Page 268 of 273 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2727

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There Is No Matchmaking In CWL!

Thanks for all the commentary here. Lots of effort goes into CWL. Only one thing I would suggest is lower the bar to 5 stars for minimum rewards, not 8. It doesn't seem fair on a struggling TH8 versus some of these bases to be able to get 8 stars...

Well done MrMotator with your exploits moving from clan to clan. We'll be in Gold 1 next season but very best of luck with your endeavours in Gold 3 in August... onwards and upwards.

We'll be using our rewards mainly for hero upgrades and in the mid tier, early TH11s, upgrading troop levels using Hammers of Fighting.

Just an hour and a half to wait now plus some extra bonuses as we won 3 wars.

GB

Supercell needs to take IMMEDIATE ACTION to remedy this issue whereby CONSTANT MISMATCHING is causing CWL to be an exercise in pure frustration and source of discouragement for many members of my clan, Aussie Ark #P8CGJU22.
    We have clashed for many, many years. Everyone agrees, and I am relaying the message, that these recent forays into CWL have just been so unfairly matched it is ludicrous. SC, please do something about this!

Quote Originally Posted by JiefuAussieArk View Post
    Supercell needs to take IMMEDIATE ACTION to remedy this issue whereby CONSTANT MISMATCHING is causing CWL to be an exercise in pure frustration and source of discouragement for many members of my clan, Aussie Ark #P8CGJU22.
    We have clashed for many, many years. Everyone agrees, and I am relaying the message, that these recent forays into CWL have just been so unfairly matched it is ludicrous. SC, please do something about this!
    Nothing is going to change because there is no matchmaking at all in CWL. You are paired against 7 other clans within your league and that's it. Any kind of matchmaking in CWL completely undermines the entire premise of CWL. If you and your clanmates are that frustrated then skip the CWL signup period and just do regular wars. Otherwise you can swallow your pride and do the best you can. My clan got spanked this month but guess what? We still get medals even though we finished 7th. And it's as many medals as if we had gotten 1st place in the league below us.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:01 PM.
    | BK 70 | AQ 70 | GW 50 | RC 18 |

Based on relative costs ( 45 less medals) & time, I find the fighting/building/spell hammers a better value, cutting time from double digit days vs more expensive HERO hammers Cutting a max of 7 days. Especially true for DE troops, i can then spend on heroes

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I actually questioned their initial seeding a few months ago because with all the complaints about mismatch, there could be some that get placed super on their first go if it wasn't adjusted.

There is an easy solution to this though, just hold seeding clans for the first 4 hours of CWL search day while the MM collects a running average total defense weight of each tier for placement.
    Do you think holding clans for 4 hours is really necessary? Surely the previous month's data would be good enough?

I do have a concern about initial seeding being too accurate though. Would some clans just keep restarting after every demotion?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Nothing is going to change because there is no matchmaking at all in CWL. You are paired against 7 other clans within your league and that's it. Any kind of matchmaking in CWL completely undermines the entire premise of CWL. If you and your clanmates are that frustrated then skip the CWL signup period and just do regular wars. Otherwise you can swallow your pride and do the best you can. My clan got spanked this month but guess what? We still get medals even though we finished 7th. And it's as many medals as if we had gotten 1st place in the league below us.
    Perhaps if you (and/or your clanmates) took a little time to understand how CWL actually works, you'd find your frustrations would evaporate.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2677
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    Based on relative costs ( 45 less medals) & time, I find the fighting/building/spell hammers a better value, cutting time from double digit days vs more expensive HERO hammers Cutting a max of 7 days. Especially true for DE troops, i can then spend on heroes
    In terms of pure efficiency of days saved, you are of course right.

But in terms of gameplay, very much not so.

One defence down is usually hardly noticed - and even more so in legends. Equally, the time taken to research is only really important for the first few after a TH upgrade.

But a hero down significantly affects your attacking ability, so for most people is more important, even though it only saves a maximum of 8 days (not 7 since the December update).

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2678
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    Perhaps if you (and/or your clanmates) took a little time to understand how CWL actually works, you'd find your frustrations would evaporate.
    I think you were responding to the wrong post there. Phoenix1027 knows perfectly well how it works, and hasn't shown any signs of frustration at it.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2679
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I actually questioned their initial seeding a few months ago because with all the complaints about mismatch, there could be some that get placed super on their first go if it wasn't adjusted.

There is an easy solution to this though, just hold seeding clans for the first 4 hours of CWL search day while the MM collects a running average total defense weight of each tier for placement.
    I don't think it needs to be done quite that immediately.

Easier still would be to use the averages from the previous month, and that will not result in seriously wrong initial placement. Should be overall war weight, not just defence weight.

I don't think holding new entrants to CWL for several hours is a good idea.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think you were responding to the wrong post there. Phoenix1027 knows perfectly well how it works, and hasn't shown any signs of frustration at it.
    Yup, I was responding to the post above.

Apologies Phoenix!
    Last edited by Kaledonian; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:08 PM.