Page 137 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1601

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There is no matchmaking in CWL

  1. #1361
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Not precisely. Your comparison doesn’t apply at all.

    CWL is not an “everybody gets a trophy” system. Perhaps you are referring to the 50% win rate, but if you are it only shows you still don’t understand the measure of success in CWL, hint, it isn’t win rate. This post just shows you didn’t understand anything I was saying. Not even a little. It’s no wonder you don’t like CWL if you haven’t yet figured out win/loss isn’t the purpose/goal/measure.
    There are many ways in which our clan can measure success in cwl.

    We changed up to 30v for last season. We had a light bottom half, so was a calculated risk.
    We could easily have bombed. But we survived the league, finishing 4th.
    An improvement on the 6th place the previous season. But considering those lower halves earned medals in crystal 3 instead of Gold (or Silver), it was a big success in our eyes.

    Another plus.. We are trying to move away from the roster engineering of old.
    I have been finding it a struggle to change mindset. Old habits die hard.
    But, roster engineering is all about weight management, counting everything aids success.
    CWL, on the other hand, rewards growth. 2 completely contrasting build models.
    We are beginning to move in the direction of pro cwl. The bases are looking to get fat.
    Dropping weight on my accounts is getting easier. Once that takes away any lingering thoughts about playing the numbers game,my focus on a new goal, post roster engineering, is becoming easier.
    Another success, which I also credit to cwl. If it were not for this format, I may never have looked to kick on.

    Looking ahead to next season, the 4x 8s that sat at the bottom of our 30, will hopefully have moved to th9, and have some sort of foothold.
    With luck, those accounts will gain the full medal allowance next time, instead of the 50%+ they got in April.
    Our attacks with the top bases in our roster will get another run out. Those inexperienced 11s and 12s will get that little bit better with each passing season.

    CWL is about small steps, growing and improving.
    Set a seasons goals, and see how it flies.
    It doesnt matter what roster you face. Only how you deal with gaining stars on that particular day.
    It doesnt matter if you cant outscore them, so long as you grind out enough stars each day, so that come the close of day 7, there are enough combined stars, to achieve those pre determined goals.
    It isnt about winning, it is about scoring, and trying to achieve a better experience overall, whether it be with a higher finish, or more fun and clan interaction.

    It is a growth tool, but not just for the accounts. It also promotes growth within the clan on a social aspect.
    We were in trouble. The clan was falling apart. SC changed the reward structure, and war size, and in only 7 days, a clan in disarray was transformed. Nice one SC.

    As for those that think it needs a change to the matching, I disagree.
    If you are unwilling to drop the weight, since it will affect regular spin results, then I say take what you get in cwl, or stick to regular.

    Matching is, or at least will be fair. War weight and hall parity is not required. Partially because war weight is no measure of a clans actual ability, since it can be manipulated. Partially because you do not need to be actually winning in cwl to achieve success. And partially because, in my view, it would promote perma maxing, rather than growth.

    CWL is an unweighted system. It rewards growth over skill, but without either one, then a clans level will be stunted.
    It allows clans of lesser skill to compete with more proficient clans by gaining a power advantage.
    It encourages participation. High activity and getting those attacks in makes the difference.
    If a clan improves season on season, then thats a successful cwl clan.
    If the clan adopts the right attitude towards the format, it enhances the experience gained by each clan member.

    Why would anyone wish to change that?
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:02 PM.

  2. #1362
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,384
    That is one of the finest posts I have seen. Couldnt agree more.

  3. #1363
    Forum Veteran MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    There are many ways in which our clan can measure success in cwl.

    We changed up to 30v for last season. We had a light bottom half, so was a calculated risk.
    We could easily have bombed. But we survived the league, finishing 4th.
    An improvement on the 6th place the previous season. But considering those lower halves earned medals in crystal 3 instead of Gold (or Silver), it was a big success in our eyes.

    Another plus.. We are trying to move away from the roster engineering of old.
    I have been finding it a struggle to change mindset. Old habits die hard.
    But, roster engineering is all about weight management, counting everything aids success.
    CWL, on the other hand, rewards growth. 2 completely contrasting build models.
    We are beginning to move in the direction of pro cwl. The bases are looking to get fat.
    Dropping weight on my accounts is getting easier. Once that takes away any lingering thoughts about playing the numbers game,my focus on a new goal, post roster engineering, is becoming easier.
    Another success, which I also credit to cwl. If it were not for this format, I may never have looked to kick on.

    Looking ahead to next season, the 4x 8s that sat at the bottom of our 30, will hopefully have moved to th9, and have some sort of foothold.
    With luck, those accounts will gain the full medal allowance next time, instead of the 50%+ they got in April.
    Our attacks with the top bases in our roster will get another run out. Those inexperienced 11s and 12s will get that little bit better with each passing season.

    CWL is about small steps, growing and improving.
    Set a seasons goals, and see how it flies.
    It doesnt matter what roster you face. Only how you deal with gaining stars on that particular day.
    It doesnt matter if you cant outscore them, so long as you grind out enough stars each day, so that come the close of day 7, there are enough combined stars, to achieve those pre determined goals.
    It isnt about winning, it is about scoring, and trying to achieve a better experience overall, whether it be with a higher finish, or more fun and clan interaction.

