Page 295 of 297 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 2969

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

  1. #2941
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by winwin3as View Post
    It bugs me. Is there is no matchmaking or I am mistaken thinking that CWL is matched according to your league?

    TH13 heavy rosters can be seen as low as crystal league, so OP should expect more of it if he is in masters+.
    Sorry if I communicated poorly. The ‘league’ IS the ‘step’ in my ladder analogy. It matches by league (step).

    Yes put collectors outside if you quit game. I don’t want you to, but if you remain that upset and do quit....

  2. #2942
    Forum Hero Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    7,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinthaka9109 View Post
    When you get to higher league levels the clan war league matchmaking is very much unfair. This happened not only in this war but in previous wars too, which led some good clashers to stop playing coc. Its better to take this in to consideration and make fair matchmaking in clan war league before we stop playing coc forever.
    Please let your clanmates know to put their storages and collectors on the edge of their bases when they quit, because the matchmaking is not going to change.

  3. #2943
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    That's really unfair - how did you get a TH14?

    Seriously though (I know you meant TH13), a few points:

    1. Clan level means nothing as far as matchups go. I can take 15 max 13s and start a new level 1 clan. Or I can recruit 15 TH3s in to a level 20 clan and war with that.

    2. TH matchups alone don't mean a lot. Are they rushed, or are they all maxers? Are they balanced offense/defense? Do they all have level 1 defenses/walls? What league are you in?

    3. See above posts for dealing with being overmatched.
    Hahaha, th 14........ Maybe with some time travel 🤣, yes it's a th 13.

    We are in Gold league II and it make sense about the level. You can put your strongest in war or the weakest.

    These guys are playing by the book, no rushed bases, some are almost maxed, troops, defenses and walls. Others are about halfway through th upgrades.

    When they attack, it's a 3 star every time. Already 7 attacks and 21 stars. Our top players already down.

    I know we still have to collect stars where we can, but to win against a clan like this, is like peeing in the ocean and then say its overflowing.

    Thanks for the feedback.

  4. #2944
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokkies View Post
    Hahaha, th 14........ Maybe with some time travel 藍, yes it's a th 13.

    We are in Gold league II and it make sense about the level. You can put your strongest in war or the weakest.

    These guys are playing by the book, no rushed bases, some are almost maxed, troops, defenses and walls. Others are about halfway through th upgrades.

    When they attack, it's a 3 star every time. Already 7 attacks and 21 stars. Our top players already down.

    I know we still have to collect stars where we can, but to win against a clan like this, is like peeing in the ocean and then say its overflowing.

    Thanks for the feedback.
    Often, when you face a clan like this, it is because they miss a lot of attacks. That is why they are in a lower league. Sometimes, unfortunately, you'll meet them at at time when they don't miss attacks, or just added some stronger players to their clan, etc. They will win, they will move up and out of the league and your clan will stay in that league. It is best to think of CWL as a long term thing. It isn't one war each day. It is a week-long war made up of 7 battles. This is just one of those battles. Maybe you're in a league where you have no chance of taking first place. That's ok. That is usually going to be the case, whether it is due to a clan being so much stronger or just plain way more skilled. I think remind your clan that the stars still count in the final total, so get as much as you can and move on to the next battle tomorrow.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  5. #2945
    Forum Elder Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokkies View Post
    Hahaha, th 14........ Maybe with some time travel 藍, yes it's a th 13.

    We are in Gold league II and it make sense about the level. You can put your strongest in war or the weakest.

    These guys are playing by the book, no rushed bases, some are almost maxed, troops, defenses and walls. Others are about halfway through th upgrades.

    When they attack, it's a 3 star every time. Already 7 attacks and 21 stars. Our top players already down.

    I know we still have to collect stars where we can, but to win against a clan like this, is like peeing in the ocean and then say its overflowing.

    Thanks for the feedback.
    CWL at Gold 2 is not about winning. It's about collecting as many stars as possible and getting stronger. Rest assured, a clan as you describe in Gold 2 is hurting their accounts immensely by sandbagging so low. It sounds like they could easily hang in high crystal without breaking a sweat so their accounts are losing out on a significant amount of medals. Of course it could be they did some good recruiting and gained some good accounts and are on their way there from a lower tier. Either way that shouldn't matter to you. Get as many stars as you can and move on to the next war. If you don't like ladder competitions and the way they work, don't join CWL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chinthaka9109 View Post
    When you get to higher league levels the clan war league matchmaking is very much unfair. This happened not only in this war but in previous wars too, which led some good clashers to stop playing coc. Its better to take this in to consideration and make fair matchmaking in clan war league before we stop playing coc forever.
    They stopped playing because of an optional add on to the game? Weird. Either way, you might want to take it upon yourself to explain to them how CWL works and what their goal should be (i.e. it's a ladder competition and they should be focused on maximizing stars in order to maximize medals to upgrade faster). CWL is not really about winning any given war, at least below the Champs level.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; March 3rd, 2021 at 10:45 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2946
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinthaka9109 View Post
    When you get to higher league levels the clan war league matchmaking is very much unfair.
    That is not possible. For it to be unfair, it would have to exist. And what is more, I am sure you are nowhere near the "higher league levels" if you are seeing that, since the higher league levels are almost entirely TH13.

    This happened not only in this war but in previous wars too, which led some good clashers to stop playing coc. Its better to take this in to consideration and make fair matchmaking in clan war league before we stop playing coc forever.
    Introducing any kind of matchmaking into CWL would destroy the whole concept of how a performance based ladder system works.

  7. #2947
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Water Seems Safe
    Posts
    9,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokkies View Post
    Hahaha, th 14........ Maybe with some time travel 藍, yes it's a th 13.

    We are in Gold league II and it make sense about the level. You can put your strongest in war or the weakest.

    These guys are playing by the book, no rushed bases, some are almost maxed, troops, defenses and walls. Others are about halfway through th upgrades.

    When they attack, it's a 3 star every time. Already 7 attacks and 21 stars. Our top players already down.

    I know we still have to collect stars where we can, but to win against a clan like this, is like peeing in the ocean and then say its overflowing.

    Thanks for the feedback.
    as others have noted it’s about shifting expectations.
    we’re in Crystal 1 and this season we’re running a 10/3/2 lineup. Day 1 opponent has 14/1/0 lineup. We’re going to lose. We know this. I don’t say it to complain as we know the system, sometimes you’re the windshield sometimes your the bug. I’m assuming that the clan were up against got demoted from masters 3 last season because so far they are not particularly good attackers but the sheer weight of them will overwhelm us.

    so for us we look to make sure all the core members get 8 stars for the wee for full medals. The. Rotate a few of our lower guys to get some more extra medals. Yes we try to win wars but we don’t let things we can’t control like who our opponent is in any given war. As your clan grows in strength you’ll eventually win the league you are in and get promoted to a stronger one for more medals. If you are overmatched too many Mars you get demoted to a weaker league.

    hang in there and try to adjust your clan mates mind set.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

  8. #2948
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Often, when you face a clan like this, it is because they miss a lot of attacks. That is why they are in a lower league. Sometimes, unfortunately, you'll meet them at at time when they don't miss attacks, or just added some stronger players to their clan, etc. They will win, they will move up and out of the league and your clan will stay in that league. It is best to think of CWL as a long term thing. It isn't one war each day. It is a week-long war made up of 7 battles. This is just one of those battles. Maybe you're in a league where you have no chance of taking first place. That's ok. That is usually going to be the case, whether it is due to a clan being so much stronger or just plain way more skilled. I think remind your clan that the stars still count in the final total, so get as much as you can and move on to the next battle tomorrow.
    This is good advice. Let me add to that, I think we're seeing some fallout due to the recent changes to the clash worlds. There are quite a few Champs clans starting second clans to try to advance them into champs league so they have multiple clans eligible. My clan ran into one of these last month in crystal 3. They perfected all their wars up until the last war, when they gave up early because they clinched the promotion.

    The advice still holds - these clans will get promoted and be out of your hair next month. I don't think it's so widespread that you'd run into 7 such clans per month, but it's annoying to see people punching below their weight. Unfortunately, such is life in the gold/crystal range.
    Last edited by Rizzob; March 4th, 2021 at 02:16 PM.

  9. #2949
    Pro Member ziya645's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    ↑The Forum meme guy.
    Posts
    601
    Why don't people understand that most suggestions ruin the way CWL works and completely nullifies the current function.

    Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

  10. #2950
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    Why don't people understand that most suggestions ruin the way CWL works and completely nullifies the current function.
    Because many players don't understand why​ CWL works the way it does. They only see a war they can't win.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •