinary" btw, awesome attacking skills guys. Enjoyed the vid).
    For those that cant win for love nor money in regular spin, this system dispenses with the weight penalty, and allows them to come in heavier than the opposition.

These clans are likely the ones that cause the complaint threads, but necessity decrees they do cwl with a power advantage.

Maybe one day, once the red mist clears, people will realise those heavy clans dont always stomp the opposition.
    Sometimes they need that extra weight just to break even.

Once that day comes, we can then concentrate on the people that want to win every war day in cwl, and cant accept that eventually you are gonna hit a wall hard if you keep winning and promoting every season.
    Poor guys that finished last this season in our group can testify to that. They won every season they played till now. Didnt have a hope in hell this season tho.
    Ummm.... U mean to say that it's fine for all th 12s to bully some th 10s just because they are highly unskilled and just throw away troops and could not reach a higher tier.

I say that it's completely rediculous and they need to improve their skills rather. Skills should be something that defines winner and not the war weight.

And as far as the pleasure of winning is concerned for once in a while, supercell has given the option of friendly war as a gift of God.

Just play a friendly war with some th 8s. 😥

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by spark09 View Post
    Ummm.... U mean to say that it's fine for all th 12s to bully some th 10s just because they are highly unskilled and just throw away troops and could not reach a higher tier.

I say that it's completely rediculous and they need to improve their skills rather. Skills should be something that defines winner and not the war weight.

And as far as the pleasure of winning is concerned for once in a while, supercell has given the option of friendly war as a gift of God.

Just play a friendly war with some th 8s. 
    CWL uses performance as its measure.
    That performance is a combination of skill, base progression, and clan organisation.
    What can be wrong in that system?. If everyone was to try, it would be the fairest system possible, because everyone would be fighting at their "actual level".

Join the queue mate, if you cant see past a TH12 hitting a TH10.

Quote Originally Posted by spark09 View Post

Just play a friendly war with some th 8s. 😥
    have you read anything that's been posted?