    It is a growth tool, but not just for the accounts. It also promotes growth within the clan on a social aspect.
    We were in trouble. The clan was falling apart. SC changed the reward structure, and war size, and in only 7 days, a clan in disarray was transformed. Nice one SC.

    As for those that think it needs a change to the matching, I disagree.
    If you are unwilling to drop the weight, since it will affect regular spin results, then I say take what you get in cwl, or stick to regular.

    Matching is, or at least will be fair. War weight and hall parity is not required. Partially because war weight is no measure of a clans actual ability, since it can be manipulated. Partially because you do not need to be actually winning in cwl to achieve success. And partially because, in my view, it would promote perma maxing, rather than growth.

    CWL is an unweighted system. It rewards growth over skill, but without either one, then a clans level will be stunted.
    It allows clans of lesser skill to compete with more proficient clans by gaining a power advantage.
    It encourages participation. High activity and getting those attacks in makes the difference.
    If a clan improves season on season, then thats a successful cwl clan.
    If the clan adopts the right attitude towards the format, it enhances the experience gained by each clan member.

    Why would anyone wish to change that?
    CWL is just farming for medals and if a person were to view it as such, winning and losing doesn't really matter. Let's hold hands and farmer Joe some medals.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood



  4. #1364
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    CWL is just farming for medals and if a person were to view it as such, winning and losing doesn't really matter. Let's hold hands and farmer Joe some medals.
    Maybe for you mate. All is good

  5. #1365
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    CWL is just farming for medals and if a person were to view it as such, winning and losing doesn't really matter. Let's hold hands and farmer Joe some medals.
    It is very true the win/loss record is irrelevant. As for the purpose, for most clans it will be to push up as high as they can since they find it fun/competitive to do so and also results in more medals. For some clans they have no desire to push up high and will play lower even though they get less medals because they don't want to put forth the effort or resources to try to push higher. I think either way to play is just fine now that the medal system has been corrected.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

  6. #1366
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGalt View Post
    Why would that surprise you? It’s undeniably true. Let’s say a few folks have a clan w/15 Talented TH9 “rockstar” talents. These guys started last year in Silver 1, and managed to progress all the way up to Gold 1. Now they are matched with clans chock full of 10’s, 11’s, and 12’s. Can they continue to progress on the merits of their skill in the game? Or can even a hack TH12 slay them with little to no effort?

    The answer is obvious for anyone willing to admit the truth of the system as designed. Teams will rise to a certain tier only to encounter ever higher competition to a point where their skill in the game simply doesn’t matter.

    It surprises me anyone would believe otherwise.

    This is exactly how CWL is designed. A clan full of TH9s can only get so far.


    Any addition of weighted matching would either destroy the concept of CWL or be so loose that it wouldn't fix the "problem" you are explaining.

    Because fixing that "problem" would destroy the concept of CWL.
    Last edited by Rascal2013; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:55 PM.

  7. #1367
    I was curious about the war weight. About two months away from completing full TH11, no EA yet, and CWL puts fresh TH11 two places higher than me. My first thought was the fresh TH11 built an EA, but no, just a maxed TH10. I had previously thought the rushed th11 with EA above me was because of the EA, but now I’m wondering what’s up? Easier matches for me, but sucks for them.

  8. #1368
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddydaycare View Post
    I was curious about the war weight. About two months away from completing full TH11, no EA yet, and CWL puts fresh TH11 two places higher than me. My first thought was the fresh TH11 built an EA, but no, just a maxed TH10. I had previously thought the rushed th11 with EA above me was because of the EA, but now I’m wondering what’s up? Easier matches for me, but sucks for them.
    It doesn’t impact your “matches” at all unless you have a clan that forces you to do mirror attacks. If yes, I’d get them to try a new strategy.

    As for the map order, if the other player is a max th10 who just went th11 and you are a th11 that is below him, then your defenses are behind. You must not have obtained max th10 defenses before moving up to th11. Another possibility is the player did build some new th11 defenses, such as an eagle, but didn’t place them yet. He should place them on his war map, there is no reason not to.
    Last edited by 2222; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:01 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

  9. #1369
    Yes, that was it... did not place EA yet in war base. Crazy war weight for that thing! Thereís a rushed base above me with one and itís staggering to me the differences in our bases and yet Iím still below. Glad I havenít placed it yet, thanks for the reply.

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1370
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddydaycare View Post
    Yes, that was it... did not place EA yet in war base. Crazy war weight for that thing! There’s a rushed base above me with one and it’s staggering to me the differences in our bases and yet I’m still below. Glad I haven’t placed it yet, thanks for the reply.
    Why on earth are you glad you haven't placed it yet?

    All that does is make it easier for your opponents, and affect your placement on the war map.

    In classic wars, itstill counts against your clan weight for matching, and in CWL, there is no advantage whatsoever in having any available defences missing from your base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •