Page 147 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1710

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There is no matchmaking in CWL

Centennial Club

CWL match ups

Okay CWL has been great, but the match ups these days have been bad.
    Imagine a clan in Masters III fielding 9 TH12s & 6 TH11s, then battles a clan with all TH12s. Who do u think is going to be the victor?
    Now am speaking on my clan's behalf as it hasn't happened to us cause we have up to 15 TH12s. But the opponents in our group are very weak. Good attackers but low lev THs.
    Some field TH10s. Now how do u have a competitive war environment if the system is not fair?
    These days, it's only TH12s in wars regardless of whether u're good or not. CWL has diminished the value on TH11 & 10s. This is why almost every 11 or 10 leave their clan for CWL elsewhere. Then clans are left short of donating & loyal members, some might not even return finding greener grasses elsewhere.
    If this is Supercell's way about making everyone move higher in the game & stop stagnation at certain TH levels, then it's very bad. Making all other TH levels useless till they get to TH12.

I think a feature where u show the amount of TH from 10 - 12 should be shown in each league would be better.
    And also, no one can argue they haven't noticed this in the game.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreezy View Post
    Imagine a clan in Masters III fielding 9 TH12s & 6 TH11s, then battles a clan with all TH12s. Who do u think is going to be the victor?
    Now am speaking on my clan's behalf as it hasn't happened to us cause we have up to 15 TH12s. But the opponents in our group are very weak. Good attackers but low lev THs.
    Some field TH10s. Now how do u have a competitive war environment if the system is not fair?
    These days, it's only TH12s in wars regardless of whether u're good or not. CWL has diminished the value on TH11 & 10s. This is why almost every 11 or 10 leave their clan for CWL elsewhere. Then clans are left short of donating & loyal members, some might not even return finding greener grasses elsewhere.
    If this is Supercell's way about making everyone move higher in the game & stop stagnation at certain TH levels, then it's very bad. Making all other TH levels useless till they get to TH12.

I think a feature where u show the amount of TH from 10 - 12 should be shown in each league would be better.
    Just so you are aware, it is against forum rules to necro an old thread. Also clan war leagues as everyone should know by now, does not use a specific matchup system except for it just matches clans that are in the same league tier. Everyone started at a base line. It takes time for all the clans that actively participate to settle into their respective leagues. A more maticulous matchup system such as the one used in regular wars would not work. As it would take days or weeks to match up with 7 other clans. This is why you want to use your strongest bases in clw. Using lower town hall bases is not going to give you clans with the same setup. This is what it is, this is how it works.

Forum Elder

There is already a feature that runs concurrently with cwl, whereby a clan will be matched according to the roster it puts out.
    It is called Classic War.

As for cwl, the tier everyone is in is determined by the finishing position on the previous season. That finishing position is achieved with a mixture of roster/account weight and skill.
    There will become a time when a clans advancement will stall due to weight, but such is the nature of the beast. It should be expected.

I think by now, most clans will have their routine for cwl. Our clan has a mini where our lower accounts can go. Although we are throwing everybody into the mix and enjoying the 30v as a preference since its inclusion. The lower half cant compete so well, but clan interaction makes up for the inconvenience. It is fun.

Maybe someone can set up an alternative to cwl for those that cant get to grips with the system.

I appreciate your clan doesnt have the problem, but many cant get past seeing a bigger roster opposite.
    For us, we learned early that opposition doesnt matter. You score where you can. Is no biggie. It is only a bit of fun for the week. A nice change from regular war.
    We like it as it is, now that we have the 30v option and changed the medal rewards.

You have convinced me. There is no skill in CWL. CWL is hostile to to any group not made up of only TH12 and TH11, so we shouldn't participate. Our concerns are irrelevant. CWL, if it hasn't already been taken over by gemed TH12s, it soon will be. My clan started in crystal 3, and we're in crystal 2 now. We'll probably be pushed down into lower leagues as clans filled with the gemed, skill less TH12s fall lower. We will have less access to CWL resources not because of any skill we lack but because skill is not a factor. As they say, the rich get richer. I can't open the eyes of those who refuse to see. I'm done, SC has spoken and I am found to be unworthy of CWL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    In this case, it IS a binary choice.

Either you have a performance based ladder system, or you don't. And if you introduce any form of weighted grouping, you don't have a performance based ladder system, which is what CWL was set up to be.

I'm not suggesting it is perfect, or that tweaks cannot be made to improve it. But weighting would not be a tweak, it would be a fundamental change to the whole concept.

They never did either. I have no idea why you believe they might have done.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The number of people disappointed by something has no influence on whether we moderators (who are just players like yourself) express an opinion.

The will never be an update which pleases everybody. The goal is to update in a way which keeps as many as possible interested for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    you missed my point. I'm taking about the starting point for NEW clans only. not ones already seeded.

that's the problem with the small clan I'm in right now. they got seeded over their heads due to a poor initial seed, i.e. supercell not fixing initial entry points after each cwl. gold 2 now is not at all what it was when cwl started. nor is any tier for that matter. to still be using the initial seed setup to seed new clans is, in a word, ludicrous.
    Ah, yes, I do agree the entire ladder should be “re-weighted” from time to time so new clans entering the ladder for the first time are seeded into a tier that is more reflective of what the power is now, rather than what it was many months ago when this all started.

