Page 286 of 291 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 2901

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Dang, I want to be in your group. We're in Crystal 3too. Us: 2x13, 4x12, 6x11, 3x10; them: 10x13, 2x12, 2x11. This is gonna be a loooooong day.

I can understand mismatches for clans just staring in CWLs, but we've been at it for over 6 months... My players are dejected. And I've stopped caring, mostly. The attacks are not even fun.
    Just remember, the worst thing you and your clanmates can do at this point is not attacking. Perhaps your opponents are lousy attackers or inactive and might not use all of their attacks. If you guys give it your all and play it strategically such as attacking 2-3 bases below your mirror then you guys might be surprised at how good you can do. Remember, it's not about any one war, it's about the total number of stars you gain over 7 wars.
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 25 |

Dang, I want to be in your group. We're in Crystal 3too. Us: 2x13, 4x12, 6x11, 3x10; them: 10x13, 2x12, 2x11. This is gonna be a loooooong day.

I can understand mismatches for clans just staring in CWLs, but we've been at it for over 6 months... My players are dejected. And I've stopped caring, mostly. The attacks are not even fun.
    Why would one assume the draw of group opponents be any different over time, given time spent in CWL? There's no stated mechanism to do that, so why the assumption?

I fully sympathise with being grouped with much stronger opponents yea. It makes winning that particular war slightly less probable, and it requires a slightly different tactic to maximise stars scored. But apart from that, its not really that big a deal as there are up to 7 wars in CWL.
    Last edited by Munitor; December 2nd, 2020 at 09:45 PM.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Jkcamino View Post
    lol thanks for the reply, my mistake on the BH comment. I find it comical how there is no matchmaking, goes to show ppl who pay money can beat a legit player who has more skill.
    How is it suddenly pay to win now? Your arguments are all over the place here and none of them are logical.
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 25 |

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    How is it suddenly pay to win now? Your arguments are all over the place here and none of them are logical.

just venting, you don't get to Max Th13 in for 4 years without paying for it.

There definitely should not be weight based matching in CWL. if you're on here arguing that there should be you're missing the point of CWL and need to educate yourself on how it works and why. there's hundreds of pages here that can help.

once you understand how it works and why it works that way feel free to make a post about how weight based matching could be added without breaking the performance based ladder aspect. Good luck

lastly to those complaining about very heavy clans in gold and low crystal, those clans are most likely either really bad or non attackers or are on their way up. jump for 1 or 2 where possible, get as many stars as you can every war and move on. that's the goal of CWL.

lol thanks for the reply, my mistake on the BH comment. I find it comical how there is no matchmaking, goes to show ppl who pay money can beat a legit player who has more skill.
    How do you know the lower level player has more skill? How do you know the higher level player paid money? Why do you think the players who pay nothing to keep this going are "legit" players? How long do you think this game would have lasted if there were only those "legit" players? I'll hang up and take the answer off the air.

Quote Originally Posted by MurtazaDhmn View Post
    But don't you feel the league itself should be decided by the weight? I know it's a ladder and you fall for not performing, but doesn't it make sense to keep break on this fall considering the weight participating?
    As Warlock said above jumping might be the case, but if that's that then I think we're helpless!
    Definitely not. You can move out of that league, either up or down, based upon a combination of your skill and power. Adding weight to it would destroy the entire ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by MurtazaDhmn View Post
    And what's your reason backing that up?
    We already have regular/classic war if you want weighted match-ups. This is a ladder system. Guess what happens if all your halls are more upgraded? You still only win about 50% of the time, just like now. The only difference is you do it in a higher league.

One thing I think that helps is to remember it is one big war made up of 7 battles. Looking at any individual battle as its own individual war with a "bad match" is not productive. You're in a competition with 7 other clans and consider each day one part of the total war.

How do you know they did it in 4 years and are they really max? All walls, troops, defenses, heroes, everything? And, if they did, what is there to vent about?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

#2l0cgqqjv cwl - not properly matched!

Hi,

The base weight for CWL war matching is totally off target. We are in our 2nd war and the base weights for opponents is always at LEAST 1 if not 2 TH levels higher. None of our members can get at least 1 start on enemy bases! We won 71/75 stars in previous wars with me scoring 6 starts on their 1 and 2 - so in short, we are quite skilled players.

This is our first CWL match (new clan) and we matched only 33 members in war.
    Please could you investigate - as we are really really disappointed and demotivated to continue this CWL....its totally unfair.

Grandmaster (Leader)
    Last edited by Cowslips; December 3rd, 2020 at 08:29 AM.

There is no matching in CWL, none. Unlike Traditional Wars, it is true league play where all play all! If you are misplaced too high you will be demoted to a lower tier at season end. Eventually your clan will naturally settle into a tier which reflects their norm.

My own clan switched to 30v30 for the very first time, and yes we have zero chance, expect we will end up 0-7. But that is acceptable to us! We spent months before settling in to a 15v15 tier. Now, new to 30v30 we have to settle in on our new correct tier. May take a month, or a few months, but it will eventually happen.

How will you know that you settled into a correct tier? Your clan on average will win half the wars, and lose half. It does not mean all wars will be close! You can, and sometimes will, face teams that you have absolutely no chance against. On the other side of that coin, you sometimes will be given Cannon Fodder where they have no chance.
    Last edited by rowman; December 3rd, 2020 at 12:52 PM.

There are lots of play-for-free maxed th13s. It depends on how much you raid to keep workers busy and have the maximum number of workers.

Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    There are lots of play-for-free maxed th13s. It depends on how much you raid to keep workers busy and have the maximum number of workers.
    Also, I wonder if these people who are anti-pay count me using Google Rewards to buy a gold pass every other month as not playing for free....
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes