Page 297 of 298 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 2977

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnzie1 View Post
    Well how is my clan supposed to advance and prosper in CWL when they give us 0% chance at winning?? Hmmm seems a little dumb to me. Maybe there SHOULD be equal match making you think! There is a smart idea! Wow! Genius!
    The quicker you realize that us non maxed bases are only there to farm medals and fill the void it'll take the sting off trying to succeed. Skill can only carry you so far. No matchmaking after the initial placement is a big indicator that SC is catering to the clans with all maxed bases.
    Last edited by Mudbugs; March 7th, 2021 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    The quicker you realize that us non maxed bases are only there to farm medals and fill the void it'll take the sting off trying to succeed. Skill can only carry you so far. No matchmaking after the initial placement is a big indicator that SC is catering to the clans with all maxed bases.
    Nonsense. You can push as high as your skill AND progression will let you. That is succeeding. For my clan, finishing places 3 to 5 in masters 3 is succeeding. 2nd is really good. We aren't good enough to go higher. Yet.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Pro Member
    Well how is my clan supposed to advance and prosper in CWL when they give us 0% chance at winning?? Hmmm seems a little dumb to me. Maybe there SHOULD be equal match making you think! There is a smart idea! Wow! Genius!
    CWL works as a ladder system. Those who are the strongest rise to the top, and those who are lacking in a certain department naturally sort themselves onto different rungs of the ladder. As a measure of strength, it has no obligation to solely cater to the skillful. Base and offense strength matters too. A matchmaker would be detrimental to the current system as people would abuse it to rise in the rankings. We would see clans who lack in base strength and offensive strength finish as high as world class clans, because they gamed the system. Nevermind the logistical nightmare this would be, do these clans, most of whom would be unable to play well at the highest level, deserve to be recognized as being among "the best of the best?" This is why CWL is currently the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Nonsense. You can push as high as your skill AND progression will let you. That is succeeding. For my clan, finishing places 3 to 5 in masters 3 is succeeding. 2nd is really good. We aren't good enough to go higher. Yet.
    In a mixed clan your skill takes a backseat and depends mostly on the group you're pooled in. We've been in and out of 30v30 M2 for several seasons and its made up of mostly all TH13s. Any TH12 in the lineup is a handicap. Wanna guess which clans are at the bottom this round? Its better to be in the 2nd or 3rd place position gaining all those bonus medals than it is to zero out in a higher league where no one has fun.

Last edited by Mudbugs; March 8th, 2021 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    Skill can only carry you so far and the same goes for progression. Other than the very elite top pro type clans in Champs1 and the clans that keep taking first or second place in 30v30 M1 (every other month) the thousands of other clans are going to be capped at winning around 50% of the time and that includes th13 clans too. Odds are your clan would win about the same amount with all th13, just higher on the ladder, or all th12s, just lower on the ladder.
    Last edited by 2222; March 8th, 2021 at 01:02 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Since you bothered to read nothing on the topic, let me just say that adding weight based matching would break CWL, full stop.

Fresh Spawn

CWL mismatch

Hey feedback reader, we are active clashers and we are facing war mismatches during the CWL! This is disappointing for all the players as being townhall 12- we need to face Townhall 13 in all the wars and there's no such mechanism which can get us any justice. It's a regret for us too as we are loosing many players because of this mismatch they won't show up and attack in war because what we can grab by best of our efforts is 2stars and enemy with no efforts can easily 3stars our base. Due to these mis-match we cannot provide justice to new players for participating in CWL! Also after each war victory enemy clan is served with 10bonus stars which just drags us down the points table and the efforts of all the players dissolve into nothing! Please if this message is getting delivered do respond to us, we just wish to have a proper and fair war mechanism where the best clashing clan wins!

Thank you

Thats how cwl works. It wouldnt make sense for lower players to have fair opponents in higher leagues cuz then they would just easily get promoted which isnt suppose to happen. If ur facing too many mismatches then ur simply just in a league thats a bit too high for ur clan. Higher townhalls suit higher leagues so they can get bigger rewards(cwl medals) and lower townhalls suit lower leagues that give lower rewards. Its how the game works which does actually make it fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Samprat View Post
    Hey feedback reader, we are active clashers and we are facing war mismatches during the CWL! This is disappointing for all the players as being townhall 12- we need to face Townhall 13 in all the wars and there's no such mechanism which can get us any justice. It's a regret for us too as we are loosing many players because of this mismatch they won't show up and attack in war because what we can grab by best of our efforts is 2stars and enemy with no efforts can easily 3stars our base. Due to these mis-match we cannot provide justice to new players for participating in CWL! Also after each war victory enemy clan is served with 10bonus stars which just drags us down the points table and the efforts of all the players dissolve into nothing! Please if this message is getting delivered do respond to us, we just wish to have a proper and fair war mechanism where the best clashing clan wins!

Thank you
    So, then your clan lost most of the wars and got demoted. Now next month you will face weaker opponents. You're only going to win about 50% of the wars over the long term. When you win a lot and get promoted up, it is natural to lose a lot and get demoted down.

There is nothing "unfair" or "improper" about a ladder system that is based on winning/losing, rather than hall level. There also isn't anything wrong with trying to match equal power with war weight like classic war does. Neither is right or wrong, they are just two different types of wars.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Yea, I know...itís not a perfect science...

But as I write this, we are in day 2 of our CWL.

we have 9 th14s, 9 th13, 8 th12, 3 th11 and 1 th10. Obviously we are in a 30 base war.

its now day 2 and the clan we are facing has 28 th14, 1 th13 and 1 th12.

to give an idea, their 19th base has aq75, bk68, gw50 and rc26

how is it possible to be put into a cwl this lopsided?

I have to tell my th10 to try to get a star against a maxed th12 ...this should be fun.