Your clan is in Masters3 with all th12s. If you are unskilled, you will stay there. The clans you are fighting against have more skill but less power. If you have average skill you will get promoted up to Masters2. Even in Masters2, most of the clans aren’t all th12s. Given you are describing the “good attackers” you see on the enemy clans, it sounds like the ladder system is working as intended. The enemy clan that you describe sounds a lot like ours clan in terms of th12s and th11s, we even have a th10 in the roster at times. We were destroyed by an all th12 clan and beat an all th12 clan in Masters2 in back-to-back wars. Assuming you are moving up to Masters2, you will continue to see clans like the one you described, although you will find more all th12 clans than you do in Masters3.
    Last edited by 2222; May 6th, 2019 at 02:07 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Forum Veteran
    Slightly different perspective here. We started in CWL those many months ago and enrolled our entire team and were seeded M1. At that time we had 5-6 TH12, 5-6 TH11 and then 35 or so lower than that including minis at Very low levels. We have continued to enroll the entire clan each season and always for 15v15. We struggled in M1 and after two seasons were demoted to M2 and have remained there since. Today we have 12 TH12s and about 10 TH11s and then the remainder of the clan lower. We have consistently rotated in lower THs each season so that as many of the clan can participate as desire to. many of the lowest THs choose not to be in the war roster but are pleased to pick up free rewards along the way.

End of day, you can CHOOSE to have your entire team or a large portion of your team partake in CWL as one unit or you can CHOOSE to only let your top THs attack and let everyone else be bench warmers or you can CHOOSE to break your clan into 2 or three different CWL groups. All different types of configuration can and do work and can be enjoyable. The beauty part is that once you set the right expectations, folks figure it out and with the reward changes, over time it will balance out even more. That does not mean you are going to go 7-0 a whole lot. it does mean you will over time fall into the correct tier where you will likely be between 3-4, 4-3 or 5-2. It doesnt have to be about only putting up a full roster of TH12s unless you want it to be.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1467
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb22314 View Post
    You have convinced me.
    Of what? Nothing ijn the rest of your post has any real relevance to anything I have said, nor much connection to reality.

There is no skill in CWL.
    This is simply false

CWL is hostile to to any group not made up of only TH12 and TH11, so we shouldn't participate.
    This is also false.

Our concerns are irrelevant.
    And another false statement.

CWL, if it hasn't already been taken over by gemed TH12s, it soon will be.
    Well not yet false, but never likely to become the case.

My clan started in crystal 3, and we're in crystal 2 now. We'll probably be pushed down into lower leagues as clans filled with the gemed, skill less TH12s fall lower.
    That is possible, depending on the makeup of your clan.

We are still in Crystal 1, but looking likely to be relegated this time, with several 3-4 TH10-TH9 at the bottom of our roster in each war, and no more than 6 Th12s.

We will have less access to CWL resources not because of any skill we lack but because skill is not a factor.
    It most certainly and absolutely IS a factor.

As they say, the rich get richer. I can't open the eyes of those who refuse to see. I'm done, SC has spoken and I am found to be unworthy of CWL.
    When have SC spoken, and in what way do you believe you have been "found unworthy"?
    Last edited by Ajax; May 6th, 2019 at 08:22 PM. Reason: fixed quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Elder
    Of what? Nothing ijn the rest of your post has any real relevance to anything I have said, nor much connection to reality.

This is simply false

This is also false.

And another false statement.

Well not yet false, but never likely to become the case.

That is possible, depending on the makeup of your clan.

We are still in Crystal 1, but looking likely to be relegated this time, with several 3-4 TH10-TH9 at the bottom of our roster in each war, and no more than 6 Th12s.

We will have less access to CWL resources not because of any skill we lack but because skill is not a factor.
    It most certainly and absolutely IS a factor.

When have SC spoken, and in what way do you believe you have been "found unworthy"?
    No probs Ajax. I too thought the orange badge was official SC employee when I came here too.
    A little reading helps people realise you guys are also players like us pretty quickly, only with an eye for spotting trouble.
    Obviously, with only 6 posts to his name, he only came here to hand in his resignation in person.
    Looks like his P45 will be in the post.

CWL isnt for everybody it would appear, although my wife would kill me if I started gemming all my bases.
    Last edited by Ajax; May 6th, 2019 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Millennial Club
    You will get promoted to Masters II to face tougher competition. The other town halls will be 1-2 leagues below you, so they won't be in the same group again.
    Last edited by move4ward; May 7th, 2019 at 12:07 AM.
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.
    What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.

Weve started in Crystal 1, got promoted, then demoted and have stayed in C1 ever since. Came close to promotion twice , came 3rd when 2 went up then 2nd when changed rules to only one going up.

The last 2 weve switched it up to 30v30 but have really struggled. We only have 5 TH12s with about 10 TH11s. The rest are 10s and 9s. Noticed in the last few wars weve come up against a lot more th12s than in the early months. Interesting to hear others in c1 Id facing similar line up? Most our opponents are running 8-12 th12s with mainly the rest 11s and a couple of 10s.

This month were looking at relegation unfortunately especially as were rotating the lower bases in to try get everyone those 8 stars for 100% medal reward.