Page 217 of 226 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2253

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

  1. #2161
    Quote Originally Posted by Werevenge View Post
    I am not looking for wins becuase someone does not attack back. What is the point? I am looking for matches in which skill can be tested and the other clans have comparable lineup of bases. Currently, it is so far off that it makes no sense.
    I am attacking with th 7 th 9 to get one star?? or th 9 attacking th 11??
    CWL is a combination of skill, organization and base progression. Some of those clans are more skilled or more progressed or both, but are in that league because they aren't very organized and they miss attacks. If your clan has a high enough combination of skill, organization and progression, you'll move up to a higher tier and you will see less missed attacks. If not, you won't.

    Also, I do think SC needs to do a total reset of the initial placement metrics to adjust to what the average is now, not what it was a year ago.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  2. #2162
    Senior Member Trinacria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    The intersection of No Place & No Where
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Werevenge View Post
    I am not looking for wins becuase someone does not attack back. What is the point? I am looking for matches in which skill can be tested and the other clans have comparable lineup of bases. Currently, it is so far off that it makes no sense.
    I am attacking with th 7 th 9 to get one star?? or th 9 attacking th 11??
    Yes, that is a test of your skill.

    Hitting up 1 th level, theoretically aim for 2* 70% as a goal. This is a valuable skill.

    Hitting up 2 levels or more, aim for at least 1 star and try for two.

    Hitting down should be a 3*, and if all opponents are that weak then your clan should get promoted.

  3. #2163
    Forum Legend Warios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Werevenge View Post
    I am not looking for wins becuase someone does not attack back. What is the point? I am looking for matches in which skill can be tested and the other clans have comparable lineup of bases. Currently, it is so far off that it makes no sense.
    I am attacking with th 7 th 9 to get one star?? or th 9 attacking th 11??
    You have regular wars to test skill, you really need to look at CWL at your level a place to farm rewards, once you get higher into the upper parts of crystal/masters, you will find more of what your looking for.

    There are 15 leagues and you are 4th from the bottom, the sheer number of clans that are there gives so many variations of line up's, the pendulum has a very big swing. Just do your best, if you have a group that will constantly attack, as your bases grow you will move up to a more competitive grouping.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210




  4. #2164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    217
    I agree that adjustments of the initial metric can help. However, it will not solve the diversity of clan strengths that are put together. Currently in round 5, the top clan has 248 stars (w high end th that do not miss attacks) and the lowest 48. The rest are almost linearly distributed between those two numbers. In my opinion, this is not normal.

  5. #2165
    Millennial Club shepherdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,221
    This is normal cwl. There is an option if don't like it, which is that you can wait out the 2-day signup period and then spin regular wars.

    Staying in cwl and then having members refuse to attack is senseless since you need 8 stars for full rewards, so it would be better for your clan to play reg wars instead if thatís really the case. Itís just pointless to enter cwl, not attack, and have your clan members complaining.

    Btw, our clan is in crystal3, we have 3xTH12, 3xTH11, 10xTH10 and 3xTH9. We are playing against clans with 7 and 8 TH13s but weíre working together to get all our members to 8 stars for full medals. It's different, and challenging, but we want those hammers and are willing to work for them. Current medal spread in our league is 168 to 46 midway through the fourth war. Big spreads like that are normal in all leagues.

  6. #2166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    This is normal cwl. There is an option if don't like it, which is that you can wait out the 2-day signup period and then spin regular wars.

    Staying in cwl and then having members refuse to attack is senseless since you need 8 stars for full rewards, so it would be better for your clan to play reg wars instead if thatís really the case. Itís just pointless to enter cwl, not attack, and have your clan members complaining.

    Btw, our clan is in crystal3, we have 3xTH12, 3xTH11, 10xTH10 and 3xTH9. We are playing against clans with 7 and 8 TH13s but weíre working together to get all our members to 8 stars for full medals. It's different, and challenging, but we want those hammers and are willing to work for them. Current medal spread in our league is 168 to 46 midway through the fourth war. Big spreads like that are normal in all leagues.
    This makes perfect sense, thank you.

  7. #2167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    UK - Clan is US/UK
    Posts
    246
    just remember it is new stars gained, so if all your clan hit the lowest enemy player , only 3 stars are available shared between your entire clan.

  8. #2168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    332
    You will find in certain CWL leagues, some clans are competitive and others are more relaxed. I have an account in Crystal 2 and there could be a clan of TH13s and 12s mixed with clans of 13s, 12s 11s, and 10s, maybe even 9s....I believe some are content to win and do not seek to place high and advance, other clans it seems obvious they do not want to be promoted....having been in leagues Crystal 1 and higher, they are more competitive and clans there do tend to use all attacks and have bases that are mostly 13s and 12s....this continues into Masters. Personally I am unfamiliar with Gold league.

    I can only speak of the assorted bases you see, and some clans winning, but not using all attacks....until CWL gets much more competive higher up, this just seems to be how CWL is, it can seem far more casual and you will see a wider variety of THs based on skill differences and also where a clan chooses to fight. medals it seem matter but some seem content to fight where they can win a lot. A 50% win ratio is not unusual if you are trying, it just means you are properly placed and will likely end up in the middle rankings.
    Last edited by Rylon; January 6th, 2020 at 09:21 PM.

  9. #2169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by 0x0000000167 View Post
    just remember it is new stars gained, so if all your clan hit the lowest enemy player , only 3 stars are available shared between your entire clan.
    Understood. I still find it unfortunate that SC will not invest in reducing the variance of clan strengths. It will make the event a lot more enjoyable.

  10. #2170
    Open 24 Hours
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Werevenge View Post
    What exactly is th 9 expected to achieve against th 10-12?
    Stars. 8 stars gets 100% medal payout for the season. Over 7 attacks that's a little more than a 1 star average per war. Stars get medals and medals get hammers. keep it in perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Werevenge View Post
    My clan members are depressed and refuse to attack against these odds, in which the best they can do is one star. It is also not fun to walk over a lower th.
    Keep it in perspective. Focus on farming the medals. Keep it positive, be encouraging. In gold 3 any placement 5th or higher gets you 120+ medals, which is enough for a hammer.

    Cwl can very much be luck of the draw. our mini clan is in gold 3. we are fielding a roster with about the same strength as last season. This season we are expected to finish 1st, last season we placed 5th. So set a goal, keep it positive, and find something to celebrate.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •